💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Star Is Born References The Woman Who Discovered Gaga

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo

Her name is Wendy Starland

if you listen to this fascinating interview you’ll hear her story with Gaga but 1:50 is the part I’m taking about 

The references seem obvious in these scenes 

Bonus: 

The recommendation letter Gaga wrote for Wendy

gagastarland.jpg

Do you think this would have been a direct reference since Gaga and Wendy would be close and she would tell Gaga these stories and Gaga remembering them as plot points?

or just coincidental?

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Blastertoyo
Just now, Suuus said:

I thought akon discovered gaga?

Wendy brought Gaga to Rob Fusari, where they made music for a while before she went to Def Jam and then Interscope where Akon found her 

Thats roughly the timeline 

5 minutes ago, JINNOCIDE said:

I'm more shook that Gaga wrote a recommendation letter and wrote GaGa :triggered:

Probably from early 2008/2009 when she still used that stage name

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Blastertoyo
26 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Nobody "discovered" Gaga. Gaga already knew she was there.

What do you mean? 
:enigma:

Are you talking about because she was pulled on stage and started singing? I'd say it's more just a retelling of the scene in the Barbara version. The same thing happens in that one, except they don't duet. 

CannaeDrive
4 minutes ago, GoneGUY said:

Are you talking about because she was pulled on stage and started singing? I'd say it's more just a retelling of the scene in the Barbara version. The same thing happens in that one, except they don't duet. 

Exactly, this a retelling of the previous "A Star Is Born" movies, it is almost certain that's what the writers of Bradley & Gaga's ASIB are doing and not necessarily referencing Gaga's personal life.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Blastertoyo
19 minutes ago, GoneGUY said:

Did you watch the whole story of her performance and the second scene I posted of Gaga? There are two scenes I’m talking about, which are the two scenes I showed.

Blastertoyo
9 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

7 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

How do we know that letter is legit? 

I doubt Wendy would publicly read it on TV if it was fake, also Gaga thanked Wendy when she won a Songwriters Hall Of Fame Award and said Wendy discovered her at one of their showcases 

img?regionKey=%2B7YVcSZLewgLpvQ3MZskGA==
also

Archived