Gaga discusses ‘Chromatica’ with American Songwriter

pop ate my heart

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TortureMeOnReplay
59 minutes ago, daddybunny said:

Okay but that interview ended entirely too abruptly...

My thoughts exactly.

ShayCristoforo

SFA:
I remember when we were finishing it, I was hard – I pressed on all the guys to make it like almost speed-core at the end. Just this sonic explosion. It was because I wanted to – I wanted this song to have a range, where it began in a very organic, melodic way and then it ended in some sort of cacophony. A cacophony that I’m now comfortable with. I think, you know, when you go through hard things, it’s not necessarily about those hard things begin over for you to be okay.

We aren't worthy of her mind.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

2School4Cool

I love hearing her talk about Fun Tonight and how important that song was for her, it’s an album highlight that gets looked over way too often. I can imagine how hard it is for her to listen to, but I’m always in awe of how she can take her struggles and her pain and turn them into masterpieces like that song. I also love her explanation of the SFA outro!

See The Best In Everyone

2School4Cool

I don’t understand the hate BloodPop gets on here. I have so much admiration for him not only as an incredibly talented producer and creative force, but as a person. This album helped Gaga so much, and it’s clear how much BloodPop helped her. He did what a good friend should do, stick by his friend’s side and help her find herself again. I’m so appreciative of BloodPop’s work on this album and for helping Gaga see this project through, when they work together they create magic.

See The Best In Everyone

pop ate my heart

she herself said that Bloodpop stopped her from doing dull, uninspired, 'not-Gaga' music. He literally helped her love herself as an artist again, she's the happiest she's ever been in years and this was said in almost every interview this era. and Chromatica clearly reflects that. in terms of concept, creativity and visuals, it's objectively up there with BTW, TFM and ARTPOP. We really don't deserve him. Couldn't be more grateful.

I'm very sure if it wasn't for Bloodpop we would've gotten super trendy generic pop a'la The Cure and WDYDT, ijs

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

I loved it so much, I love how passionate she is about her work even though she is not always in a state of mind for doing music she does music, she writes, she feels, she is creative, cause somehow she finds peace in expressing her feelings in her art

We should be thankful for that awesome friend of hers Bloodpop, who is really a source of positivity for her

Appreciating Sine and Fun Tonight more after this interview!

This is Gaga's work and hers alone. She is the one who has to live with the fact we're digging through her depression through the music, illustrating another dark time in her life as they have been there before.

Go back to Marry the Night. Go back to Dancing in the Dark. Go back to Princess Die.  

She has struggled with that dark "me" at the back of her head since she experienced the trauma that seems to haunt her. To think that this is an uninspired, Bloodpop regurgitation is missing what was there before. 

I hope she stays strong and allow the positives of her life to permeate and marinate her psyche.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

She has said multiple times how she felt suicidal in the last two and a half years and had to be kept in observational spaces just so she wouldn't take any grave steps and there's "fans" who still question her lack of agency (whatever the hell that means for a severely depressed and traumatized person battling neuropathic pain and intense public fame) and authenticity of the record when she's literally singing about her pain, her troubles, her trials and tribulations.

Pathetic. Literally pathetic. GTFO. You don't like the album? Fine. Say that you don't like it and move along. But STOP attributing her work output and creative choices to the men she works with just because they tried to pull her out of a slumber, because if not for them making sincere efforts to make her see her own light that she had stopped seeing briefly, you wouldn't have ANY music or hell, her around. ENOUGH.

I'm just so glad she's still with us just as a gifted presence to the humankind, feeling safe and better than before, both mentally and physically, let alone making music and sharing her art.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Are we really out here demanding agency from severely depressed and knowingly suicidal individuals? Wow. 

Ehm, i don’t have to like everything she does cause she’s depressed. I’m depressed and have suicidal thoughts too, yet i don’t expect people to like my unpopular opinions about this album but i’m still gonna say what i think :ohwell:

anyway, yeah, i’m sorry about her but as i said the fact that she’s depressed doesn’t make the album better for me so it is what it is, an ok album.

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Sad that after all these years still even some of her own fans don’t believe that Gaga has autonomy over her artistic choices and releases. She has said time and time again how personal this is for her. Stop placing so much focus on the men she goes into the studio with. 

I’ve always believed she had it till this album. She really didn’t know what to do with it and basically let Bloodpop do everything. I don’t think she was forced by anyone to make the album a certain way but at the same time i don’t think she cared enough about the direction of it.

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Is this your thing? To rile people up? Like, everyday?

Nope, i just wanna say what i think :enigma:

45 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Ehm, i don’t have to like everything she does cause she’s depressed. I’m depressed and have suicidal thoughts too, yet i don’t expect people to like my unpopular opinions about this album but i’m still gonna say what i think :ohwell:

anyway, yeah, i’m sorry about her but as i said the fact that she’s depressed doesn’t make the album better for me so it is what it is, an ok album.

42 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I’ve always believed she had it till this album. She really didn’t know what to do with it and basically let Bloodpop do everything. I don’t think she was forced by anyone to make the album a certain way but at the same time i don’t think she cared enough about the direction of it.

39 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Nope, i just wanna say what i think :enigma:

We get it. You don't like the album. Move along instead of going out of your way to discredit her. You're a grown ass gay man, you know better than stripping successful women of their artistic integrity and undercutting their creative control over their own careers. Stop being a miserable, misogynistic asshole now.

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-small.gif

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Archived