💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jeffree Star Had Covid

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Also this is exactly why we need a disagree button. Multiple pages of nonsense that have nothing to do with this thread has been dragged out while a simple “I disagree” button could’ve prevented all of this.

Don't we want to encourage discussion instead? I agree irrelevant to this thread, drags on etc. but I think the interactions are helpful/can help people understand better.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
25 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Oh no, I agree that everyone should strive to be a good person, public figure or not. 

I just think public figures should be held to varying degrees of standards. We can allow a rock star a degree of dangerous and provocative behavior that we wouldn’t allow a public servant.

We allow a rock star a degree of dangerous and provocative behavior depending on how they present their art. KISS is different from Elton John, even though they're both "rock stars." 

Also though, it doesn't really matter because the "dangerous and provocative behavior" that we may allow some public figures engage in don't include racism or glorifying self harm. 

🖤👹

Marilyn MonHoe
2 minutes ago, weed said:

Don't we want to encourage discussion instead? I agree irrelevant to this thread, drags on etc. but I think the interactions are helpful/can help people understand better.

We already have plenty of discussion. The reacts are there to be used, if I can like or love something without having to explain why then I should be able to disagree with someone with the same luxury.

Just now, M Monstre said:

We allow a rock star a degree of dangerous and provocative behavior depending on how they present their art. KISS is different from Elton John, even though they're both "rock stars." 

Also though, it doesn't really matter because the "dangerous and provocative behavior" that we may allow some public figures engage in don't include racism or glorifying self harm. 

Our culture has proved more then willing to forgive or ignore racism, violence, and even rape in certain public figures while ignoring it in others. So, I’m not sure your second point is true. :shrug:

Taylucifer

good, that's what you get when you are racist and continually try and blame others for your actions:fthis:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Marilyn MonHoe
7 minutes ago, SKANK said:

You quoted a post in which I call Jefree evil, while you are claiming that I’m offended by someone calling him evil.

That doesn’t really make any sense, does it?

I’m very surprised that someone, particularly on a Lady Gaga fan site, doesn’t know who Coco Chanel is. She was a highly influential artist, and nazi, who Gaga has praised. Which goes to my entire point: bad people can serve a function in our culture.

To quote yourself, “If you can’t handle people having disagreements with you then maybe you should get off of Internet forums.”

It makes sense when you then say: "Not all public figures have to be good people." If you weren't offended then you would have left that part out but you didn't.

And? Just because I am on GGD and a fan of Gaga doesn't mean I should know everything about her and the people she has interacted with. This point was meaningless and added nothing to our conversation.

You keep bringing that part up as if I haven't acknowledged it like three times now. Maybe it'll help if I bold it for you: Bad people have influence and have function in society. That is not what I have been talking about for 3 pages now, it's the fact that you brought that up after people called Jeffree evil, defending him. You can ignore that all you want and keep acting as if our point of contention was what was bolded up above but it wasn't.

At no point have I ever expressed not being able to handle our disagreement. That would be you since you quoted me first and began defending Jeffree with constant deflections and gas lighting attempts.

The dishonesty is overwhelming honestly.

Reality
3 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Our culture has proved more then willing to forgive or ignore racism, violence, and even rape in certain public figures while ignoring it in others. So, I’m not sure your second point is true. :shrug:

Like how people still stan Jeffree even though he's done some pretty abhorrent things :shrug: 

🖤👹

2 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

It makes sense when you then say: "Not all public figures have to be good people." If you weren't offended then you would have left that part out but you didn't.

And? Just because I am on GGD and a fan of Gaga doesn't mean I should know everything about her and the people she has interacted with. This point was meaningless and added nothing to our conversation.

You keep bringing that part up as if I haven't acknowledged it like three times now. Maybe it'll help if I bold it for you: Bad people have influence and have function in society. That is not what I have been talking about for 3 pages now, it's the fact that you brought that up after people called Jeffree evil, defending him. You can ignore that all you want and keep acting as if our point of contention was what was bolded up above but it wasn't.

At no point have I ever expressed not being able to handle our disagreement. That would be you since you quoted me first and began defending Jeffree with constant deflections and gas lighting attempts.

The dishonesty is overwhelming honestly.

I think there is just a communication issue here. 

I’m not defending Jefree. I have criticized him in every post I’ve made in this thread.

I’m defending the role problematic people can have in our culture.

Gaga understands that, which I tried to illustrate by quoting her comments about Coco Chanel. There are many other examples, I just thought that was most fitting since Coco was a literal nazi, and people are calling Jefree a nazi.

