💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Perfect Illusion

Warning

Featured Posts

Perfect Illusion sounds fresh and soo good still after all those years? I mean I did not like it at first, but it aged really like a fine wine, change my mind.

It was just ahead of its time :giveup: truly a masterpiece or maybe Im just being nostalgic, but whew, it really SLAPS, Stupid Love can't relate (excluding live version of it). Is there anyone else who really appreciates and enjoys this bop nowadays?  

tomsches

I love the song too and it's one of my favourites but gurl... if you think it's ahead of its time you should read up some music history.

Just now, tomsches said:

I love the song too and it's one of my favourites but gurl... if you think it's ahead of its time you should read up some music history.

Im just comparing it to what was popular at that time :shrug:

ShayCristoforo

For me, the song gets good at the 2nd verse.

I hated it all, at first. But I've come to appreciate it.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

9 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

For me, the song gets good at the 2nd verse.

That's when the autotune gets a little bit heavier lol it sounds less demo-ish and there's also the tension that's already built

The production is so good, Gaga’s voice so powerful and the energy so high, this is really one of her best songs imo, i really think she could make an amazing rock album.

A few weeks ago i started to imagine a collaboration between her and Lenny Kravitz on a record. I think it could be a killer record, something wild and strong, unapologetic, rebellious, sexy, that smells like leather and fire 🔥 

Let me dream :pray:

DiskoBaby

I want the version Kevin Parker sung. That version, how psychedelic sounding it was, sounded so good when he sang it live. And from what I heard that’s how he wrote it to be too.

ShayCristoforo
10 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

That's when the autotune gets a little bit heavier lol it sounds less demo-ish and there's also the tension that's already built

Didn't even recognize that. As much as I appreciate the rawness, I think it just sounds bad lol  

I guess I'm just an i e i e technologique hoe :vegas: 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

3 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Didn't even recognize that. As much as I appreciate the rawness, I think it just sounds bad lol  

I guess I'm just an i e i e technologique hoe :vegas: 

Well, people automatically associate autotune with pitch correction which isn't necessarily true, that's why they sometimes say “there's no autotune on Joanne” but autotune does way more than that, that's why it's hard to hear

But yeah, while I love the fact that her voice is more raw than usual, I tend to like her more “artificial” songs more too

Reality
2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

it's been a few years... you're making it sound like it stood the test of 3 decades

Music moves at a very fast pace these days. It might as well have been 3 decades :bradley: 

🖤👹

Reality

I loved PI since my first listen. I remember getting into so many fights over defending PI cause everyone thought it was "underwhelming." It's so good :bradley: 

🖤👹

Archived