• Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Archduchess said:

People forget a lot of things...

250px-Kleopatra-VII.-Altes-Museum-Berlin

Why does the hair on this statue look so fleshy

gypsy101
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

4) Black Twitter hates Gaga so even though Gaga being of Italian Mediterranean descent (Italy, like Egypt, was too colonised by Greeks) she would still have been torn to shreds by black twitter

so if they hate her anyway why should that affect what she does with her career 

gypsy101
4 hours ago, Cybertronica said:

And when Cleopatra was queen, there weren't Muslims in Egypt.

is that because muslims did not exist at the time and wouldn’t for about 700 years?

Archduchess
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

a2a.jpg

Wdym 

Besides the nose... that I find extremely Gagaish... I meant that polemicizing around Cleopatra's skin color is the dumbest thing you can do in 2020, specially if we're talking about a movie.

blackpink

I like Gal but...hmm. interesting to see her and Patty on another project together outside of the dc universe. hopefully it goes well!

thehanyo

Clearly every studio that was part of the bidding war had their own ideal director/actress combo. Warner Bros was involved in the bidding war, and I can almost guarantee they were pushing Gaga as their Cleopatra if they won the war. But Paramount did, which is honestly the worst studio, so this is gonna be a massive stinker. :billie: A shame really, as it's SUCH an epic story.

Also, Gadot is pretty to look at, but she is the most wooden actress ever.

Lion Heart

Why would Gaga play her though.

Makes no sense.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

This role has so much potential but Gal ain’t it. Also...this is one of the few roles and chances an Arab actress could act a dynamic role instead of playing a terrorist or abused woman as those are the only roles Arab women are given. Yes Cleopatra was not Arab as Arab identity did not spread yet but modern Egyptians are the ancestors and successors of Ancient Egyptian history and Cleopatra is very much a symbol of pride for Arab women. 

It's not the same movie. Gaga was rumored to be cast in a biopic with Scott directing. This one is produced by Gadot and her Husband. They pitched the movie and it was bought by paramount. 

If I'm not wrong the rumour was based on the same movie that was for Angelina Jolie. 

freebit

Was only here for a Denis Villenueve-directed version (his epic projects flop, but he serves quality), so good for them. I wish them luck because we all knew this movie was going to be a hard sell at the box office, and sounded like it should have been released in like, 1998.

• Jase locked this topic

Archived