Gaga IG: šŸ”„ Feel The HEAT SPELLšŸ”„

JoanneARTPOP

Featured Posts

Enigma
2 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Are you telling me this packaging:

i-027807-naked-heat-eyeshadow-palette-7-

Doesn't look cheap?

Tacky? Absolutely. Cheap? No. It's literally metal and has 3D writings. It's an heavy palette too, nothing like this plastic and cardboard stuff by Haus Labs. The interior has a mirror, a sturdy plastic structure, a brush, etc.

Urban Decay achieved looking and feeling expensive. Haus Labs IS cheap packaging, and LOOKS cheap too. Going with minimalism was a terrible decision in all regards. Lowkey aesthetics work good on luxurious packaging (ex : Tatcha, ABH). Lowkey aesthetics on cheap cardboard packaging just screams dollar store.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudz Xinc
59 minutes ago, JoanneARTPOP said:

EjQUTeMUcAAfvLs?format=jpg&name=medium

I love this hair, looks like she just woke up from a nap. :billie:

Look at those clowns

WORLDofGAGA

Itā€™s giving me the Eli shoot vibes, the one where we were counting downĀ :lmao::toofunny:

@W0RLDofGAGA

Where is LG7
2 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

I love this hair, looks like she just woke up from a nap. :billie:

thisĀ 

DLKsTyQV4AAzDZM?format=jpg&name=medium

or this kind of nap

CEw07A8WYAA8RIm.png

Ā 

Teletubby
1 hour ago, JoanneARTPOP said:

EjQU7tQUcAApIam?format=jpg&name=small

Ā 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

G U C C I

Ā 

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Tacky? Absolutely. Cheap? No. It's literally metal and has 3D writings. It's an heavy palette too, nothing like this plastic and cardboard stuff by Haus Labs. The interior has a mirror, a sturdy plastic structure, a brush, etc.

Urban Decay achieved looking and feeling expensive. Haus Labs IS cheap packaging, and LOOKS cheap too. Going with minimalism was a terrible decision in all regards. Lowkey aesthetics work good on luxurious packaging (ex : Tatcha, ABH). Lowkey aesthetics on cheap cardboard packaging just screams dollar store.

I have to agree. I have purchased almost everything from Haus Labs and it doesn't compare with other luxury brands in quality of product or packaging. The price point being the same as this Urban Decay palette but with cardboard packaging instead of metal and the added brush is not the quality I was expecting from her brand. In fact while I wasn't expecting her products to be out of this world, just really good quality, I was expecting her packaging to be iconic!

I think we all have to remember this is a legitimate start up company so I think she will grow this into an amazing brand and eventually blow people away with it!

Enigma
31 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

IĀ have to agree. I have purchased almost everything from Haus Labs and it doesn't compare with other luxury brands in quality of product or packaging. The price point being the same as this Urban Decay palette but with cardboard packaging instead of metal and the added brush is not the quality I was expecting from her brand. In fact while I wasn't expecting her products to be out of this world, just really good quality, I was expecting her packaging to be iconic!

I think we all have to remember this is a legitimate start up company so I think she will grow this into an amazing brand and eventually blow people away with it!

The biggest issue with this brand is the complete lack of artistic vision, and that can't be blamed on it being a "start up" since it basically costs nothing to make good artistic decisions tho, and even then the start up argument makes little sense when the founder is a millionaire.

The brand logo? Blandest logo in the history of logos. Arial-ish in white on solid black. Yikes.

The packaging? The same Arial aesthetic, nearly everything is solid black, no special shape. Lifeless. And cheap too : it's always cardboard or cheap plastic.

The products? Generic colour story, we had to complain for a year for edgy colours to be added by the drop. Weird choices of names, whether it be for the palettes, glam attacks, eyeshadow shades... that's a lesser issue, but the shade names of a palette usually convey its vision, whereas here they're random words or song names. Perpetuates the "cheap celebrity side-gig" vibe of it all. And "Glam Room Number 1" is the best they could have found for their 1st palette launch?! At this point just rename it "No Name Cosmetics"Ā :ladyhaha:

The ads? Mostly basic. The most interesting they got was at launch, with the Babylon instrumental ads, but even then it was very "calling ourselves avant-garde despite there being very little innovation". Since then the ads have just been plain Jane. Look at the new one : it's her looking pretty, gorgeous even, but that's it.

The brand vision is so muddy... It's always that weird "be kind" thing which has absolutely nothing to do with makeup, and it seems like the whole thing's goal is messy makeup... Which looked acceptable when Kesha did it, but here it's just Sarah showing very little skill and Gaga doing her makeup herself and ending up with a muddy mess on her eyes most times than not.

Sorry for being so harsh but I think this brand is clownery, and I don't feel bad being vocal about it considering it's just some Amazon-affiliated cash grab for some billionaire shareholders.

Stafani Versace

I will definitely be buying a few of these.

I've been waiting for face/cheek products. RIP to my paycheck.

Archived