Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Marry the Night should have been Hair

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde

1601317630219.gif

Marry the night is one of gaga's best songs no doubt so this thread isnt about the quality of the song but the viability as a single

Even though marry the night has aged extremely well ,it did not chart very well and it kinda set the tone for gaga's singles underperforming and i think it is because  it is not as catchy as gagas prior singles like judas and born this way . The general public was used to getting really catchy tunes from gaga and instead they got a surface level grundgy track , this is why i think Hair could have been a better single with  exactly marry the nights music video and promotion .....Hear my out guys:selena:

Hair on the other hand has not aged very well over time based on the continues evolution in musical production..not saying it is a bad song but its structure is dated . i feel like as of 2011 it was the better song by many standards , the more "palatable" song if you may, the one that could definitely worked commercially .

I still remember hair was my favorite gaga song as of 2011, i would listen to it over and over again on loop and drift off, fantasizing on the day i would be free to express myself like gaga preached .

If hair had marry the night  music video, i feel like it would be one of gagas classics and signature hits by now .

1601316099844.gif

The aesthetic of MTN music video fits Hair so well

Imagine gaga singing

" im not inlove this is my prayer that ill die living just as free as my hair " while struting around the abandoned  junk yard "

cK98SS.gif

That is not to say that marry the night is not a good song it is one of the songs on born this way thay still sound fresh to me . but hair would have woked extremely well in 2011. plus the message behind the lyrics is in line with born this way's overall theme .also, the song It is sort of an autobiography just like the marry the night music video so it would also blended perfectly well 

1601314817400.gif

Im sorry guys ,i had a little manager moment :bradley:but do you agree 

1601317067105.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest Bitch

1st single: BTW
2nd single: Judas
3rd single: TEOG
4th single: Hair
5th single: Bloody Mary
6th single: You And I
7th single: Marry The Night 

:trollga:

Mirrion Rizzons

I think MTN better represents Born this way so hair would have been awful as a 5th single, worst song on the album:yennefer: it's too cheesy I think

Blastertoyo

Hair is one of the most overproduced songs ever

It didn’t all the bells and whistles and

hai I I I I I I air ei ei ei ei ei ei ei ei ei air

it should have been a piano ballad 

please enlighten me to death

lady gaga no GIF

MTN should had been the first single (released along with the new years eve album announcement) followed by BTW as second single imo

dimitristhe

Marry The Night being a single >>>> 20 1#'s. 
That video and the live performances are some of her best. Pure art! 
Hair is a basic pop song and kinda cheesy. I prefer the live acoustic version.

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

Married the Night

Well. Hair almost went top 10. But MTN is the better song and if it hadn’t been released as a single everyone would always say it was a mistake not to make it a single. 

periodddd

RenegAde
9 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

I'll never understand how someone could think "Marry the Night" isn't catchy. :shocked:

Well it isnt honestly , its one of my best gaga songs but i cant listen to it twice back to back

I think that Hair would have done worse than Marry The Night. I also think that Marry The Night would have done better publicly, with a short and cute video. I don't care though, I love what we got.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived