question

Why is Gaga not openly endorsing Biden?

barnabesk

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

It's probably because of the allegations surrounding Biden. 

I also think Gaga has become more conscious and aware of various social issues that, to be frank, aren't really highlighted by Biden's record and views. I'm not saying that Biden is a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, etc. person, not at all. I don't think Biden's any of those things. However he is moderate, that's just a fact. I think Gaga's realized that sometimes mediocrity sometimes doesn't cut it. If Bernie was the nominee (someone who's been much more vocal and aggressive on social issues), then I think she'd be openly endorsing him.

🃏🖤👹

DirrtyPony

I shouldn’t be, but I’m so surprised how many Trump fans are on this forum...

I think Gaga wants to stay out of it this time. She put a lot into 2016 and look how that turned out. Looks like she’s focused on spreading kindness on a more intimate level than politics.

Strung out for another taste

Just now, M Monstre said:

It's probably because of the allegations surrounding Biden. 

I also think Gaga has become more conscious and aware of various social issues that, to be frank, aren't really highlighted by Biden's record and views. I'm not saying that Biden is a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, etc. person, not at all. I don't think Biden's any of those things. However he is moderate, that's just a fact. I think Gaga's realized that sometimes mediocrity sometimes doesn't cut it. If Bernie was the nominee (someone who's been much more vocal and aggressive on social issues), then I think she'd be openly endorsing him.

actually think this is the most logical answer, this is a very good point

human turd

Cookie Tookie

It's literally no one's business who she's voting for. We all saw what happened in 2016. I'd rather she just continue using her social media platforms to spread awareness about actual social issues that are occurring and giving a voice to different groups, rather than promote someone as historically corrupt as Biden.

12 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Because Biden would be even worse than Trump :trollga:

Said no one ever :bear: do y'all even think before you type?

Wait a second... iirc aren't you a Trump supporter? :bear:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

QueenGaga

The whole Hillary campaign in Gaga’s career was so embarrassing and cheesy because Hillary was just a female Trump at the end of the day. Biden is also just a pandering Trump 2.0 so I’m very very glad Gaga is staying out of this mess 

Why does there have to be a reason? Maybe she plans to, or maybe she even has some participation planned for the last month of the campaign, or maybe she doesnt wanna risk affecting Biden, remember how when she participated with Hillary, people said she was wearing a Nazi outfit? (The MJ one), or how they wanted to connect the "spirit eating" bullshit she did with Marina, to Hillary?

Or how T supporters have said, while blind of their own irony, that celebs shouldnt get involved?

Reality
13 minutes ago, Lazzarus said:

In my humble opinion, she should just call people to vote, but stay neutral :vegas:

TBH, I hate this whole "get people to go out and vote while remaining neutral" thing. I've seen so many celebrities and people preach and say, "Oh, it's your job to vote!", "Go and vote!" without necessarily thinking about the bigger picture and being direct. 9/10 of the people telling you to do that on social media and whatnot are liberals and Democrats. And we know that. That's no secret. If people are going to tell people to vote, just be direct and tell them to vote for Biden.

This is going to be the most important election in the modern history of this country. In many cases, it's going to be a literal life or death voting choice—because of this pandemic. 

Telling people to go out and vote because their "voice needs to be heard" is essentially just saying, "I want you to go out and vote for candidate X because they're better than candidate Y, but I won't explicitly tell you that because I want to remain neutral and not hurt my reputation." Celebrities and people on social media need to stop sugar coating things. Explicitly tell people to vote for Biden. It's the best choice for this country right now.

🃏🖤👹

Reality
3 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

The whole Hillary campaign in Gaga’s career was so embarrassing and cheesy because Hillary was just a female Trump at the end of the day. Biden is also just a pandering Trump 2.0 so I’m very very glad Gaga is staying out of this mess 

Hillary was faaaaaar from a great candidate, but can we please stop equating people like her and Biden to Trump? It's frankly annoying and just simply untrue. 

🃏🖤👹

Probably because it didn’t really help Hillary and she has found a new way to exercise her political voice. Look at what she did with the tv special a few months back or giving her social over to BLM orgs? I reckon she sees humanitarian efforts as doing legitimately more than an endorsement when it’s already super clear who she is voting for.

Lazzarus
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

TBH, I hate this whole "get people to go out and vote while remaining neutral" thing. I've seen so many celebrities and people preach and say, "Oh, it's your job to vote!", "Go and vote!" without necessarily thinking about the bigger picture and being direct. 9/10 the people telling you to do that on social media and whatnot are liberals and Democrats. And we know that. That's no secret. If people are going to tell people to vote, just be direct and tell them to vote for Biden.

This is going to be the most important election in the modern history of this country. In many cases, it's going to be a literal life or death voting choice—because of this pandemic. 

I don't see it like that. Maybe it's because I'm not a US citizen, but I still see no problem with being neutral. Like its your right not to openly endorse anybody but still do you duty and vote :nails:

GagaSine

She already gets flack for collaborating with him on that #MeToo campaign, I think she might feel it would look hypocritical to endorse him.

Dr Fudge
10 minutes ago, Adakam said:

Why does there have to be a reason? Maybe she plans to, or maybe she even has some participation planned for the last month of the campaign, or maybe she doesnt wanna risk affecting Biden, remember how when she participated with Hillary, people said she was wearing a Nazi outfit? (The MJ one), or how they wanted to connect the "spirit eating" bullshit she did with Marina, to Hillary?

Or how T supporters have said, while blind of their own irony, that celebs shouldnt get involved?

Yeah....I totally forgot about the MJ suit. She definitely didn’t think that one through completely. Behind a podium...well, the color scheme did not work in her favor. :deadbanana:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Reality
1 minute ago, Lazzarus said:

I don't see it like that. Maybe it's because I'm not a US citizen, but I still see no problem with being neutral. Like its your right not to openly endorse anybody but still do you duty and vote :nails:

Well, it's also your right not to exercise your vote. 

I understand that in some instances people need to remain neutral, but frankly, this is not one of those times. When you have the current sitting president NOT denouncing white supremacy on national television, that's a problem and EVERYONE needs to push back on that. 

Like, if Gaga (or any other celebrity) never told people to go out and explicitly vote, then fine. But she has stated numerous times the importance of voting, and so have many other celebrities. Of course at the end of the day voting is your own right and prerogative. You can vote for whoever you want (or you can not vote). It's your choice.

That said, I hate that celebrities and social media stars want to seem like they're "neutral" by just telling people to go out and vote without directly saying who to vote for. 9/10 the people you see posting stuff like that on social media are liberals and Democrats. Just be direct with people.

Like for example—I love this woman so don't take this as an attack on her—if Jane Fonda tells someone to vote, you know she's really saying "Go out and vote for Joe Biden." When she says, "Your voice needs to be heard," you know what she really means is, "Your voice needs to be heard for Joe Biden."  

🃏🖤👹

Archived