💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you pop a 911?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

I really resonate with 911 as someone who takes prescribed anti-anxiety medication daily. Without it, I have panic attacks regularly and have fallen into deep spells of depression many times in the past. So when Gaga made this song, a song that describes what it's like to need this lifeline for mental stability, it really spoke to me. It’s not just some party song about popping pills to feel good, but rather it’s removing this stigma that surrounds getting necessary help and having a candid conversation about it. It’s ok to not be ok. And she does it in such a poetic way too. I think it has some of the best lyrics on the album.

So really, I think this post is a big thank you to Gaga for making a song describing mental health and I hope that others resonate with it as well. Further, if anybody ever needs to talk about mental health struggles, I’m always happy to talk. :heart:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

lavenderblondee

This is such a sweet thread. You're a kind one :runhug:

This is what I love about Gaga. She makes songs that people NEED to hear...although they are sad, they are therapeutic. 

Healed My Heart

Agreed 100%! You described it beautifully. I love that, on the surface, it's a pop song that could seem like it's just about partying but is actually so much deeper, more serious, and an important conversation.

I am on several long-term mental health medications and also use fast-acting prescription "911s" for anxiety attacks. When I am feeling super anxious and overwhelmed, I often take a pill and listen to this song and it honestly makes me feel so much better. All of Chromatica has made me feel so SEEN. 

We stan a mental health advocacy queen.

She/her 💗💜💙

I am. I'm taking Buspirone and Hydroxyzine every day to help with my GAD and with my sleepiness. Every day I listen to 911 to remind myself that It’s ok to not be ok and that everything will be alright.

This album is one of my favorite albums ever. The message that Gaga has in Chromatica points everything that I deal with in life and makes me feel that I'm not alone. 

joannesrats

I haven't taken antipsychotics, but I have been on multiple antidepressants and now I'm on medication for my ADHD. It's a song that has slowly started to resonate with me more

MonsterPug
2 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

I haven't taken antipsychotics, but I have been on multiple antidepressants and now I'm on medication for my ADHD. It's a song that has slowly started to resonate with me more

I was just diagnosed as an adult with ADD 😭 have you noticed a significant difference with the medication ? 

Glamourpuss

Yes. I was doing so well but my mental health took a hit recently. It doesn't help that Coronavirus is back on the rise in the UK and we have stricter rules in place. 

Madame Goo Goo

One time I ate an entire cantaloupe before bed, not knowing that cantaloupe can give you headaches. I woke up with a migraine, drove to work, and crashed my car on my way to work because of the migraine. My biggest enemy is me because I ate the cantaloupe and drove to work with the migraine, popped a 911 AKA some Excedrin

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

sarcamstic

yes! 300 mg of wellbutrin split into two doses a day for anxiety and depression. (and adderall for adhd.) without my antidepressants my anxiety is horrible and i have severe meltdowns at times. 911 has made me feel so much more comfortable with the subject. :kiss:

flying like 1000 birds

joannesrats
3 hours ago, MonsterPug said:

I was just diagnosed as an adult with ADD 😭 have you noticed a significant difference with the medication ? 

It’s hard to tell so far. Im taking adderall and i can’t really compare because im in such a different environment from when i noticed my attention problems. I’m not a college student in classes anymore, im working from home in an environment full of distractions. It has helped me a lot with just doing things and not waiting around for hours avoiding a simple task, though! The executive function and starting tasks was the hardest thing for me to do. 

Good luck with your treatment journey! Please send me a PM if you ever have questions or want to talk about it. I got diagnosed after i graduated college - after nearly two decades of struggling in school. 

joannesrats
2 hours ago, sarcamstic said:

yes! 300 mg of wellbutrin split into two doses a day for anxiety and depression. (and adderall for adhd.) without my antidepressants my anxiety is horrible and i have severe meltdowns at times. 911 has made me feel so much more comfortable with the subject. :kiss:

my doctor wouldn’t let me stay on wellbutrin when she prescribed me adderall :saladga: 

HeavyMetalLover10
3 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

I really resonate with 911 as someone who takes prescribed anti-anxiety medication daily. Without it, I have panic attacks regularly and have fallen into deep spells of depression many times in the past. So when Gaga made this song, a song that describes what it's like to need this lifeline for mental stability, it really spoke to me. It’s not just some party song about popping pills to feel good, but rather it’s removing this stigma that surrounds getting necessary help and having a candid conversation about it. It’s ok to not be ok. And she does it in such a poetic way too. I think it has some of the best lyrics on the album.

So really, I think this post is a big thank you to Gaga for making a song describing mental health and I hope that others resonate with it as well. Further, if anybody ever needs to talk about mental health struggles, I’m always happy to talk. :heart:

i used to take Antipsychotic medication, antidepressants/anxiety meds. they rarely worked at all. im trying to find a psychiatrist so i can go back on meds/get new prescriptions.

The Z

I never had the strengh to tell anyone I had psychotic breaks until yesterday. It's like, there's no way to know what real and what's not, even when you're not panicking at all. 

So no, I never took any medication for it

Archived