Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gucci starts shooting in Italy in March

Scathach

Featured Posts

zakariah
10 hours ago, Quartz said:

That means no more Chromatica by March. We have at most 5 months of the album era left. Sad. The album is great. I guess it's not gonna be promoted like how it deserves to. Oh well.

gurl, we're not even getting Chromatica era right now KSDKFKSD

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
organic salad
12 hours ago, Quartz said:

That means no more Chromatica by March. We have at most 5 months of the album era left. Sad. The album is great. I guess it's not gonna be promoted like how it deserves to. Oh well.

Well, she can always release a piano version of her favorite track - in July 2021, right before the Chromatica Ball - which would be eligible for the 2022 Grammys. ;)

Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin'?) (piano version) won on a Grammy in 2019.

organic salad
12 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

So if they start shooting in March let's say they take 2 months of filming. That takes us to May/June, when is she gonna rehearse for the Chromatica Ball? Or are we expecting another delay/cancelled tour?

I'm sure Gaga has everything PLANNED. Just like she did in 2017 (ASIB/JWT). 

ASIB began filming on 4/17/17. 
Gaga finished filming on ~6/15/17.
JWT began on 8/1/17 in Canada.

Gucci begins filming in March? 2021 in Europe. 
Gaga finishes filming in May/June? 2021 in Europe. 
Chromatica Ball begins 7/30/21 in Europe.

Yes, plans are just that, there are no guarantees. Everybody knows that by now. ;)

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

Most likely Gaga will be called an Academy Award nominee... because she is an actress in the movie, and she was nominated for acting, and won for songwriting. I know fans will probably be disappointed by it, but that's the unwritten rule. The award mentions in the trailers always refer to acting roles.

The same way other singers who won for music (or were nominated for music) didn't get the Academy Award Winner billing in their next movies when they were actors. (Jon Bon Jovi, Janet Jackson, Dolly Parton - to name a few nominees)

Nah that was a different time. Nowadays people care more about the hype and promo. I’m sure they’ll mention Academy award winner. 

Quartz
18 minutes ago, organic salad said:

Well, she can always release a piano version of her favorite track - in July 2021, right before the Chromatica Ball - which would be eligible for the 2022 Grammys. ;)

Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin'?) (piano version) won on a Grammy in 2019.

What tour. In this economy? :selena:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

androiduser
5 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Nah that was a different time. Nowadays people care more about the hype and promo. I’m sure they’ll mention Academy award winner. 

if not, fans on twitter can just harrass them endlessly :green:

Reality
14 hours ago, QueenHunty said:

It better be. In all her roles so far, I feel like Gaga holds back a little bit. I still see Gaga/Stefani coming through in The Countess and Ally. I want to see her fully immerse herself in a role with method acting and become the person, no signs of her actual self. I haven't seen her done that yet. If she can, she'll definitely be Oscar worthy. 

I think that's because both of those two roles are somewhat similar to who she is in real life.

Obviously Gaga's not a murderous vampire IRL, but with her fashion choices and aesthetic, it was still very "Gaga," so visually speaking, there wasn't much of a difference.

Ally's a musician, so the connection between her and Gaga is clear.

I understand what you're saying, which is why this role is super exciting for her. 

🃏🖤👹

I think she should do a "title" song to promote the film but not really perform it or anything. Just to promote the film and give the world new music. I mean... it can never hurt to have a Lady Gaga song associated with your film, right?

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

President Biden
21 hours ago, Biagio2103 said:

These kind of movies usually don't take longer than 9 weeks (two months), assuming nothing unexpected happens, she should be done by the last week of April.

how are these kind of movies filmed so quickly? plz explain, i dont get what kind of release this is going to be

I got drunk

Biagio2103
55 minutes ago, President Biden said:

how are these kind of movies filmed so quickly? plz explain, i dont get what kind of release this is going to be

These movies are mostly acting only, like Knives Out and American Hustle. They don't have to prepare large sets like in war movies (Dunkirk, 1917), choreograph fights and action sequences (basically every superheroe movie), travel to several locations for proper scenarios (A Star Is Born 1976 and 2018) or spend years on postproduction for visual effects (Avatar and every Pixar movie). The Gucci film only requires the cast to learn the script, stuff like cinematography, make-up and costume design don't take long unless they are science fiction films like Star Trek or Star Wars.

I'm only good at being bad

Chromatican

Based on this cast list this, director, and story line this will likely be an Oscar contender. I am so glad Gaga is being smart with her roles, and choosing movies with the right amount of star power, intriguing leads, commercial appeal and awards season prospects. I remember in 2018 after A Star is Born a lot of people on GGD wanted Gaga to jump into the MCU or some more commercial vehicles, but that always seemed tacky to me. You don't go from a smash hit debut movie role with a Best Actress nomination and Original Song win to some superhero movie with minimal awards prospects and less prestige. Gaga is very smart to choose a vehicle like this. Starring in something timeless is almost always preferable to starring in a quick lil box office hit that will not have a ton of cultural impact.

Archived