💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SL doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Jinzo

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

Stupid Love brought nothing new to the table for Gaga. It sounds like it's fresh off BTW... which was 2011 Gaga.

The instrumental is very loud and brash, and the song doesn't even sound like it belongs on Chromatica.

That's exactly the point. The song is inspired by her past self and it's supposed to make the listener feel nostalgic.

Also I personally feel like stupid love's production is the one of few that actually stand out in a good way on the album. It is very similiar to DWUW in a way and I doubt that's a coincidence bc Chromatica seems to be a spiritual successor to Miss ARTPOP as many of the same theme's are there :firega:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read Stupid Love doesn't get the hate it deserves :mark:

I was like, really sis ? Harsh.. 

Imo Stupid Love is a good synthwave song, funny, dancing, retro..Maybe not lead single worthy (Alice would have been the perfect choice), but I think that it works as a good introduction of Chromatica's universe too. I just wished  the mv was longer, with a stronger scenario, and visually more polished. 

Sneaky Oliver

The song is okay. I really don’t feel the lead single energy. In my mind it has kind of become a pre-single because the album got postponed and ROM worked as the lead when it was finally released.

I think the beat is so cool it’s a shame she didn’t write a full dramatic chorus to it! That’s what keeps me from really loving it! But it’s a amazing song nonetheless! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

SuperSunset

Ngl I just think it is a very meh song,she even had better unreleased tracks than it.Maybe if it stayed as an album track it would get less criticism.

BornAsUnic0rn
13 hours ago, Jinzo said:

Releasing a song that got leaked a month before as a lead. What's not clicking :air:

Bbbbut didn‘t this happen to Bad Romance, Alejandro and Dance In The Dark?

ChromaticRaccoon

I- Gaga made the right decision sticking to her original plan. 

She shouldn't have too pick a new lead, just because the song leaked. If y'all played the leak on 'replay' then that's your own faults, not hers 

SL is totally a skip for me on the album now.  It just sounds so generic and out of place In the middle of so many really great songs.  And don’t get me started on that video....

It's just a fun song, for me it is about self love but the reasons are not that great. 

Hearing in the club is another story,  I loved dancing to it but for me it's the weakest one on the album.

Alice is such a good intro for this era, a perfect introduction to the world of chromatica.

I hope she would finish the era with a video in which she is still searching for the perfect place/ her wonderland or something trippy.

Ladey Gaygay

girl she wasted a bomb ass video on that song:toofunny:

Imagine if the video was for Alice or Free Woman:bradley:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Ladey Gaygay
4 hours ago, Esteban said:

I read Stupid Love doesn't get the hate it deserves :mark:

I was like, really sis ? Harsh.. 

Imo Stupid Love is a good synthwave song, funny, dancing, retro..Maybe not lead single worthy (Alice would have been the perfect choice), but I think that it works as a good introduction of Chromatica's universe too. I just wished  the mv was longer, with a stronger scenario, and visually more polished. 

*crickets*

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Awakened M

The leak did ruin my overall excitement for the release, but I do love the song. 

However, I do get triggered trying to listen to the audio, and I start belting Alice, then Iget slapped by stomping kick drum and snares. That's where I have beef.:deadbanana:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Archived