opinion

Favorite Mariah Carey decade

Davian

Favorite Mariah Carey decade?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Mariah Carey decade?

Featured Posts

Davian

In less than 24 hours Mariah’s latest project The Rarities will be out all over the world! The new album is filled with rare and previously unreleased songs from throughout her several decade spanning career!

That got me thinking: what is your favorite decade of Mariah Carey music?:flower: The 90s, 00s or 10s? and why?

- 90s: Mariah Carey, Emotions, MTV Unplugged, Music Box, Merry Christmas, Daydream, Butterfly, Rainbow

0-FF19-AB6-431-D-4-C68-A5-E3-A2-FC08197-

- 00s: Glitter, Charmbracelet, The Remixes, The Emancipation of Mimi, E=MC2, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

349-A61-ED-485-F-4-F78-AA6-A-A3-FD1846-E

- 10s: Merry Christmas 2 You, Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse, #1 to Infinity, Caution

67-EFE57-D-C975-44-B7-8-F8-F-2-F4-D43650

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

DirrtyPony

90’s Mariah :firega:

I still love her 00’s work, but the 90’s albums just hit a little harder by feeling more personal. Her early vocals were top notch, especially when she started having a little more fun with R&B influence. Music Box, Daydream, Butterfly and Rainbow are perfection from start to finish.

From 00’s, Charmbracelet and Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel hold a special place to me.

10’s is cute but not near as impactful as her earlier work.

Strung out for another taste

NFRatwell

From 8 to 6 to 4 albums... y’all only get one more this decade after this :bear: anyway I’m here for 90s Mariah, so many iconic moments and records

SlaeUrAnus

90's Mariah.

Gave us some of her best songs, best albums and best performances. Music Box is one of my favourite albums!

In my messy era.

Blown Away

90's Mariah. It had Butterfly, which alones makes it the best decade, Emotions and her debut... We have no choice but to stan!

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Davian

For me it's actually very hard because each decade has a least two faves and one least favourite project:air:

90s: has Daydream and Butterfly which are top tier, but Music Box and Rainbow drag it down a lot...

00s: Charmbracelet and Memoirs are high up there too but Glitter and E=MC2 are two of my least faves

10s: MIAM and Caution are both amazing and underrated (yes I said it) but those are pretty much the only albums, since the others are a greatest hits and a Christmas album:bear:

But I think I gotta go with the 00s for versatility, with the 90s as close second. The 10s is only last because it only has two albums.

Pop Music

00's 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Davian
5 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

From 8 to 6 to 4 albums... y’all only get one more this decade after this :bear:

Yea making the collages was very confronting:bear: At least she is starting off this decade with a new album already:giveup:

Arcanum

Her first two albums are criminally underrated IMHO. Post-00s Mariah with the exception of 05-08 eras, is like there is another artist, that I don't care about at all. Hope she does well tho.

EDIT: where's the iconic #1's album?

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Archived