💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna under fire for using a Hadith on Savage X Fenty

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

It looks like they thought this is an absolute tune, let's use it :poot: I'd just think if people are handling something incredibly sensitive like this, they'd be smarter about it. Especially a million dollar industry. :awkney:

I think if they knew what it was then they would have considered. It is a multi million dollar industry but also its music. They’re probably only thinking about getting it cleared for use, especially considering it’s in a different language and just sounds like something that’s been chopped and remixed. I do understand the outrage from Islamic folk as it’s something that’s obviously important to them and their religion which we all know they take very seriously.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Triggered. And no, never even commented that. You’re talking to a person whose originally from an Arab country, and there’s several of us on here. We’ve voiced our opinion about how religion can be critiqued and used artistically. No one asked you to jump and be the defense attorney here on behalf of anybody. This outrage culture is so toxic. 

I know you’re triggered, that’s why you’re the first one to jump in these threads to mock and talk for other people. Whether is BLM or any topic of racism, you’re crying about “cancel culture”.  Whatever your background is, your posts are mostly right leaning bs so that’s why you think this has anything to do with “cancel culture”, since none of us actually canceled her. People are rightly disappointed and you’re no one to tell them they shouldn’t be. Second, Arabs don’t own Islamic religion, if you’d read you’d notice even NOT all members with Arabic backgrounds agreed in this thread. There’s no unanimous opinion. And lastly, I didn’t jump in to defend anyone, I’m Muslim by myself, so just stop talking for me. /now back to the list 

FreePalestine

ALGAYDO
13 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Islamic people are way too sensitive anyways.

Did you seriously just type this out? 

13 minutes ago, Hurem said:

like, imagine saying this about any other minority on this forum. 

FreePalestine

We get it. Some of y’all are edgy and don’t believe in religion but let’s show some respect for those who do. Rihanna probably didn’t know the significance of the song’s content which is understandable imo, but the Muslims also have a right to feel however they feel about her use of the song as it’s their religion/beliefs. 

Hurem
4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Sure did!

4 minutes ago, lego said:

like, imagine saying this about any other minority on this forum. 

I think people are oversensitive in general, nowadays. Everybody’s just looking for a reason to get offended.

But Islamic people have always been doing too much whenever someone mentioned Allah or tried to criticize their religion. Let’s not pretend this isn’t true. :rip: 

Guest Adarsh
5 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I suggest you ignore that user and save your time. They have nothing valuable to offer. I’ve learnt it the hard way :bear:

21 minutes ago, Hurem said:

That’s some next level insensitive, ignorant shite mate. :toofunny:

Hurem
1 minute ago, SLAG said:

That’s some next level insensitive, ignorant shite mate. :toofunny:

It’s true though. We have an example in this thread. :shrug:

JustHMLover2
1 hour ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Gaga and Madonna are both Christian and grew up in that context. They both have used their art to criticize and explore aspects of their own religious beliefs, which is totally fine because it is their own. They get to use how they experience their religion in their art. 

Rihanna is not Muslim, so this feels very different. I doubt it was meant to offend or even make a statement, but it is, at best, tone-deaf. And if she was trying to make a political statement, this was not the way to do it; it is not her lane. 

It is not her lane to support women rights, no matter the religion? Hmmm

2 minutes ago, mauvais said:

The audio is so distorted I wouldn't be surprised if Rihanna and/or her music supervisor had no clue but the way they unveil the model at the end of this clip is honestly suspicious. 

yeah I couldn’t get anything from that audio 

FreePalestine

RenegAde
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I mean, religious symbolism has always been in art. People of those religions are always gonna be offended by it. I obviously see why muslims find it offensive. Music is haram for them already, so to remix a hadith and then use it for a lingerie show? They're definitely gonna find it very disrespectful. 

What i find confusing is non muslims being offended by this..? Like this is not a human rights issue, it's a purely religious issue, and there's no reason to be angry at this if you are not muslim yourself. If you believe religious verses are glorified fanfiction that people decide to follow, why would you care if someone used those verses for art? It all really smells like posturing and virtue signaling on the parts of everyone who has no problem with christianity being used for art but not this.

Exaclty, i see why Muslims would find this offensive and i dont blame them.

Also bashing Christianity is generally accepted on this site but when it comes to islam  that is hardly the case. The posturing is real in these streets 

38 minutes ago, Hurem said:

It’s true though. We have an example in this thread. :shrug:

Can I say the same for Non Binary people wishing to use specific pronouns? Or trans people that want to be considered a different sex? Or black folk like myself who really don’t like being called the N word. For some people their religion is a big part of their identity and that should be respected! We all know that it’s a sensitive subject. But it’s wrong to generalize and say “Islamic people are too sensitive” is ridiculous.

31 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I mean, it can probably be very offensive to some islamic people but most people really don’t care and that’s why she won’t be canceled :oops:

This tbh

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived