💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

‘Avatar 2’ Filming Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ 95% Finished

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

avatar-instagram.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

James Cameron provided his Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger with an update on the Avatar sequels during a recent chat for the 2020 Austrian World Summit. Speaking by video conference from New Zealand, Cameron said, “We’re 100% complete on Avatar 2 and sort of 95% complete on Avatar 3.” He added that the team is currently working on shooting the remainder of the live action. (Check out the video below.)

Cameron explained that the production lost “about four and a half months” owing to COVID-19, which “hit us like it hit everybody, it hit us hard.”  Avatar 2’s release, as previously announced, “rolled around a full year” because of the pandemic lockdowns, Cameron added. In July, Disney moved all the Avatar sequels, setting Avatar 2 on December 16, 2022 and Avatar 3 on December 20, 2024. The fourth and fifth pictures are due in 2026 and 2028.

Cameron praised New Zealand’s management of the coronavirusoutbreak, saying, “We’re very lucky in that we chose this as our production site years ago. We made the first film here in New Zealand and it turns out to be ranking first or second best country in the world for its COVID response.” In June, New Zealand announced it was virus free, though an August outbreak in Auckland forced a new alert level that has since been downgraded.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/james-cameron-avatar-2-complete-avatar-3-95-percent-finished-covid-new-zealand-video-1234586091/

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToxicHot

Wow they're really gonna milk this franchise huh :bradley:

109834824_10164307998545436_106137815492

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

and the first movie was released when? in like 2009? Lmao

This isn't the Avatar on everyone's minds now...

an angel held me like a child

Avatar was probably one of the biggest collective deliriums of the movie industry. So glad it lost the Oscar to The Hurt Locker.

Reality

I think James Cameron is putting way too much faith in these Avatar movies. The first one didn't do well because of the story or the characters (I mean let's be real, almost no one really remembers what it was about), but it did so well because of the technological advancements that were used for that movie. However nowadays, that's just sorta become the standard. There's nothing really special about movies like Avatar anymore.

🖤👹

austincola
Just now, M Monstre said:

I think James Cameron is putting way too much faith in these Avatar movies. The first one didn't do well because of the story or the characters (I mean let's be real, almost no one really remembers what it was about), but it did so well because of the technological advancements that were used for that movie. However nowadays, that's just sorta become the standard. There's nothing really special about movies like Avatar anymore.

THIS.

This is not gonna flop, apparently they developed a glasses-free 3D technology and people are gonna be crazy to see it, it will definitely be a mega-hit like Avatar 1 and will most likely snatch back Endgame's record.

I'm not so sure about the rest of the movies in the series tho lol

well, they have the balls to be that confident. talk about leap of faith. I know more people that hated that movie than other way around. Or thought it was just plain out boring

which kinda was. Curious tho..

Reality
1 minute ago, Red said:

This is not gonna flop, apparently they developed a glasses-free 3D technology and people are gonna be crazy to see it, it will definitely be a mega-hit like Avatar 1 and will most likely snatch back Endgame's record.

I'm not so sure about the rest of the movies in the series tho lol

I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic :bradley: 

🖤👹

Lord Temptation
27 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

Wow they're really gonna milk this franchise huh :bradley:

109834824_10164307998545436_106137815492

Unlike the ten Fast & the Furious movies or every Marvel/DC film of the last two decades? At least the Avatar sequels all share the (same) directors original vision. 

Archived