celeb

Demi: "I literally don't care if this ruins my career"

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo

I can’t at people Saying celebrities should stay out of politics—- politics is for everyone! 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

RahrahWitch

I found the song kind of cringe, It think she should've made a more broad statement than just focusing on trump and it could've been good.

That Said, For people saying she should stay out of politics, I'm sorry but No. Anyone with a platform should use it to speak out against injustice.

Pray4FameGa
6 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

I'm no Demi fan, but she right. It's annoying for people to keep insisting that celebrities "stay in their lane", when politically, what Demi is saying is in her lane. These people are citizens first, entertainers second.

And of course, Trump supporters would never say that to Kid Rock or James Woods, or celebrities who do support their cult leader. Very hypocritical.

Hmm, there's something a little distasteful about an artist turning around to the people who made them and telling them what their political beliefs should be or who to vote for. 'I don't care about my audience' - you'd be nothing without your audience, you should respect them more and not preach to them because they don't care. There's nothing worse than a rich celebrity trying to teach u life lessons. Regardless, this endorsing by celebrities absolutely always backfires, so she's doing her side no favours.

Reality
11 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

C'mon demi also supported liberal values along the years while having her average fan being far from Trump voters demographic, she's not taking much risk and she knows it so the dramatic "if my carreer's on the line" is virtue signaling.

Obviously her career isn't gonna be over because she decides to back Biden, but given the political climate in the US, it can certainly drive away fans if you make your stance public. Yes, Demi has supported liberal values in the past, but not to the degree as Gaga. Gaga has been unapologetic about her beliefs since she came on the scene. Demi hasn't. Think about when Miley went all ""crazy"" in 2013. People were so divided because of her upbringing as a child star. I'm not saying that this is on the same level, but it's similar. 

Hollywood elite bashing Trump can backfire and potentally help his phony "close to the little Man" PR plan so not sure...

Yeah, but it's not backfiring. Celebrities and social media influencers are telling people to vote 24/7 and yet Biden's numbers are still strong. I'm not saying that his numbers are because of celebrities backing Biden, but they're certainly not taking away support.

Don't tell me it's irrelevant after writing a long comment about it lol.

My comment was long because I wanted to give you context, sweetie. :hor: It's just a few more lines of reading, nothing too busy. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

JazzGa
5 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

What about the dark berries falling from the trees, that no one ever picks, except for the wind, whistling, like the echo of a bird whose freedom never ceased to sing. 

This is so good :bradley: You're hired

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

xoxo Craig
6 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Gaga when she's politically active: "Omg yas queen! We love you! Stick it to the man! Yaaas we love a voting queen! You're such an inspiration to everyone! Gaga for president 2024!"

Other artists when they're politically active: "Umm...what the **** is this chile....They need to say in their own lane. Y'all are cringy, please stop. Don't tell me what to do. You're not being genuine at all." 

:triggered: 

We need everyone to speak up. Good for her. 

The message is definitely important and I think other celebrities should speak up more often. But idk if this is the way to do it. I mean, if there was gonna be a political song, she could have at least made it good (like Americano for example). I think its also an over-exaggeration from Demi's part to even think that this song that she released is gonna cause that much outrage that she'll end her career. The thing with Demi is that she has been open with her sexuality for a number of years now, and has never ever been afraid to speak her mind. I can't think why Trump (or Conservative voters in general) would be fans of Demi or even pay attention to her. They are polar opposites imo. She's never came across as someone who would fake something for benefiting her career, so her speaking the truth is not anything new.

I guess people are just tired with Demi. Its the same thing over and over again. Its just ballad after ballad after ballad, and its getting boring now. The song just doesn't have the impact that it should have had imo. Demi is making out that this is a make or break song for her, which is delusional. The message is important, but in terms of the actual song, its kind of meh. 

End Racism Now

Reality
14 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

The message is definitely important and I think other celebrities should speak up more often. But idk if this is the way to do it. I mean, if there was gonna be a political song, she could have at least made it good (like Americano for example). I think its also an over-exaggeration from Demi's part to even think that this song that she released is gonna cause that much outrage that she'll end her career. The thing with Demi is that she has been open with her sexuality for a number of years now, and has never ever been afraid to speak her mind. I can't think why Trump (or Conservative voters in general) would be fans of Demi or even pay attention to her. They are polar opposites imo. She's never came across as someone who would fake something for benefiting her career, so her speaking the truth is not anything new.

I guess people are just tired with Demi. Its the same thing over and over again. Its just ballad after ballad after ballad, and its getting boring now. The song just doesn't have the impact that it should have had imo. Demi is making out that this is a make or break song for her, which is delusional. The message is important, but in terms of the actual song, its kind of meh. 

I actually hate Americano :sweat: I think the message is great, obviously, but I just sonically do not like it at all.

If this is over how good the song is, okay fine, then people should talk about the song specifically, but I don't like how people, particularly in this thread, are hating on Demi because she's speaking out. When Gaga does it, it's "from a place of compassion," but when Demi does it it's "fake"? Honestly, it doesn't make sense.

I also actually prefer ballads in general, so I'm fine with her putting out a lot of ballads. Again, that's more of a preference. If this was about Demi releasing "another mediocre ballad," then that's where the conversation should've gone. But instead it's, "Ugh, this is so cringy," "Why is she doing this?", "Can she just stay in her own lane?", etc., etc. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Queen Gloria

This is going to make people remember she has a career. She's not doing anything groundbreaking but kudos for being Anti-Trump. She really loves that wet/messy hair and long trench coat look, huh?

KevinWright

It's not another - love your body theme - song? 

Is Demi ok? :ohno:

We really need another empowerment song from her :billie:

See Debbie, this is why it's hard to like you.. wish you the best.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Chromatica Island

The song is awful anyways and cringy lol 

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Chromatica Island
:billie: 

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

djBuffoon
5 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Hmm, there's something a little distasteful about an artist turning around to the people who made them and telling them what their political beliefs should be or who to vote for. 'I don't care about my audience' - you'd be nothing without your audience, you should respect them more and not preach to them because they don't care. There's nothing worse than a rich celebrity trying to teach u life lessons. Regardless, this endorsing by celebrities absolutely always backfires, so she's doing her side no favours.

I hear you, but I disagree. Art and politics have always been intertwined, and that dualism has always been controversial, but thankfully, it is embedded into our democracy.

And I don’t think she is telling anyone who to vote for. She wrote a song about her feelings of the current president. What people discern from the lyrics is out of her control. 

I should also say, haven’t heard the song and I don’t care much for Demi in general. But I support her decision  to speak on what’s happening rn. 

Archived