đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Marry the Night should have been Hair

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde
1 minute ago, Sister said:

I think that Hair would have done worse than Marry The Night. I also think that Marry The Night would have done better publicly, with a short and cute video. I don't care though, I love what we got.

Hair literally reached  no12 without a music video , it would easily gone top 5 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

Well, I do think Hair would have been a cute single. But the Marry the Night video does not work for Hair. It specifically tells the story of Gaga's lowest point, and her relentless spirit to get back up and keep fighting. It's exactly the perfect video for Marry the Night and it wouldn't make any sense to use that concept for Hair.

Hair could have had a great, different concept if she made a video, I'm sure.

If we're talking strictly about commercial success, then BTW's singles weren't the best choices. But I think Gaga wasn't aiming for commercial success. At least not as a priority. She knew that when se released Judas.

DiskoBaby

Marry The Night underperformed because there was just too many singles being released in a short amount of time. There was three months between the first single and the album release, so much promo going on so much fatigue from 2009 and 2010 that by the time the album came out people were generally done with it. The Edge of Glory did well and so did You and I but Marry The Night was the overkill. 

djBuffoon
11 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Well it isnt honestly , its one of my best gaga songs but i cant listen to it twice back to back

I can't listen to any song back to back. :shrug: But I mean catchy in that, someone could hear it just once, and the hooks all throughout would stick with the listener. 

I think if it was the second single after "Born This Way", it would've been much bigger.

Blown Away

Should've been:

1. Born This Way

2. The Edge Of Glory

3. Marry The Night

4. Hair

5. Heavy Metal Lover

6. Fashion Of His Love

7. Judas

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

43 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Imagine gaga singing

" im not inlove this is my prayer that ill die living just as free as my hair "

I-

James Gibson

MTN underperformed cause Gaga was overexposed and her image was quite tired. She took too long to release it and even with good promotion the GP wasnt so in tune with her anymore. Plus the video being too long and released over a month after the song was promoted didnt help.

Still, it's my favorite Gaga song and music video ever. It's perfect and I loved that she released it regardless

Married the Night
52 minutes ago, Sister said:

I think that Hair would have done worse than Marry The Night. I also think that Marry The Night would have done better publicly, with a short and cute video. I don't care though, I love what we got.

Hair out charted MTN 

The Edge Of Glory

No way, gaga performed a million times hair on piano for promo, Marry The Night  - even the music already released - was a cool new music for the general public.

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Hair out charted MTN 

Only because it was released on itunes before the album came out tho

Luke78619
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

im not inlove this is my prayer that ill die living just as free as my hair

I thought it was “I’ve had enough, this is my prayer...”

Which one of us is the flop :messga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

domixwodix
2 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

I thought it was “I’ve had enough, this is my prayer...”

Which one of us is the flop :messga:

it is "I've had enough", so you're fine

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, Blastertoyo said:

Hair is one of the most overproduced songs ever

It didn’t all the bells and whistles and

hai I I I I I I air ei ei ei ei ei ei ei ei ei air

it should have been a piano ballad 

This. The album version makes me cringe, but when she sings it at the piano, it's one of my favorites. :heart: Yes, the lyrics are corny, but her performance makes up for it, and the message is sweet. 

She/Her/Hers

Archived