💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

‘Avatar 2’ Filming Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ 95% Finished

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Regina George said:

The fact some people on here are dragging this movie without even knowing that without that movie some of their favorite movies like Avengers (which is straight up comedic mess) wouldn’t be possible (at least not in their original form) :billie: Avatar (like it or not) revolutionized cinema and made it what it is today. Never forget that. 

I agree with you, but take out the technology and it's a terrible Pocahontas parody. All form no substance.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
17 minutes ago, Regina George said:

The fact he spent so many years on this is because he was (once AGAIN) working on new technology that will go along with this movie. James is like that. He had idea for Titanic for many years before it was made. Same goes for Avatar 1. He waits for right technology and right time. I completely trust him with this one. Also I’d disagree with the storyline thing you mentioned. Avatar had a great story and I to this day remember it along with those stunning never before seen visuals. 

But the general public doesn't rememer much of Avatar. That's just the reality of the situation. I'm not hating on Avatar or James Cameron, I'm just simply saying that I think people are overestimating the influence that special effects may have on people. Look, we haven't seen the movie, so for all we know, maybe it will be the most technologically advanced thing we've ever seen, but in a world where there are already a lot of technological advancements, I don't think people are going to be as impressed as they once were back in 2009.

15 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I think you’re underestimating James Cameron honestly.. Are you forgetting that he’s the filmmaker who had 2 highest grossing movies in the word? Titanic and Avatar. + he’s such a visionary when it comes to his style and storytelling.. Never does the same thing twice. 

But Titantic and Avatar had special reasons for being such high grossing movies. IDK if Avatar 2 can strike lightning twice. He is a visionary, but just because he is a visionary doesn't mean that he'll get the highest grossing movie of all time again.

🃏🖤👹

4 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I mean yeah, it’s just weird cause it’s still a lot of money and it’s been 12 years since the first avatar so they’re definitely  sure that it’s gonna do well, right?

Well, I assume so. But even if it wasn't a sure hit, it's James Cameron's baby project, he's very very passionate about it and he's filthy rich, I think he would be making these films regardless.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Regina George
1 minute ago, Brecht said:

I agree with you, but take out the technology and it's a terrible Pocahontas parody. All form no substance.

I do agree that story is definitely not the strongest factor of that movie.. It’s good but nothing groundbreaking but the technology at the time was worth it. Hopefully he’ll find a way to make it impressive once again. 

Reality
11 minutes ago, Regina George said:

The fact some people on here are dragging this movie without even knowing that without that movie some of their favorite movies like Avengers (which is straight up comedic mess) wouldn’t be possible (at least not in their original form) :billie: Avatar (like it or not) revolutionized cinema and made it what it is today. Never forget that. 

Just @ me :billie:

I never said that Avatar wasn't revolutionary. I just honestly think it's arrogant to think that it'll gross anywhere near what the first movie did.

Also, the Avengers isn't a comedic mess :billie: People who say that just have a bias against those movies because even though there are comedic elements, there's a lot more to them. Phase 4 will show you the risks Marvel's willing to take :trollga: 

🃏🖤👹

whoresup

Why did they make 3 movies at once? Why not make 1 then afterwards do the next one?

If people are critical of this second film then it'll be too late because they won’t be able to really change it for the others. 

Regina George
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

But the general public doesn't rememer much of Avatar. That's just the reality of the situation. I'm not hating on Avatar or James Cameron, I'm just simply saying that I think people are overestimating the influence that special effects may have on people. Look, we haven't seen the movie, so for all we know, maybe it will be the most technologically advanced thing we've ever seen, but in a world where there are already a lot of technological advancements, I don't think people are going to be as impressed as they once were back in 2009.

But Titantic and Avatar had special reasons for being such high grossing movies. IDK if Avatar 2 can strike lightning twice. He is a visionary, but just because he is a visionary doesn't mean that he'll get the highest grossing movie of all time again.

One of the reasons those movies are extremely successful is their marketing.. He is smart I honestly think he’ll find a way to make them successful.. 

Regina George
3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Just @ me :billie:

I never said that Avatar wasn't revolutionary. I just honestly think it's arrogant to think that it'll gross anywhere near what the first movie did.

Also, the Avengers isn't a comedic mess :billie: People who say that just have a bias against those movies because even though there are comedic elements, there's a lot more to them. Phase 4 will show you the risks Marvel's willing to take :trollga: 

Actually I wasn’t talking about you directly. I was talking about all people in here doubting the impact of that movie. 

I personally don’t like movie with comedic elements. Without them it’s just action scenes without real story. 

Lord Temptation
12 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

That's actually not true though. He doesn't have the same artistic input as directors do, obviously, but he's still very much invested. He's a fan of the material himself. The MCU is built upon his vision.

Then why are the films so inconsistent? Simply being a fan doesn’t give him a free pass. Being an expert on the MCU does not guarantee good storytelling. Good directors and good writers create good stories. Not just good actors and realistic special effects.

3 minutes ago, whoresup said:

too late because they won’t be able to really change it for the others

They can re-edit the movie and shoot new scenes in the worst case scenario, but it often makes the movie even worse (hi DC how ya doin' :bear:)

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

i think the first movie was good on its own, no need to create FOUR more movies about it but okay, hope they are good

... and now i just sit in silence.

DiskoBaby
52 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

Just thinking how they gonna restore the momentum to release this sequel 12 years after...

Rerelease the original Avatar in theaters and make a really good trailer for the sequel. People would buy into it.

DiskoBaby
20 minutes ago, Brecht said:

The Pocahontas story line was funny at first but now it’s tiring to hear from people. All movies rely on tropes and using similar concepts. If we’re gonna pick on Avatar we mind as well pick on every top grossing movie ever. 

Lord Temptation
18 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Pocahontas was the terrible Pocahontas parody. Avatar is actually more like a space opera (without singing of course) than morality fable. It has far more in common with the original Star War films of the 70s-80s than anything from it’s own decade. 

Whatever it was or wasn’t, it certainly was more than what science fiction fans in 2009 were prepared for. People only say derogatory things about it (the usual “it’s been done before” schtick) because it made more money than any other film in history. Cameron is an easy target - literally only he can break his own record. That’s why it’s so fun betting ourselves that he can’t do it again.

Archived