Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

BLACKPINK listen to Sour Candy in Netflix documentary

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Suspiria
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

Ok but the collab still wasn’t a proper collab. Gaga only called them for a feature. They didn’t really shape the song together. I just think it’s cute but it’s not up to Gaga’s standards imo

I mean it's not like Gaga wrote the Korean verses. And obviously with a song it can't just be a direct translation, they'd have to have rewritten the lyrics.

Teddy is credited as a writer but I'm guessing they at least had a bit of input.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise
2 hours ago, mister max said:

Thank u for ur positive contribution to this thread and to gagadaily!!:heart::heart:

This is giving me:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDBtx9ZotzJWOm_2N4EcS

:billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

51 minutes ago, mister max said:

It's from them! They mentioned in an instalive that SC was a lot of fun to record especially the scream parts :ladyhaha:

Wait so this is them hearing the final product? I thought this was the first time hearing the song all along to collab?

Edit: they're mouthing the lyrics, nvm :bear:

I don't get if this is te demo or the final? 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Runway
3 hours ago, rasclautmangos said:

It still stinks that she didn't actually work with them on the song. 

What do you mean. They have never written a song so working with them was never an option :poot:

2 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

i just hate the fact that Gaga contradicted herself by making this very inauthentic collab.

Yuppp .. still one of my faves..

5 minutes ago, Runway said:

What do you mean. They have never written a song so working with them was never an option :poot:

Recording together 🥺

sillynate

Wait did Netflix ever release a statement about that movie with the little girls? Last time I saw their twitter they had been quiet for like a week 

Linus Gaga
4 minutes ago, sillynate said:

Wait did Netflix ever release a statement about that movie with the little girls? Last time I saw their twitter they had been quiet for like a week 

Hit me a message and say hi !

6 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

That makes sense and I would rather have this version be true. When they said first time I assumed it was their first time ever.

I think they meant first time in completion :) there’s no way they wouldn’t have heard parts as it came together since their names are on it and they’re under Interscope.

mister max
7 hours ago, Runway said:

They wrote a song on their last record thank u :zilla:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

blackpink

ahh my faves! not some people shading them when they’re part of the reason as to why sour candy is the most streamed album track :rip: 

Serial Chiller
11 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The fact that seemingly they just heard the song completely finished and they had no actualy input in it is a bit ..idk :bear:Maybe the intro was diferent.

Or you are onto something. :tony:

They don't even have input in their own music. :bear:

It's k-pop. Being your own boss is virtually unheard of for top groups. Although the girls are talented and adorable af, I want to see them do things that are actually THEM and not just repackaged teddy park.

bluemonkey
11 hours ago, Suuus said:

Maybe they were to busy to come to America or maybe blackpinks magement wanted it it this way

Both artists are from the same label, it’s nothing more deeper than just business. It’s purely just using another artist to promote their new artist. It happens all the time in the biz. And Gaga doesn’t care that much because she’s used to how the industry works, she used to write songs for popstars, so this is no different. It’s like “ hey Gaga love the new music but hey we have a Korean girl band we want to introduce to the American audience, do you have any songs you could possibly put them in?” 
I’m sure she’s like “fine whatever it’ll make it artsy fartsy with the korean language”

don’t get me wrong I love Sour Candy but I can also acknowledge that it’s one of the times where things are done not for creative reasons but just purely business. 

Archived