Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Demi: "I literally don't care if this ruins my career"

COOOK

Featured Posts

The Dixie Chicks committed career suicide by criticizing Bush. But that was Country music, this is not.

Personally, I would have preferred an uptempo riled up revolution of a song, instead of a ballad. But this is her. That last phrase is really tough on him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Obviously her career isn't gonna be over because she decides to back Biden, but given the political climate in the US, it can certainly drive away fans if you make your stance public. Yes, Demi has supported liberal values in the past, but not to the degree as Gaga. Gaga has been unapologetic about her beliefs since she came on the scene. Demi hasn't. Think about when Miley went all ""crazy"" in 2013. People were so divided because of her upbringing as a child star. I'm not saying that this is on the same level, but it's similar. 

Honestly even if she did it less than gaga she still did it well enough for it to be damn clear imo lol. And just look at her gender bathroom position, conservatives were pissed off yet it had zero impact on her career. If anything it created a stronger bound with her LGBT fans. That's why the "career on the line" comment seems over-dramatic to me.

I think the miley 2013 case is very different cause miley was a few years away from her Hannah Montana era and going super raunchy so folks were afraid millions of little girls worshipping her would copy that. Demi's far from her camp rock days and already saw many "models for kids" passing after her + in her case it would'nt be about something else breaking the original perfect image... But Demi already broke it many times on year.

Yeah, but it's not backfiring. Celebrities and social media influencers are telling people to vote 24/7 and yet Biden's numbers are still strong. I'm not saying that his numbers are because of celebrities backing Biden, but they're certainly not taking away support.

It's too early to know that no? I hope you're right but last time it's after the election that pundits thought that celebs support was probably more of a negative thing for HRC. She also had strong numbers till the end, 90% chances of winning etc.

My comment was long because I wanted to give you context, sweetie. :hor: It's just a few more lines of reading, nothing too busy. 

I get that but it still ironic to tell others their view is irrelevant then take the time to adress it. ☺

12 hours ago, Postboy said:

Her songs get played on the radio. More than we can say about Gaga. 

Yet the last time she cracked the top 10 was four years ago :oprah: 

I don’t mean to be rude but please don’t insert Gaga where it’s not necessary :kara:

Girl, it's basically mandatory to be a Trump detractor if you wanna stay successful or at least present in mainstream media :billie:, and she dares to say "I don't care if it ruins my career" :billie: , when all Hollywood/celebrities/pop culture/etc. supports the same ideas (if not, they're cancelled and destroyed). She's not a martyr of freedom, y'all :billie:. I like her, I do like her and some of her music but it is what it is. Safest move ever.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Lona Delery

no hate no shade but dragging trump is not a risky move at all lmao, this is so pretentious

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

FrederickSpears

This is a good song, sure Pink did it way better with "Dear Mr. President" which STILL rings true to this day with Trump in office even though it was done for Bush (who now we see was nowhere near as bad as Trump, but still sucked.) My mom who isn't a Demi fan loved it so much and said it was one of the best performances haha. SO maybe the GP will be here for it? We shall see!

Prostitute Barbie

The only thing about this that could possibly have a negative effect on her career are the extremely tacky lyrics. She’s so dramatic lol 

gypsy101
15 hours ago, smitherz said:

girl nobody of any value is mad at her for talking politics, it’s just if you’re gonna do it, you need to do it well. This song is EMBARRASSINGLY bad 

agreed. i was all for this song to be released, seemed like a cool idea. but it is so musically uninteresting. weird that it’s the same team that did Lose You to Love Me which i still bop to when i hear it on the radio.

18 hours ago, berlinforme said:

I'm very much for celebrities staying in there lane. If they did, Trump wouldn't be president. :huntyga:

But here we are, so his supporters should grant the same right to other celebrities as well. 

it's one thing if a reality tv star like trump gets casted as president because of money, privilege and cheating.

But there is nothing wrong with artists voicing their opinions/thoughts in their art. Most artists don't think of their work/life/career as a "lane" that they need to stay in. Writing and singing about political issues is NOT problematic or wrong in any way.

berlinforme
28 minutes ago, Blade said:

it's one thing if a reality tv star like trump gets casted as president because of money, privilege and cheating.

But there is nothing wrong with artists voicing their opinions/thoughts in their art. Most artists don't think of their work/life/career as a "lane" that they need to stay in. Writing and singing about political issues is NOT problematic or wrong in any way.

It was a joke, I don't mind people stating their political opinions. 

20 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

I'm no Demi fan, but she right. It's annoying for people to keep insisting that celebrities "stay in their lane", when politically, what Demi is saying is in her lane. These people are citizens first, entertainers second.

And of course, Trump supporters would never say that to Kid Rock or James Woods, or celebrities who do support their cult leader. Very hypocritical.

Well, James Woods is crazy so I think I’m happy to just leave him to what he’s doing :laughga:

fun fact: he has me blocked on twitter. My liberal impact :diane:

Guillaume Hamon
On 10/15/2020 at 8:24 AM, McYves said:

Girl, it's basically mandatory to be a Trump detractor if you wanna stay successful or at least present in mainstream media :billie:, and she dares to say "I don't care if it ruins my career" :billie: , when all Hollywood/celebrities/pop culture/etc. supports the same ideas (if not, they're cancelled and destroyed). She's not a martyr of freedom, y'all :billie:. I like her, I do like her and some of her music but it is what it is. Safest move ever.

So true... The hypocrisy of acting like if it was an actual risk when she knows damn well it's not...

I was always defending her but she makes it hard. The stans who still back her up are a dying cult tbh.

Archived