• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, LGMonster95 said:

Well where to begin

- The song has no iTunes links

- It's not promoted on Spotify playlists

- It's not a single which means it has no support from the radios (except Italy)

Literally It's just a song with a music video, how do you want to do good if it literally has no promo?

Also the song is doing pretty good on the radios in Italy so far and It's rising fast on Shazam and iTunes which means that 911 can work if its actually promoted

I mean more than one publication call it her "official third single."

https://www.vulture.com/2020/09/lady-gaga-911-music-video.html

Our journey into Chromatica returns to the desert in Lady Gaga’s new music video for “911,” the third official single off her latest album Chromatica. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lady-gaga-plays-ae-victim-in-video-for-new-dance-strutter-single-911-2756592

Also the VMA's is promo. It's the only place the ROM got live promo. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I mean more than one publication call it her "official third single."

https://www.vulture.com/2020/09/lady-gaga-911-music-video.html

Our journey into Chromatica returns to the desert in Lady Gaga’s new music video for “911,” the third official single off her latest album Chromatica. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lady-gaga-plays-ae-victim-in-video-for-new-dance-strutter-single-911-2756592

A song is not truly an official single untill its sent to the radios. The publications also dont know if its really a single or not, they are just assuming that it is

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, LGMonster95 said:

A song is not truly an official single untill its sent to the radios. The publications also dont know if its really a single or not, they are just assuming that it is

I mean it got sent to Italian radios. How did it debut there?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

ShayCristoforo

I think it was just a nice little moment for her and the fans. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

LGMonster95
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

In Italy yes its a single and so far It's doing pretty good, It's currently entering top 40 on Shazam and It's inside on top 20 on iTunes only because It's being promoted on the radio.

Hybrid AT
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

It was only sent to 2-3 European countries officially by her label, including Italy. Nowhere else. Wikipedia lists only the Italian radio impact date and nothing else. Basically, there's a lot of confusion but it's doing good in sales in Italy based on the radio airplay it has received there.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

vyniildisk
18 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

It was only sent to 2-3 European countries officially by her label, including Italy. Nowhere else. Wikipedia lists only the Italian radio impact date and nothing else. Basically, there's a lot of confusion but it's doing good in sales in Italy based on the radio airplay it has received there.

I am confused. Why is Italy so important in this equation? 

Delulu Rogers

It hasn’t been sent to radio or playlists and there is 0 promo for it. We should be use to this by now 

Hybrid AT
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

I am confused. Why is Italy so important in this equation? 

It's not important per se, they're probably just trying to see how it fares in certain big markets (Italy is a good sample size) before they send it to US, UK and other radios.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

What counts towards the Hot 100: radio airplay, streams and sales. The song didn't have a physical release, didn't get sent to radio in the US or got the playlist treatment on streaming platforms. Why and how do you want it to chart? This was very clearly a video for the fans (who are still complaining about it somehow?)

It's not a single in the US, it didn't get pushed in the US, it didn't get promo in the US. Why would it chart in the US?

vyniildisk
2 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

It's not important per se, they're probably just trying to see how it fares in certain big markets (Italy is a good sample size) before they send it to US, UK and other radios.

They lose the momentum then.

Archived