Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chaka Khan: ‘F*ck Ariana Grande’ (Video)

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Which, in a way, is worse. A word like that shouldn't be something you say offhand all the time. Maybe it's a cultural difference. Where I'm from, calling a woman a cow or anything remotely related to cows is considered really disrespectful and yet, just over the border into England, it's considered a simple cheeky little jibe, nothing to be taken overly seriously. So maybe different people mean it differently. The same way some women are ok with the word bitch so long as it's not negative but others will always be offended. How women are referred to is always a thorny issue. I notice, incidentally, that your avatar of Angelina is where she's a character in Girl, Interrupted who uses the word heifer and mere days after you changed it to this! What a coincidence!

Daisy Rathbone: You're just jealous, Lisa... because I got better... because I was released... because I have a chance... at a life.
Lisa Rowe: They didn't release you 'cause you're better, Daisy, they just gave up. You call this a life, hmm? Taking Daddy's money, buying your dollies and your knickknacks. And eating his ****in' chicken, fattening up like a prize ****in' heifer. You changed the scenery, but not the ****in' situation, and the warden makes house calls. And everybody knows, everbody knows that he ****s you. What they don't know is that you like it, hmm? You like it.
Susanna Kaysen: [to Lisa] Shut the **** up!
Lisa Rowe: Hey, man, it's cool, it's okay. It's fine, it's ****ing fine! A man is a **** is a man is a **** is a chicken... is a dad... a Valium, a speculum, whatever, whatever. [to Daisy] You like being Mrs. Rathbone. Probably all you've ever known.
Daisy Rathbone: Have fun in Florida. [goes upstairs to her room]

^ Oh Yeah, that is a funny coincidence. I did not even realize the coincidence. I love Lisa's last scene with Daisy, where she goes all in with the truth. Angelina nailed that scene, unforgettable.

I also don't approve of that word to address anyone, but I also don't swear at all and most people do. I have never called anyone a heifer and wouldn't. I am quite proper.

Heifer seems like an old fashioned word here, since Chaka Khan is an older lady, maybe that is why she used it and still uses it. I honestly never hear that word anymore or usually. It is derogatory. Chaka Khan just seemed like she was trying to speak gritty and relatable to the interviewer here.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you Ariana stans wanna make a point, calling mother****ing Chaka Khan irrelevant isn't gonna help your cause... you just look like uncultured shallow twinks who abuse AAVE and think acting like Regina George is a personality. And that's what you looked like before you commented here, so... :bear:

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Sister said:

Did Lisa say the word heifer in Girl Interrupted? To whom? I don't recall that word being in the movie. LOL. Yeah, that is a funny coincidence if so. I love Lisa's last scene with Daisy, where she goes all in with the truth. Angelina nailed that scene, unforgettable.

I also don't approve of that word to address anyone, but I also don't swear at all and most people do. I have never called anyone a heifer and wouldn't. I am quite proper.

Heifer seems like an old fashioned word here, since Chaka Khan is an older lady, maybe that is why she used it and still uses it. I honestly never hear that word anymore or usually. It is derogatory. Chaka Khan just seemed like she was trying to speak gritty and relatable to the interviewer here.

Yeah, in that very scene with Daisy, where she says "eating his chicken, fattening up like a prize f**ing heifer." It is indeed a word from an older generation. I've only seen it referenced in media that was written or set in the 60's or earlier. Nowadays, you'd just say "fat cow." Never really understood the use of the word heifer to reference fatness as a heifer is a young cow who's never given birth, so it's weirdly nonsensical. I notice the way it's written in the title of this video is "heffer," which, upon researching it doesn't come up with anything, just corrects your spelling to heifer and directs you to stuff about cows, so the video spelled it wrong and there doesn't seem to be an innocent definition of it. I guess it's just surprising what some people think is acceptable language. If you grew up with certain words and no one ever criticised you for your use of them, you won't think twice. And if someone ever does pick up on it, you'll defend it and say you're not changing now.

28 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Yeah, in that very scene with Daisy, where she says "eating his chicken, fattening up like a prize f**ing heifer." It is indeed a word from an older generation. I've only seen it referenced in media that was written or set in the 60's or earlier. Nowadays, you'd just say "fat cow." Never really understood the use of the word heifer to reference fatness as a heifer is a young cow who's never given birth, so it's weirdly nonsensical. I notice the way it's written in the title of this video is "heffer," which, upon researching it doesn't come up with anything, just corrects your spelling to heifer and directs you to stuff about cows, so the video spelled it wrong and there doesn't seem to be an innocent definition of it. I guess it's just surprising what some people think is acceptable language. If you grew up with certain words and no one ever criticised you for your use of them, you won't think twice. And if someone ever does pick up on it, you'll defend it and say you're not changing now.

Agreed, especially your last point. I believe that is what is going on here with Chaka Khan. No one would hold her to it either, she has legendary status, rightfully so, but I also agree that just because one is iconic, it shouldn't give them a pass to act ugly and unseemly and it's not cute.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Chlorine Sevigny

Nothing wrong with what she said and it wasn't a dig at Ariana. Kinda refreshing to hear someone not so calculated and PC. She doesn't give a f and she doesn't need to. :whitney:

JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, MACATL said:

She’s always been kinda nutty, but what a STELLAR singer.  Look up “I Feel For You,” “Ain’t Nobody,” “I’m Every Woman,” and “Through the Fire.”  

Thought the Fire, girl. 

Happy Cry GIF by memecandy

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RadioIsOurs
2 hours ago, CHROMATICON said:

Most of us are not from the 80s so we do not feel the need to know about that people. 

Neither am I but its mandatory to know your basic pop culture facts sis :ally:

Queen Gloria

I love Chaka Khan, I'm a huge fan of her and other 80s funk artists. People in this generation are so easily offended by bold people who speak their mind and don't share their opinions, lol. She's paid her dues in the industry and has had a long, very successful career, she's not required to stan Ariana because everyone else does. It's refreshing to see a celebrity being real and not kissing everyone's ass because it's polite to do so in interviews. She also said she can't stand Kanye West in another portion of this interview, and I agree with her lol. 

9 hours ago, Jed said:

Sorry but this is why i cant come to this site anymore. Yall think you care so much about music yet are soo ignorant you cant even begin to comprehend how ignorant you actually come off

What?? 

I swear to god, I've never heard of this lady until now. And it's not my problem, she's some forgotten 60s fad

Bambino
9 hours ago, Jed said:

Chaka khan is an american/international vocal legend. You not knowing who she is has nothing to do with her worth, her work, or her legacy. It says more about the people on this forum that they idolize and put these white women on a pedestal put boast they they have no idea who iconic black singers are. 

I hope you're not making this about race. People are saying she's an icon from the 80s, an era that I'm not familiar with that much regardless of the race of any legendary/iconic artist :shrug: Keep in mind that not everyone in here is from the US/UK and that some artists received better international exposure than others to audiences from other places.

Archived