Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jeffree Star Had Covid

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Aphrodizy26
7 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

wait I didn't know that, what the- :saladga:

Yes. It was for his original makeup brand called “Lipstick Nazi,” so there.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

46 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

You said that you liked him because he’s an “ambassador to glamour”. How is that not idolizing?

It’s clear you didn’t like it which is why you made your original comment in the first place. You like the way Jeffree looks, didn’t like that people called him evil, then said that  “not everyone has to be a good person.” You can try to spin and deflect all you like but that is obviously what happened.

Yes they should be able to exist in our culture so that you can idolize evil people and not feel bad about it. We’ve been through this already.

Once again I’ll take your word for it.

Nobody is going off on Gaga for her relationship with Coco, so you’re arguing with yourself there. You’re the one who brought it up in the first place as a deflection to your argument. 

It’s ok to be mad on the internet over someone else’s opinions but at some point you should be able to realize when the conversation has run its course. It’s obvious that we are not going to agree, I don’t even know why you quoted me in the first place.

9fdd471ca6a8f0083e5aa72ee5c6abeb--lady-g

I brought up Coco because she is an evil figure in the beauty industry who Gaga has publicly gushed over. I thought that comparison would help you understand my point, that not all public figures who hold value have to be good people.

I was under the impression that this was a respectful exchange of ideas, but if you feel differently, you're welcome to pop me on the list of users you ignore. :shrug:

36 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Their personalities are not in the public eye, and haven't been for a long time - Jeffree's is, so again the comparison is disingenuous...

And no, you can't enjoy the 'dirty little place' without being complicit in supporting whatever bigotry comes out of it - for one that's not what it amounts to in practice, case in point you have spend a good portion of the thread defending Jeffree  - even tho you insist it's not what you're doing, it is... Whether you're ok with that trade-off is up to you, it very much a trade-off tho...

Some people, Gaga included, can appreciate the role certain problematic figures in our culture play, without being complicit in whatever is problematic about their character.

For example, being honored to collaborate with Lagerfeld doesn't mean Gaga is complicit with Lagerfeld's nastiness toward Syrian refugees.

You are absolutely right that Jeffree has a larger presence in our culture then Waters or Lagerfeld. So, in that way, the comparison falls short. You are also right about there being a trade off defending him. I don't care enough about Jeffree to have wasted this much time talking about him, and probably wont do it again. lmao

Loath him, love him, or fall somewhere in between - he is certainly an interesting queer character.

7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Why does this have a lot of likes? :triggered: 

Public figures should strive to be good people. Of course not all of them are going to be good, but why willingly stan someone who's as bad as Jeffree? 

His androgyny, sure, I guess brings more of a spotlight to more androgynous people, but that's a really low bar to set if y'all are gonna just excuse someone's behavior for the sake of making the LGBTQ community look good. The saying "all press is good press" isn't necessarily true.

No one is more surprised then me that it has likes. :toofunny:

Personally, I think that we should not hold all public figures to the same standard. The pedestal we put a politician on should be very different then the pedestal we put a make up guru on.

But, I think that's an idea most people may disagree with.

4 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I brought up Coco because she is an evil figure in the beauty industry who Gaga has publicly gushed over. I thought that comparison would help you understand my point, that not all public figures who hold value have to be good people.

I was under the impression that this was a respectful exchange of ideas, but if you feel differently, you're welcome to pop me on the list of users you ignore. :shrug:

Some people, Gaga included, can appreciate the role certain problematic figures in our culture play, without being complicit in whatever is problematic about their character.

For example, being honored to collaborate with Lagerfeld doesn't mean Gaga is complicit with Lagerfeld's nastiness toward Syrian refugees.

You are absolutely right that Jeffree has a larger presence in our culture then Waters or Lagerfeld. So, in that way, the comparison falls short. You are also right about there being a trade off being a bit too much. I don't care enough about Jeffree to have wasted this much time talking about him. lmao

Loath him, love him, or fall somewhere in between - he is certainly an interesting queer character.

Personally, I think that we should not hold all public figures to the same standard. The pedestal we put a politician on should be very different then the pedestal we put a make up guru on.

Exactly this you can seperate the art from the artist

Reality
6 minutes ago, SKANK said:

It's not necessarily about that though. People should strive to be good people no matter what, desn't matter their socioeconomic status. Obviously we can hold people to different standards, but people should just try and be good no matter what.

People shouldn't give others passes just because they're make-up gurus or something. He has a large fanbase, and a lot of them are impressionable youth. Actually, in some circumstances, we should hold him more accountable for his actions. 

Honestly the fact that you said, "Not all public figures have to be good people." is concerning. 

🖤👹

28 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It's not necessarily about that though. People should strive to be good people no matter what, desn't matter their socioeconomic status. Obviously we can hold people to different standards, but people should just try and be good no matter what.

