💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SL doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Jinzo

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Because they already planned the music video and done the choreography for the song. We most likely would've waited longer for the era to start if Gaga and her team picked something else.

This would've been the best option, wait and decide what's the next best move after a tragic leak, even if we stans had to wait. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

What was the messy decision? 

Releasing a song that got leaked a month before as a lead. What's not clicking :air:

Madame Goo Goo
9 minutes ago, Jinzo said:

Blame Interscope and Gaga for releasing a song that got leaked a month before, not the the song itself. I'm 100% sure SL would be a fan favorite had it not been the lead single. It got bad rep because it failed to deliver the "success" lead singles are supposed to deliver, specially after ASIB. 

I do believe that the leak harmed its chances big time. And although I love the song, the truth is that the clear choice to be the lead was ROM. 

Bottom line is, Interscope and Gaga's stubbornness are at fault here for once again not knowing how to handle an era properly and successfully. 

:pawsup:

If ROM was the lead, Gaga would not have gotten a solo top 10 single this era lol. The lead single needed to be solo, because that was the hype she had is what sent it to the top 10. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, Jinzo said:

This would've been the best option, wait and decide what's the next best move after a tragic leak, even if we stans had to wait. 

It wouldn't.

Fans were already complaining, what makes you think they would be okay if they waited longer. We are the most impatient fan base in existence.

They were already planning promotional spots for Gaga throughout the course of March and April. It would be even messier if they had to changed all of that for a song that leaked and Gaga's "stubbornness".

Just now, Madame Goo Goo said:

If ROM was the lead, Gaga would not have gotten a solo top 10 single this era lol. The lead single needed to be solo, because that was the hype she had is what sent it to the top 10. 

Yes, her second lead would have gotten big hype after a smashing #1 lead. All I'm saying is that handling eras properly pays off at lot. 

HausOfAntonio

I dont think anyone HATES Stupid Love, they’re just considerably more adamant about the rest of Chromatica...

I love it and I think its a great single, but its still my least favourite on the album. 

joannesrats
3 minutes ago, Jinzo said:

Releasing a song that got leaked a month before as a lead. What's not clicking :air:

Oh, no that just isn't a messy decision. She had a strong music video and strong rollout, it wasn't messy. Do you think it was messy when she released Bad Romance after the demo leaked? 

1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

It wouldn't.

Fans were already complaining, what makes you think they would be okay if they waited longer. We are the most impatient fan base in existence.

They were already planning promotional spots for Gaga throughout the course of March and April. It would be even messier if they had to changed all of that for a song that leaked and Gaga's "stubbornness".

Not buying it, switching a different lead wouldn't and shouldn't affect whatever plans they had. 

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, Jinzo said:

Not buying it, switching a different lead wouldn't and shouldn't affect whatever plans they had. 

it would've, but anyways

Reality

I really want to like your post, but then you're saying to put the blame on Gaga and Interscope's "stubbornness." 

I do agree that SL is a great song and that it get faaaaar too much hate, but that doesn't have anything to do with Gaga's "stubbornness" at all. I do think that if it wasn't the lead, you'd definitely see people saying, "Why wasn't this the lead single?!", "It's so good!", "How could they have passed this up?!", etc. It also definitely would've been a fan favorite.

I do think the leak hurt it a little, but also, Gaga wasn't ready to release it when it leaked. IIRC, The music video was filmed after it leaked. They weren't just going to rush things out like they had before. Y'all complained when Gaga/Interscope would do the whole "second single switch" thing because y'all thought that they were "too reactive." Well, this time they took their time and it turned out fine. It wasn't a smah hit, but it also wasn't a massive flop. It did fine. She got a Top 5 debut off of that song.

🖤👹

joannesrats
1 minute ago, Jinzo said:

It would have. You think that the SL choreography and video plan would have worked for any other single? They were rehearsing for SL around the same time that the song leaked so they would have had to change everything last minute, lowering production quality and extending the time it takes. 

7 minutes ago, Jinzo said:

What's not clicking??? If they hadn't released the song before any other song on the album than it would've lost double the amount of streams on the album, single or not during the beginning era. It's the perfect lead, it's chosen for a reason, and if you don't like that than that's your problem.

Stupid Love could be a killer track if it had better lyrics and a fully realized chorus. The beat is really explosive, it’s fun and loud. I also don’t think it fits between Alice and Rain On Me, those two tracks blend perfectly with each other. I don’t know where I’d put it tho.

joannesrats
Just now, Brecht said:

Stupid Love could be a killer track if it had better lyrics and a fully realized chorus. The beat is really explosive, it’s fun and loud. I also don’t think it fits between Alice and Rain On Me, those two tracks blend perfectly with each other. I don’t know where I’d put it tho.

I think that I would have put it in the second part of the album and switch it with Sour Candy or 911. Imagine the slayage of CI > Alice > 911 > ROM

Archived