Jeffree Star Had Covid

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CautiousLurker
37 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

I'm simply taking SKANK at his word Karl Langerfield did a photoshoot with Gaga. He was a racist and sexist man who stirred up a lot of controversy when he was alive.

The difference is that while Gaga was ignorant in doing a shoot with him, she wouldn't turn around and say "Welp yeah he was evil, but he was a role model to glamour! Not everybody has to be a good person." :rip:

I just want to add to this that Karl Lagerfield is dead and John Waters no longer has clout in modern culture, so comparing them to Jeffree and saying if those people were allowed to exist in our culture, Jeffree should too is very disingenuous - Jeffree is current, he's very overtly present in modern culture and knows how to navigate it and access people... One doesn't have to post an addendum citing every famous bigot from the past every time they criticize Jeffree...

Also, there are better role models who do what he does - there's no need to make space for him...

papergangster
19 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

And this all happened after he was 100% tone deaf about his sexual assault allegations, defamation issues, and BLM issues. 
White ignorance

True, true I agree 

3 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I just want to add to this that Karl Lagerfield is dead and John Waters no longer has clout in modern culture, so comparing them to Jeffree and saying if those people were allowed to exist in our culture, Jeffree should too is very disingenuous - Jeffree is current, he's very overtly present in modern culture and knows how to navigate it and access people... One doesn't have to post an addendum citing every famous bigot from the past every time they criticize Jeffree...

Also, there are better role models who do what he does - there's no need to make space for him...

Karl Lagerfeld only recently passed, and was certainly beloved right up to his death, by Gaga and other rational empathetic folks, in spite of being a deeply problematic man.

John Waters just became a YSL spokesmodel, and his recent books are all more commercially successful then his films, films which are currently being re-released by the Criterion Collection. I’d argue he has considerable clout in Queer and art circles. 

But again, I said they shouldn’t be considered role models.

I just think you can enjoy the dirty little place they occupy in our culture without being complicit in supporting their problematic behavior.

itsmebuddy

I can’t believe some people actually feel bad/are defending him here...disgusting

totally stream "bedroom floor" by it's me, buddy :D

Marilyn MonHoe
40 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I didn’t speak about idiolizing, in fact, I said we should not treat them as role models.

I’m not sure why you think I didn’t like people calling him evil, when I am the one who called him evil, multiple times.

I said they should be able to exist in our culture, which is an idea people clearly disagree with.

As for Gaga being shot by Lagerfeld in Coco’s personal apartment, you don’t have to take my word for it. It was for the cover of The Hollywood Reporter during the A Star Is Born era. In the interview she gushed about Karl and Coco, a literal nazi.

“Being on Coco's couch and having champagne in her apartment — it should always be a moment that we remember.”  

Edit: Just to clarify, this is not a critism of Gaga. I have no problem with what she said here. It just should be something fans consider before “going off.”

You said that you liked him because he’s an “ambassador to glamour”. How is that not idolizing?

It’s clear you didn’t like it which is why you made your original comment in the first place. You like the way Jeffree looks, didn’t like that people called him evil, then said that  “not everyone has to be a good person.” You can try to spin and deflect all you like but that is obviously what happened.

Yes they should be able to exist in our culture so that you can idolize evil people and not feel bad about it. We’ve been through this already.

Once again I’ll take your word for it.

Nobody is going off on Gaga for her relationship with Coco, so you’re arguing with yourself there. You’re the one who brought it up in the first place as a deflection to your argument. 

It’s ok to be mad on the internet over someone else’s opinions but at some point you should be able to realize when the conversation has run its course. It’s obvious that we are not going to agree, I don’t even know why you quoted me in the first place.

Pennywise
1 hour ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Gaga’s not slitting her wrists

I'm not going to defend ANYTHING Jeffree Star does whatsoever but can y'all attack him about racism OR LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE rather than self-harm pls? He does many questionable things, just pick one of them instead of mental health issues. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Justin Drew Bieber

At least I can add more pro-racism members to my ignore list now. 👓

OT: Not surprised, he doesn’t seem like the cautious type.

CautiousLurker
31 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Karl Lagerfeld only recently passed, and was certainly beloved right up to his death, by Gaga and other rational empathetic folks, in spite of being a deeply problematic man.

John Waters just became a YSL spokesmodel, and his recent books are all more commercially successful then his films, films which are currently being re-released by the Criterion Collection. I’d argue he has considerable clout in Queer and art circles. 

But again, I said they shouldn’t be considered role models.

I just think you can enjoy the dirty little place they occupy in our culture without being complicit in supporting their problematic behavior.

Their personalities are not in the public eye, and haven't been for a long time - Jeffree's is, so again the comparison is disingenuous...

And no, you can't enjoy the 'dirty little place' without being complicit in supporting whatever bigotry comes out of it - for one that's not what it amounts to in practice, case in point you have spend a good portion of the thread defending Jeffree  - even tho you insist it's not what you're doing, it is... Whether you're ok with that trade-off is up to you, it very much is a trade-off tho...

Aphrodizy26
25 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I'm not going to defend ANYTHING Jeffree Star does whatsoever but can y'all attack him about racism OR LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE rather than self-harm pls? He does many questionable things, just pick one of them instead of mental health issues. 

He glorified it girl. That’s the issue. Not that he slit his wrists. He did. Photoshoot with razor blades and blood from his wrists. 

Pennywise
Just now, Aphrodizy26 said:

He glorified it girl. That’s the issue. Not that he slit his wrists. He did. Photoshoot with razor blades and blood from his wrists. 

wait I didn't know that, what the- :saladga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Reality
3 hours ago, SKANK said:

I don’t pay much attention to Jefree Star, but I like that our generation has an androgynous, evil, ambassador to glamour.

Not all public figures have to be good people. 

Why does this have a lot of likes? :triggered: 

Public figures should strive to be good people. Of course not all of them are going to be good, but why willingly stan someone who's as bad as Jeffree? 

His androgyny, sure, I guess brings more of a spotlight to more androgynous people, but that's a really low bar to set if y'all are gonna just excuse someone's behavior for the sake of making the LGBTQ community look good. The saying "all press is good press" isn't necessarily true.

🖤👹

Archived