People shouldn't give others passes just because they're make-up gurus or something. He has a large fanbase, and a lot of them are impressionable youth. Actually, in some circumstances, we should hold him more accountable for his actions. 

Honestly the fact that you said, "Not all public figures have to be good people." is concerning. 

I agree with everything you said, until the last paragraph.

I don’t know what to tell you other then every public figure you like, living or dead, isn’t nearly as good of a person as their PR would have you believe.

Reality
1 minute ago, SKANK said:

I agree with everything you said, until the last paragraph.

I don’t know what to tell you other then every public figure you like, living or dead, isn’t nearly as good of a person as their PR would have you believe.

I'm not saying that every public figure is good.

I'm saying every public figure (and every person in general) should strive to be good.

When you say, "Not all public figures have to be good people," that sounds like you're saying that not all public figures have to strive to be good people. 

🖤👹

Ricardo

Jeffree has a massive and desadaptative personality disorder, why people is still expecting him to change? :toofunny: Best you can do is ignoring him, he will keep doing his messy sht till the day he dies or social media disappears   

10 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'm saying every public figure (and every person in general) should strive to be good.

When you say, "Not all public figures have to be good people," that sounds like you're saying that not all public figures have to strive to be good people. 

Oh no, I agree that everyone should strive to be a good person, public figure or not. 

I just think public figures should be held to varying degrees of standards. We can allow a rock star a degree of dangerous and provocative behavior that we wouldn’t allow a public servant.

Marilyn MonHoe
56 minutes ago, SKANK said:

You are absolutely right that Jeffree has a larger presence in our culture then Waters or Lagerfeld. So, in that way, the comparison falls short. You are also right about there being a trade off defending him. I don't care enough about Jeffree to have wasted this much time talking about him, and probably wont do it again. lmao

You clearly aren’t understanding what I’m saying when I say “I’ll take your word for it”. I’m acknowledging the thing that you’re saying is a fact as I have never even heard of Coco.

I understand your point completely and not once did I contest it. It’s the fact that you are bringing that up as a result of people calling Jeffree evil. You’re acting as if you brought up your point in a vacuum where there was no prior impetus for what you said. There was an impetus, it was people calling Jeffree evil. You’re defending him, I don’t understand why you have to be so dishonest about it.

You idolize evil people by your own admission and can’t handle people calling them evil so you say “I like that our generation has an androgynous, evil, ambassador to glamour. Not all public figures have to be good people.” 

And I don’t have anyone on my ignore list. If you can’t handle people having disagreements with you then maybe you should get off of Internet forums.

Marilyn MonHoe
27 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

When you say, "Not all public figures have to be good people," that sounds like you're saying that not all public figures have to strive to be good people

That is exactly what they mean. It’s an excuse for them to idolize people like Jeffree so that they don’t have to feel bad about it. He brought this point up after people started calling Jeffree out.

”We shouldn’t criticize rock stars for being rock stars.” Jeffree isn’t a rock star, he makes makeup and he’s a racist. Now they’re trying to defend Jeffree’s racism as “Welp it is what it is.” Disgusting.

Marilyn MonHoe

Also this is exactly why we need a disagree button. Multiple pages of nonsense that have nothing to do with this thread has been dragged out while a simple “I disagree” button could’ve prevented all of this.

2 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

You clearly aren’t understanding what I’m saying when I say “I’ll take your word for it”. I’m acknowledging the thing that you’re saying is a fact as I have never even heard of Coco.

I understand your point completely and not once did I contest it. It’s the fact that you are bringing that up as a result of people calling Jeffree evil. You’re acting as if you brought up your point in a vacuum where there was no prior impetus for what you said. There was an impetus, it was people calling Jeffree evil. You’re defending him, I don’t understand why you have to be so dishonest about it.

You idolize evil people by your own admission and can’t handle people calling them evil so you say “I like that our generation has an androgynous, evil, ambassador to glamour. Not all public figures have to be good people.” 

And I don’t have anyone on my ignore list. If you can’t handle people having disagreements with you then maybe you should get off of Internet forums.

You quoted a post in which I call Jefree evil, while you are claiming that I’m offended by someone calling him evil.

That doesn’t really make any sense, does it?

I’m very surprised that someone, particularly on a Lady Gaga fan site, doesn’t know who Coco Chanel is. She was a highly influential artist, and nazi, who Gaga has praised. Which goes to my entire point: bad people can serve a function in our culture.

4 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Also this is exactly why we need a disagree button. Multiple pages of nonsense that have nothing to do with this thread has been dragged out while a simple “I disagree” button could’ve prevented all of this.

To quote yourself, “If you can’t handle people having disagreements with you then maybe you should get off of Internet forums.”

Archived