Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Ava: #27 debut Heaven & Hell

Werk

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers
1 minute ago, S0436 said:

Spain and Brazil have had more deaths per capita than the US so far...but we won’t go there as they are supporters of pure pop.

...it's a joke. :saladga:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimmytimestep
3 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

This is her first album, and she didn't really have a huge hit in the US.  I think the album is pretty good and I think this is good start for an unknown in North America.  Tons of acts that are huge in Europe never cross over here, so its still a decent start.  

This.

It took Little Mix three albums to deliver a truly global smash.

While i don't find Ava to be very charming, it's pretty clear she's got talent, a relentless drive, and enough people that want to work with her to make well-crafted, satisfying pop music. the album is far from terrible.

4 hours ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

I knew someone would compare it with TF. :air: It went on to sold 5 millions copies in the US. We're not in 2009 anymore.

The whole world is not just in the usa. She's a UK artist, and her debut album debuted at #2 which is outstanding. Ofc she isn't gonna be as popular in the States as she is in the kingdom like Little Mix. 

Agunimon
4 hours ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

#27 ... chile :billie:

Where is your support, those who thought she could replace Gaga ? :yennefer:

literally nobody but her stans ****in said that.

Luke78619

Some people really need to humble themselves, a brand new artist from the UK has the 27th highest selling album this week, she’s done amazing and I’m sure 99% of you wouldn’t have the drive, perseverance or mindset to do such a thing

massive congrats to Ava :party: 

EDIT: apparently she’s not a UK act, but my point remains the same, still a great accomplishment :applause: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Lorde Von Kok
4 hours ago, Fish said:

yes, but the point is: sometimes big successes start low. Imagine in december 2008, you would have said well gaga is a flop the number don't lie, you'd look like a fool today. Same goes with Ava: you can't really judge her now on those US numbers where she is basically unknown. 

Except she won't become big, but go on. :yennefer:

27 minutes ago, Amidana said:

The whole world is not just in the usa. She's a UK artist, and her debut album debuted at #2 which is outstanding. Ofc she isn't gonna be as popular in the States as she is in the kingdom like Little Mix. 

I'm not even from the United States :bear: I can see y'all points, but I never heard of her before GGD, soo I was surprised to see the lack of support after the thousands of threads and the supposedly big deal about her and seeing the numbers on the Billboard 200. If she does well elsewhere, that's good for her. 

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

8 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

I'm not even from the United States :bear: I can see y'all points, but I never heard of her before GGD, soo I was surprised to see the lack of support after the thousands of threads and the supposedly big deal about her and seeing the numbers on the Billboard 200. If she does well elsewhere, that's good for her. 

If you say that then why try using USA sales as an attack towards ava?? Not you trying to attack her using USA sales and then saying you're not from the us trying to make it seem like you don't care? Make it make sense, if she does well elsewhere? How about her home country, as again not everything revolves around the USA. 

Lorde Von Kok
4 minutes ago, Amidana said:

If you say that then why try using USA sales as an attack towards ava?? Make it make sense, if she does well elsewhere? How about her home country, as again not everything revolves around the USA. 

I agree with you, but let's look at the chart performance on the globe shall we: 

Germany - #7

Australia -  #7

France - #14

Ireland - #17

Japan - #20

Sweden - #28

Italy - #28

That's great that she went #2 on the UK Albums Chart, she's not the second coming still :yennefer:

Serial Chiller
28 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Some people really need to humble themselves, a brand new artist from the UK has the 27th highest selling album this week, she’s done amazing and I’m sure 99% of you wouldn’t have the drive, perseverance or mindset to do such a thing

massive congrats to Ava :party: 

she’s American chile :bear:

Lorde Von Kok
8 minutes ago, Amidana said:

Make it make sense, if she does well elsewhere? How about her home country, as again not everything revolves around the USA. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ava_Max 

She's American ... :bear: 

You, make it make sense sis :trollga:

Luke78619
5 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

she’s American chile :bear:

I have been lied to :bear:

my point still stands though 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

15 hours ago, Fish said:

the fame debuted at #17 fyi. 

Just Dance: April 8, 2008
The Fame: October 28, 2008

Sweet But Psycho: August 17, 2018
Heaven & Hell: September 18, 2020

Ava had over two years to generate buzz for the album. Gaga had only two singles released prior to releasing her debut, Ava had five (plus two features). 

Archived