🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
society

French Women Forced To Wear Masks During Labor

PoetsTryinWrite

French women in uproar as they're forced to wear masks during LABOR  leaving them vomiting and unable to breathe - as doctors threaten to leave them to give birth alone if they refuse.

Women in France are being forced to wear masks during childbirth, with doctors given the power to refuse to treat anyone who chooses not to wear one.  

French mothers have expressed their outrage at the mask requirement, pointing out that someone exercising in a fitness centre in the country is exempt from wearing one, but pregnant women must wear one during childbirth - a practice which is not followed in the UK or the US.  

Critics, including medics and campaigners, argued that women are finding themselves in unnecessary distress, sometimes leading to them becoming too weak to push or having emergency C-sections. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8834045/Women-France-felt-like-suffocating-forced-wear-face-masks-childbirth.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

I wonder how many of you will attempt to justify this abuse in the name of health and safety. 

Defend Your Humanity.
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 8
  • Sad 8

Bonkers
4 minutes ago, PoetsTryinWrite said:

I wonder how many of you will attempt to justify this abuse in the name of health and safety. 

It seemed pretty odd to me, especially since masks without social distancing aren't much good.  Wouldn't get behind it myself at first glance.

However, I accept your challenge.

Giving birth is already hard, why not make it worse?  I mean, these doctors can't afford to get covid, so if you can reduce their risk by even 5%, I think it's worth ruining the most special moment in a woman's life.  

:vegas:

tenor.gif

Spoiler

But honestly, yes, even though there's other patients, doctors, nurses, Britney Spears cameo appearances, etc, it would seem there would have to be a better solution to that and it does seem cruel given how long it can take, and how bad it feels to have a sweaty mask covering your face and making breathing uncomfortable.

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • LMAO 5

StarstruckIllusion
4 minutes ago, PoetsTryinWrite said:

French women in uproar as they're forced to wear masks during LABOR  leaving them vomiting and unable to breathe - as doctors threaten to leave them to give birth alone if they refuse.

Women in France are being forced to wear masks during childbirth, with doctors given the power to refuse to treat anyone who chooses not to wear one.  

French mothers have expressed their outrage at the mask requirement, pointing out that someone exercising in a fitness centre in the country is exempt from wearing one, but pregnant women must wear one during childbirth - a practice which is not followed in the UK or the US.  

Critics, including medics and campaigners, argued that women are finding themselves in unnecessary distress, sometimes leading to them becoming too weak to push or having emergency C-sections. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8834045/Women-France-felt-like-suffocating-forced-wear-face-masks-childbirth.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Lmao what the hell is your problem? Wear a mask. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 25

PoetsTryinWrite
Just now, Bonkers said:

It seemed pretty odd to me, especially since masks without social distancing aren't much good.  Wouldn't get behind it myself at first glance.

However, I accept your challenge.

Giving birth is already hard, why not make it worse?  I mean, these doctors can't afford to get covid, so if you can reduce their risk by even 5%, I think it's worth ruining the most special moment in a woman's life.  

:vegas:

tenor.gif

Ruining a special moment? I’m afraid not. What they are actually ruining is the woman’s health and thus the potential health of her child. Childbirth isn’t just hard, it is painful. You need all the oxygen you can so that both you and the baby are healthy and well afterwards. What they are doing is disgusting. If you honestly think traumatising these women during a painful period of their life is humane I have nothing to say to you. Distress during pregnancy and birth contributes to ill health in babies and post-natal depression which in turn damages the psychology of the child. 

Wake up. 

Defend Your Humanity.
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 2

StarstruckIllusion

This however, seems extra. If everyone else in the room is wearing a mask, isn’t the mother already protected enough? Just keep the distance. 

• Like 4

Economy

If gyms aren't requiring them the hypocracy :toofunny:

Seriously tho... In a situation like labor, you gotta be reasonable at some point. That is not the time to make someone lightheaded or weak :madge:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

PoetsTryinWrite
2 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Lmao what the hell is your problem? Wear a mask. 

Fascism is my problem, and will be yours too. 

Edited by PoetsTryinWrite
Defend Your Humanity.
  • LMAO 9
  • Sad 2

Bonkers
3 minutes ago, PoetsTryinWrite said:

Ruining a special moment? I’m afraid not. What they are actually ruining is the woman’s health and thus the potential health of her child. Childbirth isn’t just hard, it is painful. You need all the oxygen you can so that both you and the baby are healthy and well afterwards. What they are doing is disgusting. If you honestly think traumatising these women during a painful period of their life is humane I have nothing to say to you. Distress during pregnancy and birth contributes to ill health in babies and post-natal depression which in turn damages the psychology of the child. 

Wake up. 

You didn't recognize that as a joke?

Hyperbolic, ridiculous vocabulary after I said I agreed, but "accepted your challenge" followed by this picture:

tenor.gif

:saladga:

Jokes & opinions have no bearing on policy in France.  It's good to be educated about what's going on (thank you) but it's not something we can't be light about. 

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Like 3

River

weird, labor is like every other surgery, doesn't matter if the person is awake, you don't close their mouth, this is dumb honestly..

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PoetsTryinWrite
Just now, Bonkers said:

You didn't recognize that as a joke?

Hyperbolic, ridiculous vocabulary followed by this picture:

tenor.gif

:saladga:

I’m sorry but no, I didn’t. I don’t find any of this funny and too many people write like you and aren’t joking. But my apologies. 

Defend Your Humanity.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Renie

So it’s ok for the doctors to run around for 12+ hours a day with peoples lives in their hands but all of a sudden it’s too hard for a woman giving birth to wear one. You still get oxygen! They’re not the most comfortable but who cares if you’re protecting everyone else! Please stop with this anti mask propaganda! 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 9

PoetsTryinWrite
1 minute ago, Renie said:

So it’s ok for the doctors to run around for 12+ hours a day with peoples lives in their hands but all of a sudden it’s too hard for a woman giving birth to wear one. You still get oxygen! They’re not the most comfortable but who cares if you’re protecting everyone else! Please stop with this anti mask propaganda! 

Please stop with spreading and justifying fascist impositions. This is cruel and inhuman. I am a man and even I can imagine how distressing this is. Please. Wake. Up. 

Defend Your Humanity.
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Luke78619

I thought that you still get the same amount of oxygen wearing a mask than when you don’t :huh:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

PoetsTryinWrite
Just now, Luke78619 said:

I thought that you still get the same amount of oxygen wearing a mask than when you don’t :huh:

Please tell me you are joking?

Defend Your Humanity.
  • Thanks 1

Yes To Heaven

They test the mothers anyways to make sure they don’t have it, and they do that as well with everyone in the room so I don’t see the point in the mother having to wear a mask

But I see what you’re trying to do... I am assuming you’re anti-mask and you’re obviously trying to use this to further some sort of point that masks are useless when this is very situational. 

Edited by Yes To Heaven
an angel held me like a child
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4