Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith announced their only live performance this year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

joannesrats
13 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Its also not respectfull to tell a user to leave this website  

You need to learn the difference between someone demanding respect of their human rights and telling someone to log off because they aren’t respecting that. 

If a black person was telling a racist to delete their account, how could you defend the person being racist? The two aren’t the same so they are not comparable. 

Me telling someone to get off the website because they are being transphobic is not on the same level as their transphobic actions. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
12 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Every Sam Smith thread somehow Turns into a mess

It wouldn’t be a mess if people could respect someone else’s pronouns without making it about them. 

5 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

You need to learn the difference between someone demanding respect of their human rights and telling someone to log off because they aren’t respecting that. 

If a black person was telling a racist to delete their account, how could you defend the person being racist? The two aren’t the same so they are not comparable. 

Me telling someone to get off the website because they are being transphobic is not on the same level as their transphobic actions. 

I’m sorry but it’s very annoying seeing racism being used as an example yet again to explain gender identity. It’s not even close to the same thing and more offensive.

Interlude
3 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

From the title i knew this would turn out only about the pronouns and not the performance

Every single time. :koons:

Can mods pin a message in NB related threads because it's always insufferable.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

joannesrats
3 minutes ago, SLAG said:

I’m sorry but it’s very annoying seeing racism being used as an example yet again to explain gender identity. It’s not even close to the same thing and more offensive.

It can be used as the same thing because they are both immutable parts of someone. Someone can’t change their gender as much as they can’t change their race. The reason it is used as an example is because people tend to not understand that gender discussions and disrespect could sound terrible when you use that logic regarding something else that is comparable. 

joannesrats
4 minutes ago, Interlude said:

Every single time. :koons:

Can mods pin a message in NB related threads because it's always insufferable.

We’ll stop making them about gender when someone’s gender isn’t disrespected.

Edit: just realized that you were mostly complaining about the fact that it has to end up talking about gender, not that people are defending Sam (I think)

13 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

And you need to learn how to be less hostile about this 

1 minute ago, joannesrats said:

It can be used as the same thing because they are both immutable parts of someone. Someone can’t change their gender as much as they can’t change their race. The reason it is used as an example is because people tend to not understand that gender discussions and disrespect could sound terrible when you use that logic regarding something else that is comparable. 

It’s not comparable mate. I can look at someone and see there race but not what pronouns they prefer. Maybe use their sexuality as an example as that’s closer to the topic. As a POC I’m telling you that it’s offensive. Hopefully you can respect that.

It’s embarrassing at this point at how rapidly a Sam Smith thread gets derailed and a gender debate has to be made each time when there is nothing to debate about, respect their pronouns and comment about the music and keep it moving nobody cares if you don’t agree just be a decent human being or just don’t comment on the thread this is so tiring. 

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

joannesrats
26 minutes ago, SLAG said:

It’s not comparable mate. I can look at someone and see there race but not what pronouns they prefer. Maybe use their sexuality as an example as that’s closer to the topic. As a POC I’m telling you that it’s offensive. Hopefully you can respect that.

As someone who studied sociology, race is a commonly used analogy purely because people are already mostly familiar with discussing it. That’s the only reason why I used it and I hope you can understand that, and I do understand where you’re coming from 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived