Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

‘Avatar 2’ Filming Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ 95% Finished

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

thehanyo

Avatar was one of the most amazing cinematic experiences I've ever had.

You all are underestimating the power of James Cameron. The movie he directed before Avatar was... Titanic. Before that? True Lies, Aliens, and the Terminator movies.

He has NEVER directed a flop.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
Just now, Red said:

Nope

I just don't think that many people care about the "technological achievements" of moviemaking like they once did. I'm sorry, but when you have every other film nowdays with really great visual effects, so really cares about "glasses-free 3D tech"? 

Also, it's no way breaking Endgame's record. Even if I wasn't a huge Marvel fan, just objectively speaking, I don't think it can come anywhere close to that. Endgame was built on a franchise that consistently ran for over a decade. People were invested in the story and the characters. People just don't care about the Avatar franchise beyond the tech that was used for it.  

🃏🖤👹

Reality
4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Unlike the ten Fast & the Furious movies or every Marvel/DC film of the last two decades? At least the Avatar sequels all share the same directors vision. 

The Marvel movies all share Kevin Feige's vision.

But even though I love the DC properties, I do have to admit, their movies are all over the place :sweat: 

🃏🖤👹

1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

so really cares about "glasses-free 3D tech"? 

People who wear glasses and people who loved Nintendo 3DS :ladyhaha:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Reality
Just now, Red said:

People who wear glasses and people who loved Nintendo 3DS :ladyhaha:

Okay...but that's not gonna gross the movie $3 billion...

🃏🖤👹

SHALLOW

Why do y’all hate avatar? I thought it was great when it came out.  I didn’t love the plot and the characters but it looked amazing.

Just now, M Monstre said:

Don't worry, by the year 2035 Avengers 5 will snatch the record back :kiss: 

Regina George
10 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think James Cameron is putting way too much faith in these Avatar movies. The first one didn't do well because of the story or the characters (I mean let's be real, almost no one really remembers what it was about), but it did so well because of the technological advancements that were used for that movie. However nowadays, that's just sorta become the standard. There's nothing really special about movies like Avatar anymore.

The fact he spent so many years on this is because he was (once AGAIN) working on new technology that will go along with this movie. James is like that. He had idea for Titanic for many years before it was made. Same goes for Avatar 1. He waits for right technology and right time. I completely trust him with this one. Also I’d disagree with the storyline thing you mentioned. Avatar had a great story and I to this day remember it along with those stunning never before seen visuals. 

Reality
2 minutes ago, Red said:

Don't worry, by the year 2035 Avengers 5 will snatch the record back :kiss: 

Hunny I'm sorry, but I'd honestly be surprised if Avatar broke over $1-1.5 billion :billie: People just do not care about the franchise. The technological achievements made by the first movie are what made that movie especially. In a technologically advanced world, it will just not have the same amount of hype as it once did.

🃏🖤👹

1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

Why did they produce both movies at the same time tho? :bear:

Because it's cheaper and less time consuming to film two movies at the same time when a sequel is confirmed, they did that with Matrix 2 and 3, Infinity War and Endgame, etc.

Reality
1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

Why did they produce both movies at the same time tho? :bear:

Probably to save time and money. 

🃏🖤👹

Regina George
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think you’re underestimating James Cameron honestly.. Are you forgetting that he’s the filmmaker who had 2 highest grossing movies in the word? Titanic and Avatar. + he’s such a visionary when it comes to his style and storytelling.. Never does the same thing twice. 

Madam Margolyes
19 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Avatar was probably one of the biggest collective deliriums of the movie industry. So glad it lost the Oscar to The Hurt Locker.

True. And the fact that he lost to his ex wife :billie:

Archived