Marry the Night should have been Hair

RenegAde

Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madame Goo Goo
1 hour ago, Sister said:

I think that Hair would have done worse than Marry The Night. I also think that Marry The Night would have done better publicly, with a short and cute video. I don't care though, I love what we got.

Hair wasn't even a single and it did better than Marry The Night anyways :giveup: But I agree with you, Marry The Night did not have to be a hit. Gaga had 4 other hits that era; there was nothing to prove. Marry The Night was for the art of it all. She didn't do it for fame, she did it for impact. :bon:

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Notthebling

The thing is, Edge of Glory is too close sonically compared to Hair.

They're both extremely similar songs in some ways, Hair as a more rock-opera tone, but the structure, sound an production is somehow the same. (I'm not saying it's the same song, for all y'all ready to throw stones).

And, it's undeniable that EOG > Hair

Thus it really wasn't single worthy. 

I'll keep saying the singles were good for the album. I would have tried Heavy Metal Lover instead of Marry The Night for the last single but that's my call.

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

DiskoBaby
22 minutes ago, Phlop said:

I used to want it as a single but the video would be so cheesey and probably in a high school setting

But this is Gaga, the music video doesn’t have to do anything with the lyrics

xoxo Craig

Hair is atrociously bad :billie:   the piano version at Howard Stern is 100000 times better though

End Racism Now

RenegAde
39 minutes ago, BloodyM said:

Music not the bling. MTN is one if not Gaga's best pop song to day and to articulate it that way is just sad.

What is bad about How  i articulated it ?

Archived