πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"No love left to rye"

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

What exactly does the line "there's gonna be no love left to rye" mean in the song Speechless?Β 

Rye is a type of whiskey but Gaga uses the word as a verb "to rye" in the song and that has always had me intrigued about what she meant here. I haven't found a satisfactory explanation for this lyric yet, ever since it came out. How do you think the word rye fits in here with the rest of the lyrics?Β :oprah:

Oh, and stan this gorgeous, one of her best written songs(all of it by herself!) btw

Β 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Cookie Tookie

I thought it was β€œno love left to write”

And yes, it’s her best ballad. We been knew.

NFRatwell

β€œI can only guess it means that after he (death) gets you, there'll be nothing left to continue to indulge in rye (whiskey).” -Yahoo answer

5 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

I thought it was β€œno love left to write”

And yes, it’s her best ballad. We been knew.

Β 

4 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

The lyric is ride. No love left to ride.Β 

Source: my TFM piano book

The lyric booklet has "rye" on it idkΒ :shrug:Β that's how I've always sung it

latest?cb=20180517143137

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

joannesrats
Just now, HybridAT said:

Β 

latest?cb=20180517143137

Well we do know that her lyric booklets aren’t always...great

I think it's simply means "no love left to drink" but she wanted to give a twist to it and say rye as a type of drink.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Just now, HybridAT said:

Β 

latest?cb=20180517143137

Her lyric booklets contain inconsistencies and typos all the time. For example, the Chromatica booklet lists SFA's chorus lyric as "Before there was US, there was silence" but Gaga has referenced it herself in interviews and confirmed several times that it's "Before there was LOVE, there was silence"Β 

I still think the lyric is "No love left to write" because... that actually makes sense!Β  Occam's Razor and all :giggle:Β The explanation that is the simplest is usually the truth.Β Β It goes with the entire message of the song, "I'll never talk again, I'll never write a song, won't even sing along"

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, KORG said:

Its write. If he dies, all her love is gone, she'll not write another song.

I still think it’s chainΒ 

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

1 minute ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Her lyric booklets contain inconsistencies and typos all the time. For example, the Chromatica booklet lists SFA's chorus lyric as "Before there was US, there was silence" but Gaga has referenced it herself in interviews and confirmed several times that it's "Before there was LOVE, there was silence"Β 

I still think the lyric is "No love left to write" because... that actually makes sense!Β  Occam's Razor and all :giggle:Β The explanation that is the simplest is usually the truth.Β Β It goes with the entire message of the song, "I'll never talk again, I'll never write a song, won't even sing along"

Β 

3 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

Well we do know that her lyric booklets aren’t always...great

Agree. But if you listen to her sing in the performances as well, she doesn't use a hard d sound as in ride nor a soft t sound as in write. It does sound like she's saying the word rye

Oh well, I guess we'll never knowΒ :yennefer:

2 minutes ago, KORG said:

Its write. If he dies, all her love is gone, she'll not write another song.

But she doesn't doesn't end the word in a soft t sound anytime she sings it. She does a short vibrato on ryyyyyeeee and then moves on to the next lyric. Some of the explanations posted here make sense with how she might have wanted to use the word rye too, tbh.

lavenderblondee

I always wondered this too.Β :oprah:Β 

Typical fans meeting Gaga: "Gaga, I love your work!"

Me: "Please explain what the f no love left to rye means???"

:haroon:

Archived