💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mariah Carey still doesn’t know who Jennifer Lopez is

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

Mariah Carey released "The Meaning of Mariah Carey" today. She refused to mention Jennifer Lopez’s name on her memoir and referred to her as
“another female entertainer on [Sony] (whom I don’t know)” :ladyhaha:

JLpng.png

Mariah sent her book to some celebs. Do you think Jlo will get one? ezgif-1-5a2cb2b5ba28.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

vyniildisk

why they have such bad blood in betweem them? according to Jennifer nothing ever happened? One day she just decided to not knowledger. Maybe something with the executives? Ughh i love Mariah so much! Not the music but her persona, imagine being friends with her? She is super shady and funny 

ZiggyZiggs
3 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

why they have such bad blood in betweem them? according to Jennifer nothing ever happened? One day she just decided to not knowledger. Maybe something with the executives? Ughh i love Mariah so much! Not the music but her persona, imagine being friends with her? She is super shady and funny 

pretty sure it has something to do with Tommy Mottola, her ex-husband

If I was Mariah I would have left the label as soon as I could, and I would expose them, self-sabotaging my era. This is a scandal. 

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Madam Margolyes said:

The fact that she said female entertainer instead of female singer :bradley:

because singer was Ashanti :ladyhaha:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

CantGetEnough
19 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

I think Jennifer gets a bad rap for her early music being "stolen" when in most cases it was a mixture of industry standards at the time (the best music is given to the artist the label is trying to sell/push) and her male collaborators (Diddy practically ripped off If You Had My Love from a Chante Moore song [who wouldn't sell him her If I Gave You Love] while Motolla used JLO as some sort of revenge on Mariah by taking her ideas and giving them to JLO). Bottom line is Tommy Motolla used demos that Mariah had for Jennifer Lopez albums and rushed those songs out so Mariah could not execute her original vision after leaving him. Idk, I just don't think JLO was giggling with Motolla and knowingly entering this two-decade long drama. I think she was the new hot label star and was taking what was given to her by Sony. 

To circle back to her "stealing" music...I don't get how paying a writer for their song/demo is stealing? Leaving backing vocals from the demo are not rare and, again, is a production technique (and JLO did not produce her early songs). JLO likely did not have a ton of control over her first two label albums, not unlike any artist. The only thing I find egregious is the fact that Cristina Milian's vocals 100% are the chorus of 'Play' and she should have been featured as such. Otherwise, a lot of "JLO stole this song" arguments are weak and could be applied to several "faves". 

Teletubby
7 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

backing vocals

This is Jenny From The Block demo by Natasha Ramos
these are not just backing vocals that she used in original version:trollga:

vyniildisk
25 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

I think Jennifer gets a bad rap for her early music being "stolen" when in most cases it was a mixture of industry standards at the time (the best music is given to the artist the label is trying to sell/push) and her male collaborators (Diddy practically ripped off If You Had My Love from a Chante Moore song [who wouldn't sell him her If I Gave You Love] while Motolla used JLO as some sort of revenge on Mariah by taking her ideas and giving them to JLO). Bottom line is Tommy Motolla used demos that Mariah had for Jennifer Lopez albums and rushed those songs out so Mariah could not execute her original vision after leaving him. Idk, I just don't think JLO was giggling with Motolla and knowingly entering this two-decade long drama. I think she was the new hot label star and was taking what was given to her by Sony. 

To circle back to her "stealing" music...I don't get how paying a writer for their song/demo is stealing? Leaving backing vocals from the demo are not rare and, again, is a production technique (and JLO did not produce her early songs). JLO likely did not have a ton of control over her first two label albums, not unlike any artist. The only thing I find egregious is the fact that Cristina Milian's vocals 100% are the chorus of 'Play' and she should have been featured as such. Otherwise, a lot of "JLO stole this song" arguments are weak and could be applied to several "faves". 

woow this honestly crazy, its like that story weeks ago that the record label was trying to steal a song that a singer totally wrote and gave it to Britney but Brit rejected it and went back to her. Or when Rihanna hardcorely asking (demanding) Sza to give her Consideration (the song) that she wanted for her debut album

Archived