💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What did the original ARTPOP look like?

brooklyngypsy

Featured Posts

Chromatica Island

The Artrave was intended to be a darker theme, I know that for a fact, there was even concept sketches of it. I can't find them anywhere, I think Marina Abromovic was even involved in the concept.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise
21 minutes ago, reversewarhol said:

What is this :awkney:

the original ARTPOP cover was supposed to be inspired by this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbskLOcuulL1HotLqRpOr

gaga had this image hanging on her dressing room mirror backstage at BTWBall and gaga said ARTPOP coverart would be reinterpreted from that image

latest?cb=20120829142521

latest?cb=20121225211024

You're lucky if you don't know what that is and no I will not elaborate thank u :messga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

10 hours ago, Pop Music said:

where is Temple, Onion Girl, Tea, Sire, and Tinnitus? 

we need those bops on the "OG" ARTPOP too

I still sit here waiting like a clown for them to get leaked if they were ever recorded in some way 

Please stop it. None of us even ever heard the songs. 

Chromatican

The songs that were always going to be on ARTPOP were GUY, Aura (Burqa) and ARTPOP. All three were revealed super early on. The Azealia Banks collabs were also done early in the process, then later scrapped. I’m guessing JnD and Dope were somewhat last minute additions. I also remember Applause (The Applause) being a rumored song title for a long time. Other BMI registered titles were CRWTH (Clock Spins), Candy Art, Cold-Hearted Bitch and Jakhearta. Based on the Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe collab, I assume Partynauseous was also an early song. I think the album was intended to be more experimental and hip hop based originally. Maybe one day we will get Tea, Onion Girl and In Like With You?

Tinnitus15

Hey I don’t know much  about the act II..but can someone share why she didn’t release it..

i always thought that the original design of booklet definitely better than what we got...

2013101517482964833.jpg

and i wanna be with u better than dope :grr: brooklyn nights should be in album as well!

Stupid Oreo
15 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Like this:

ESsYC9OXkAE_Ek-?format=jpg&name=small

Not the ARTPOPCORN again :yennefer:

PropaGaga
5 hours ago, reversewarhol said:

What is this :awkney:

the original ARTPOP cover was supposed to be inspired by this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbskLOcuulL1HotLqRpOr

gaga had this image hanging on her dressing room mirror backstage at BTWBall and gaga said ARTPOP coverart would be reinterpreted from that image

latest?cb=20120829142521

latest?cb=20121225211024

It wasn’t meant to be directly inspired by this. Gaga said on LM that she liked the simplicity and mysteriousness of the image and said it was very ARTPOP. This idea of “simplicity” is something that would carry over into the promo shoot with Inez & Vinoodh and her original idea to have a uniformed look of a black unitard for the “Applause” era.

Sneaky Oliver
12 hours ago, Monsterabriel said:

The Artrave was intended to be a darker theme, I know that for a fact, there was even concept sketches of it. I can't find them anywhere, I think Marina Abromovic was even involved in the concept.

What? I have never heard about Marinas involvement for artrave. I wish Gaga would have explored their partnership a little more throughout the era. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

whoresup
On 10/13/2020 at 12:49 PM, PropaGaga said:

This idea of “simplicity” is something that would carry over into the promo shoot with Inez & Vinoodh

I’ve always found the imagery for this era to be very chaotic and has far too much going on. 

The album is definitely very colourful and vibrant and out-there but I find the cover art to have too much going on and it probably put lots of casual music fans off straight away. 

I wish there was a bit more simplicity. 

PropaGaga
17 hours ago, whoresup said:

I’ve always found the imagery for this era to be very chaotic and has far too much going on. 

The album is definitely very colourful and vibrant and out-there but I find the cover art to have too much going on and it probably put lots of casual music fans off straight away. 

I wish there was a bit more simplicity. 

The final product was different to what she was initially going for. The Jeff Koons thing was sort of last minute because I don’t think she believed he would actually work with her. Looking at the original “mask” promo image and the “Applause” uniform it’s pretty easy to see where she was at. she also said this:

"For ARTPOP, I, in the most metaphorical explanation, stood in front of a mirror and I took off the wig and I took off the makeup and I unzipped the outfit and I put a black cap on my head and I covered my body in a black catsuit and I looked in the mirror and I said: 'OK, now you need to show them you can be brilliant without that.' And that's what ARTPOP is all about. Because I knew that if I wanted to grow, if I really wanted to innovate from the inside, I had to do something that was almost impossible for me."

When things started to go bad, she admitted she reverted to more outlandish concepts and looks because it was what she knew best. But early ARTPOP was all about simplicity.

vyniildisk

i think it was meant to be all over the place but she tried her hardest to make it slightly more cohesive with the final version

imnotyourbabe10

After perusing this thread, we could have had NOBTR and BN on the same album?  Don't get me wrong, AP is lovely as is and is in my top three Gaga records but definitely some missed opportunities!

Archived