question

So... How's 911 doing?

Million Gypsies

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RockCandySweet

911 didn’t chart in Germany. Nowhere to be found on the iTunes Top 200 or airplay charts. :ohwell:

Lord Temptation

It’s a song that gets people instantly hooked once they hear it, and the video now too as well, so it’s definitely working to generate the buzz that will make Interscope/Gaga officially announce it as the third single. It won’t happen overnight though. 

Nothing else will do well on pop radio, but they may still throw things out and see if they get streamed. I think this is what interscope did with Billie she really only had the one hit then a bunch of other songs that people know but didn't get much airplay.

Genuine Guy 09
4 hours ago, Luke78619 said:

Has it been sent to UK radio?? :party:

Nope - i even messaged capital fm uk about it, i dont think they are going to send it to radio until ROM is completely done and they can see the response from the rest of Europe 

IMO They are being too slow with playlist reach and overall push, unless curators are saying no to it. If im honest, this will need a big push to get going. VMA performance in August and radio in Italy won't suffice. I think this will either be a very slow burn like MR, or not take off at all. (like MR WW)

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Lord Temptation

I just realised that if Chromatica is nominated for AOTY at the Grammys Gaga can perform any song. So perhaps she is saving officially releasing 911 till closer to the Grammys date in February, like around maybe November-December. That way it’ll get a cute boost when she performs it in early Feb at the Grammy’s. Releasing 911 ww right now when ROM is still charting top 40 (and showing no signs of falling) is kind of unnecessary.

GenericPhag

Can I just say, ROM was released 4 MONTHS AGO, it is DEAD! Not to say that it isn't still doing well, but we are far past the point of really promoting it. If they are waiting for ROM to completely taper off, that's clownery luv. The are treating the rollout for 911 kinda poorly imo. The only hype so far was from the VMA performance and mv, but that's gonna die out in like the next week or two. They need to send it to radio, get an official Tik Tok sound for the transition, and we need to get some good playlisting for it ASAP. If it was just for "promo", that's dumb because promo singles almost never happen after the album is released and 911 is pretty clearly the best single choice imo. I can understand wanting 911 to pull a MR slow-burn, going for longevity is a good route for a single post-album release, but the VMAs were over a month ago and something needs to be done. Pushing it would also help Gaga's Grammy campaign, so what are they waiting on?

Delulu Rogers

Is she not going to release another single and push it? Elections and Xmas are coming up so her window is closing

The Edge Of Glory
34 minutes ago, GenericPhag said:

Can I just say, ROM was released 4 MONTHS AGO, it is DEAD! Not to say that it isn't still doing well, but we are far past the point of really promoting it. If they are waiting for ROM to completely taper off, that's clownery luv. The are treating the rollout for 911 kinda poorly imo. The only hype so far was from the VMA performance and mv, but that's gonna die out in like the next week or two. They need to send it to radio, get an official Tik Tok sound for the transition, and we need to get some good playlisting for it ASAP. If it was just for "promo", that's dumb because promo singles almost never happen after the album is released and 911 is pretty clearly the best single choice imo. I can understand wanting 911 to pull a MR slow-burn, going for longevity is a good route for a single post-album release, but the VMAs were over a month ago and something needs to be done. Pushing it would also help Gaga's Grammy campaign, so what are they waiting on?

This, they are promoting with no proper single treatment :bon: and many fans here defend this terribles choices, the video was perfect, the vmas was amazing, but with the lack of promotion (single version, cover, send to radios and global release) next week the song will be dead. I don't expect any single more from this album, and I think only promo videos like 911 will come.

What's the point do see ads "next single 911 from lady gaga" on your country if it's not pushed by her label on local radios or playlists

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

HouseofLeather

The other day I was driving home from picking up dinner and the host on the radio was talking about the 911 video for a few minutes. So naturally I turned it up thinking, “oh hell yeah they’re going to play 911!” They then played Kings & Queens by Ava... :fthis:

For a good time, ask me about my doggo!

Archived