Philo

Featured Posts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, brizoda said:

another is Diplo

Her last 4 years he has lost any originality and now sounds indistingible to other artists making this ''sepia house music''

Alot of the early 2010s EDM DJs went in that lazy trap/trop direction around 2014-2017 and it just sucked...

HotLikeMexico
10 minutes ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

Gaga 

i just wrote that to see the reactions :huntyga:

THE BIGGEST SELLOUT

Bambino
10 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Thalia went from Equivocada (a fav of mine) to No Me Acuerdo. :wtf: I mean, it's a bop but girl you were doing so good.

Exactly.

Not to mention her for promo, but seriously, Paulina Rubio remains the only pop Latin artist who's still loyal to her authentic and pure Latin pop sound despite the radio not playing her songs because they're not as trendy as Maluma's :shrug: 

Madonna during Hard Candy & MDNA

Taylor can be considered a sellout after Red when she took the pop route

Gaga with Chromatica (an album that I think is flawless), doing a safe pop album produced by Bloodpop, with collabs from Ariana Grande and BLACKPINK aka the hottest artists right now

12 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

And for Madonna, I think that Hard Candy is her last album where she tried to do something different, when she embraced late-2000s experimental (Timbaland, Kanye, Neptunes) hip hop influences. It feels like her last fun, self-conscious free album where she did it because she felt like it rather than to make an important statement about her career.

I see your point, this era seemed so fun and natural, like she was actually enjoying it like her past eras but imo she stopped being the trend-setter/re-invention queen she has always been

Justin, Timbaland and Pharrell were pretty popular at that time. It was a great move to collab with them in order to keep the momentum she had after Confessions, but I dont't think she was trying to make something different, it pretty much sounds like another 2000s record

But if we listen to COADF and AL, I think those stand out by being unique during that decade

... and now i just sit in silence.

Putang Ina Mo
42 minutes ago, Philo said:

Pink: Leaving her former risk-taking persona to serve some adult contemporary/soccer mom anthems. I get that she got older and thus changed, but I feel like she only plays safe anymore.

As a fan of P!nk, I sadly agree. 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

Firecracker

Marshmello, a one trick pony who uses the same old mute guitar and voice synths to milk off his 12 year old fanbase. I said what I said!

RichAssPiss

I find Adam Levine and Brendon Urie very questionable as they sacked their whole bands and now just make solo pop hits with the same dozen or so Top 40 producers everyone else does...and they still use and profit from the name their bandmates helped build. 

Juanlittlem
12 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Exactly.

Not to mention her for promo, but seriously, Paulina Rubio remains the only pop Latin artist who's still loyal to her authentic and pure Latin pop sound despite the radio not playing her songs because they're not as trendy as Maluma's :shrug: 

Pau it's not my thing (except maybe a few songs like Ni una sola palabra, Boys will be boys, Baila Casanova (her best song ever) )but she's been consistent with her music, I'll give her that.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Archived