🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
society

Racist woman getting thrown out salon goes viral

Chromatican

I can’t believe people like Robin still exist. So much entitlement in a lot of these older generations in service situations. Makes me sick. 

• Like 2

lestyoufall

Wait what’s the racist part? Because she didn’t want the girl to do her hair? I’m trying to listen carefully for the racist parts but other than that the way the salon owner handled this is amazing & she truly deserves recognition for how to handle touch situations & deescalate them. Bravo.

• Like 2

xoxo Craig

The way that racist pig tries to play the victim. "I'm just going through a stressful time in my life" :billie:

I can't believe she tried to hit the owner! There's no place for racism and the owner handled that situation really well. Congrats to her for sticking up for her colleague and dealing with that situation. 

End Racism Now
  • Like 2

xoxo Craig
34 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

Wait what’s the racist part? Because she didn’t want the girl to do her hair? I’m trying to listen carefully for the racist parts but other than that the way the salon owner handled this is amazing & she truly deserves recognition for how to handle touch situations & deescalate them. Bravo.

Its right at the beginning of the video. Before the video starts it must have been agreed that the salon's owner's colleague (who is Hispanic) would do Karen's roots. This is when she melts down and refuses to accept that someone who is Hispanic will do her hair (video starts). I think she actually utters something about how white people are the boss and better than someone who isn't white, "there are supposed to be white workers" and thats when the owner says " uh uh nope not in this room, I'm the boss here Robin". The audio isn't very clear, so I may have misheard that. The client keeps making noises like she's going to be sick.

Then after that the client goes into a full meltdown...

Client: "I'm not paying her"

Owner: "But I do"

Client: "Do you want me to leave?"

Owner: "you wanna leave?!"

Client: "well yeah if YOU don’t do my hair"

Owner: "you don't have your colour on and you wanna talk to me like THAT?!

Robin, she is my ass-is-tant"

Client in tears: "I don't care, I want you to do my hair. I'm not telling you again"

Owner: don't talk to me like that

And the meltdown progresses and gets worse, to the point where the owner kicks her out.

The fact the racist tries to play the victim after she is actually kicked out :billie:  truly a disgusting woman

Edited by xoxo Craig
End Racism Now
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Helxig

This girl handled the situation really well! Sounds like Robyn has been a problem client for a while.

I actually had a client yesterday get angry at me and start raising her voice in the salon in front of everyone because she wanted foils instead of a toner and I politely told her I didn't have time as I was fully booked. She put on a whole show while I continued to speak calmly to her, before she started throwing her things in her bag and began to storm out...

But instead of just letting her leave I talked her down and squished her appointment in tomorrow :bear:  I really don't want to go in tomorrow with her as my first client and my overly squished in day... ugh.

As my old workmate and friend used to say "even crazy people need their hair done"

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 4

Helxig
36 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

The fact the racist tries to play the victim after she is actually kicked out :billie:  truly a disgusting woman

It actually makes me sick how they do this!! I've seen so many videos of older white women being disgustingly nasty to people and becoming violent, then as soon as it suits them they instantly switch on the 'poor victim' act. It's like a sociopath changing personalities on the fly. Vile.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TimisaMonster

Wow she handled that with so much professionalism and composure...im sure her body and voice were shaky with shock as I'm sure many of us have felt when people start getting aggressive towards us! 

Racists should be treated EXACTLY like this! You don't get to treat service workers like **** and expect them to just capitulate under your every whim. Rise up against people like this and stand up for yourself and for others! Have no fear! 

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • Like 1

Suuus
3 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

This is what I try to explain people. 

You don't fight racism by being same as them. The girl was really respectful and was showing grace and a role model behavior. She didn't have the need to offend the woman, no matter how far she went and things she sad (and the fact she tried to hit her). 

She exercised the behavior she wants to see from others. 

We should start treating racists as a second class citizens and actually ignore their existence until they become allies. 

I'm saying this for white people. 

I'm sure POC feels a bit different because they've been oppressed their whole life and I can talk about/from my perspective only. 

I applaud this woman as she showed us how we should handle other white racists. (for us that want to be best allies)  

I agreed with you until the white people part you could have just said im saying this for all racists instead this not an attack just an observation 

Edited by Suuus
  • LMAO 1

TSUNAMI
2 minutes ago, Suuus said:

I agreed with you until the white people part 

POC can't be allies to POC because they are POC. 

I wanted to emphasize "white people" because we are the majority and the ones who unfortunately "make the rules", if we really condemn the behavior we see wrong and exclude the ones who are not following the norms we set - the message would be receieved better and faster. 

Unfortunately, racists think that POC are worthless and it means nothing to them when POC is being on the other side... but when the white person is on the opposite side they would at least think about it better.

I might be wrong, this is the impression I got. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Suuus
5 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

I wanted to emphasize "white people" because we are the majority and the ones who unfortunately "make the rules", if we really condemn the behavior we see wrong and exclude the ones who are not following the norms we set - the message would be receieved better and faster. 

Unfortunately, racists think that POC are worthless and it means nothing to them when POC is being on the other side... but when the white person is on the opposite side they would at least think about it better.

Thank you for your kind reaction i apriciate that 

• Love 1

Delaytica
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

The way that racist pig tries to play the victim. "I'm just going through a stressful time in my life" :billie:

I can't believe she tried to hit the owner! There's no place for racism and the owner handled that situation really well. Congrats to her for sticking up for her colleague and dealing with that situation. 

Right?! There's been several Robins/Karens caught on video like this and they always go to "I'm so stressed right now" or "I'm going through a lot" so basically your inner racism comes out when you're going through a hard time? Ok...:billie:

AND the fact she tried to hit her I just :sharon:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Delaytica
10 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

Exacto. We need more white people who are not afraid to lay the truth out on the table because maybe other white people will listen to us. We have to set the standard. :applause:

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Ziggy
2 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its right at the beginning of the video. Before the video starts it must have been agreed that the salon's owner's colleague (who is Hispanic) would do Karen's roots. This is when she melts down and refuses to accept that someone who is Hispanic will do her hair (video starts). I think she actually utters something about how white people are the boss and better than someone who isn't white, "there are supposed to be white workers" and thats when the owner says " uh uh nope not in this room, I'm the boss here Robin". The audio isn't very clear, so I may have misheard that. The client keeps making noises like she's going to be sick.

Then after that the client goes into a full meltdown...

Client: "I'm not paying her"

Owner: "But I do"

Client: "Do you want me to leave?"

Owner: "you wanna leave?!"

Client: "well yeah if YOU don’t do my hair"

Owner: "you don't have your colour on and you wanna talk to me like THAT?!

Robin, she is my ass-is-tant"

Client in tears: "I don't care, I want you to do my hair. I'm not telling you again"

Owner: don't talk to me like that

And the meltdown progresses and gets worse, to the point where the owner kicks her out.

Thank you for explaining because all I saw was “surprise someone you didn’t agree to doing your hair is going to!” and I was like uhm why is this racist? I’d be mad too if I thought one person I specifically asked for to do my hair suddenly isn’t (since generally you pay more when you do that).

So this makes more sense. Many thanks