I’m sorry if I upset you. :hug:

1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Like how people still stan Jeffree even though he's done some pretty abhorrent things :shrug: 

Yup, or like someone stanning David Bowie even though it’s public knowledge he raped very young fans. :shrug:

Reality

Yup, or like someone stanning David Bowie even though it’s public knowledge he raped very young fans. :shrug:

I didn't know that.

I've never stanned Bowie before though, but that's certainly something that people need to consider before deciding to stan someone like him.

Same thing with any and every other celebrity though.

🖤👹

AndrewGr

Covid sweetie I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Sending you love and prayers :heart:

Marilyn MonHoe
19 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I think there is just a communication issue here. 

I’m not defending Jefree. I have criticized him in every post I’ve made in this thread.

I’m defending the role problematic people can have in our culture.

Gaga understands that, which I tried to illustrate by quoting her comments about Coco Chanel. There are many other examples, I just thought that was most fitting since Coco was a literal nazi, and people are calling Jefree a nazi.

I’m sorry if I upset you. 

That's not true. You defended him, then started back tracking when you saw other peoples comments. Then you go on to say "I just think public figures should be held to varying degrees of standards. We can allow a rock star a degree of dangerous and provocative behavior that we wouldn’t allow a public servant."

As if people should give Jeffree a break for his evil past. Yeah that's not gonna happen.

For the fifth time that point is not where our contention lies but it looks like you're determined to keep ignoring it.

You would have to prove that Gaga knew that Coco was a literal Nazi, disregarded that fact, said that "Well not everybody has to be a good person" and decided to work with her anyway. Until then what you are bringing up is nothing but speculation on your part.

There's nothing to be sorry for even though you are being disingenuous. If there was anybody upset here it would have been you as you previously said "I was under the impression that this was a respectful exchange of ideas, but if you feel differently, you're welcome to pop me on the list of users you ignore." I never called you dumb, stupid, worthless etc... not once have I lashed out at you but you still took offense anyway.

6 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

That's not true. You defended him, then started back tracking when you saw other peoples comments. Then you go on to say "I just think public figures should be held to varying degrees of standards. We can allow a rock star a degree of dangerous and provocative behavior that we wouldn’t allow a public servant."

As if people should give Jeffree a break for his evil past. Yeah that's not gonna happen.

For the fifth time that point is not where our contention lies but it looks like you're determined to keep ignoring it.

You would have to prove that Gaga knew that Coco was a literal Nazi, disregarded that fact, said that "Well not everybody has to be a good person" and decided to work with her anyway. Until then what you are bringing up is nothing but speculation on your part.

There's nothing to be sorry for even though you are being disingenuous. If there was anybody upset here it would have been you as you previously said "I was under the impression that this was a respectful exchange of ideas, but if you feel differently, you're welcome to pop me on the list of users you ignore." I never called you dumb, stupid, worthless etc... not once have I lashed out at you but you still took offense anyway.

Glance back at my posts in this thread, you’ll see my first post calls Jefree evil. I was being hyperbolic, but not disingenuous. I never defended his actions, or said anyone should give him a break. 

Perhaps you misinterpreted my posts. 

I think problematic figures, like Jefree, can have a space in our culture, as long as we are honest about why they are “bad.” 

Marilyn MonHoe
2 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Glance back at my posts in this thread, you’ll see my first post calls Jefree evil. I was being hyperbolic, but not disingenuous. I never defended his actions, or said anyone should give him a break. 

Perhaps you misinterpreted my posts. 

I think problematic figures, like Jefree, can have a space in our culture, as long as we are honest about why they are “bad.” 

Yes you called him evil and then said "Not everyone has to be good." You defended him. Then brought up the rock stars point to tie into your main point. Move on, I misinterpreted nothing.

It doesn't matter what people want. Evil people will always have space in our culture. People getting cancelled means nothing.

Having said that people are always going to want to cancel people that are evil racists. Even with people like you defending them.

1 minute ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Yes you called him evil and then said "Not everyone has to be good." You defended him. Then brought up the rock stars point to tie into your main point. Move on, I misinterpreted nothing.

It doesn't matter what people want. Evil people will always have space in our culture. People getting cancelled means nothing.

Having said that people are always going to want to cancel people that are evil racists. Even with people like you defending them.

I used every post in this thread to reiterate that he is a bad person.

:vegas:

Marilyn MonHoe

I used every post in this thread to reiterate that he is a bad person.

"Jeffree bad"

"But not everyone has to be good"

Archived