💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

‘Avatar 2’ Filming Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ 95% Finished

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Chromatican
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I still haven't seen the first movie out of protest for the last airbender.

This isn’t Avatar: The Last Airbender this is the James Cameron film about Pandora.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

The people in here acting like experts and professional predictors as if they know exactly how things are gonna go.

Lmafooo gtfo outta here. 

Can't wait for the next one! The first one was so good, and actually very memorable to a lot of people. One GGD local claiming it isn't doesn't make it so :smh:

I don't get why people hate the first one :duck: It was a cool movie with a nice message. I think it suffered from being compared to Titanic and whatever, but the movie by itself is pretty solid. Yes, there're parts that could have done without but it's not tragic lmao

As for the sequels, I do think that they took too long to produce it, but at the same time I'm sure the marketing behind is going to be insane.

Kindness rules all.

DiskoBaby
44 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I understand that, and I'm not denying that. I'm not saying that the directors, writers, actors, and special effects team are not responsible for each of their respective movies, but I also think you're downplaying Feige's importance to the overall MCU. It's still all Feige's vision. The directors that the MCU hires help to execute that vision. They have artistic input, absolutely, but let's not act like Feige doesn't do anything of service to the overall narrative. 

Also if anything, the MCU is too consistent. I don't understand your argument that it's too inconsistent. A very valid criticism that the MCU has always gotten is that their movies are just basically the same, just with different characters. I think that's valid, and I think that Phase 4 will change that.

Nah MCU movies are actually a lot more diverse than people give it credit for. Would you say the Guardians movies are on the same genre as the Captain America movies? Yes the humor is consistent but the movies are actually more genre diverse than people give it credit for. They do comedy, drama, romcom, Afro futurism, heist and war films. Yes they’re all sci-fi, yes they have a consistent comedy style but they’re all pretty diverse genre wise.

This is how I feel about this even if the sequels have yet to be released :air:

z7RKnUcEtJJ2OT2dbubMGAP9X6JdN1vHLB47Gah7

That being said, I'm pretty sure James Cameron has some tricks up his sleeve to make the sequel talked about. That's what he does basically. I don't know if it's going to outgross the first one though.

I actually think that there's a higher chance the first film gets a rerelease before the sequel and takes back the crown from Endgame. The difference in their box office earnings is only 7 million dollars. On a worldwide scale, that's peanuts and something that Cameron could easily pull off. Titanic's rerelease earned it more than 340 million dollars :air:

TimisaMonster
3 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I think James Cameron is putting way too much faith in these Avatar movies. The first one didn't do well because of the story or the characters (I mean let's be real, almost no one really remembers what it was about), but it did so well because of the technological advancements that were used for that movie. However nowadays, that's just sorta become the standard. There's nothing really special about movies like Avatar anymore.

Didn't do well? It was the highest grossing moving of all time until the last Avengers movie....

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Reality
7 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Didn't do well? It was the highest grossing moving of all time until the last Avengers movie....

Read my comment again. I never said that it didn't do well. I said that it didn't do well because of the characters and the story. It did well because of the technological advancements that helped make the movie. 

🖤👹

Reality
22 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Nah MCU movies are actually a lot more diverse than people give it credit for. Would you say the Guardians movies are on the same genre as the Captain America movies? Yes the humor is consistent but the movies are actually more genre diverse than people give it credit for. They do comedy, drama, romcom, Afro futurism, heist and war films. Yes they’re all sci-fi, yes they have a consistent comedy style but they’re all pretty diverse genre wise.

I agree that they're more diverse than people give them credit for, I'm just saying that I do think that that particular criticism is valid. 

Phase 4 is really going to show people just how diverse the MCU can get :hor: (both in terms of representation and story-telling).

🖤👹

Reality
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

One day I will sit down and do a MCU marathon. As I stated before in the past I have avoided them at all costs, in principle. So my criticisms come from reading and extrapolating from other people’s criticisms, both professional critics and anonymous ones. And they all seem to agree that the quality just gets lesser and lesser with each new film. But i’ll be the judge. I hope i’m pleasantly surprised. 

IDK which criticisms you're seeing because I haven't seen people say that the quality gets lesser and lesser with each film. Endgame, for example, was amazing. It's definitely one of my favorite MCU movies to date. 

🖤👹

Reality
1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

Nnnnnn not people here saying Avatar is forgotten when literally everyone knows it, and recognizes the Na’Vi character design. What’s next? Is the Alien franchise forgotten because it doesn’t get talked about as much? Pretty sure the Xenomorph is instantly recognizable. 

They're recognizable, yes, but that doesn't mean that it'll be the next highest grossing movie of all time :trollga: 

🖤👹

1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

They're recognizable, yes, but that doesn't mean that it'll be the next highest grossing movie of all time :trollga: 

OT: I'm listening to Replay and your avi fits perfectly :messga:

Kindness rules all.

Chromatican
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Did I say that it would? Regardless I’m sure the film will do well. The first Avatar was a cultural phenomenon and the last time James Cameron directed an extraterrestrial sequel starring Sigourney Weaver it was extremely successful.

Archived