Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Dr. Luke a publisher on Ava's album?

Werk

Featured Posts

A user on PopJustice said how Dr. Luke might be the publisher of every single song on the record.

"I think his publishing deal with Cirkut isn’t done even thought they stopped working together.

Bonus points for Naked, a song he’s credited as a publisher twice (once through Cirkut and another time with Bonnie McKee).

We can’t win."

Does anyone know if this is true? sobbing.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tiny Purse

I mean circuit has worked closely with Luke a LOT, so I wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t think we can really fault Ava for this (and I’m not a stan). Luke’s hold in the industry is SO strong, most of our fav artists are linked to him somehow. 

JusKeepBreathin

At this point I doubt record companies are telling any female artist that Luke is their publisher. If you're mad blame the label. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

LOVE JUNKIE

Yeah I mean Cirkut is basically his protégé, but I haven't been able to find anything connecting Dr. Luke to the album. Cirkut now works with a different Luke, Luke Mitzman, since July 2020. Mitzman manages Cirkut along with Mike Caren who is the CEO of Artist Partner Group who published Heaven & Hell along with Atlantic Records. So perhaps they saw Luke Mitzman and thought that was Dr. Luke since Cirkut produced the album.

As far as I can tell Cirkut has cut all ties with Dr. Luke, but I guess you never know with contracts.

on a three day bender

I wouldn't be surprised at all because some of the songs on her album sound or have the same vibe as Kim Petras' halloween EP, especially Vol. II.

Danny Milk

At this point you guys just want to find any way to cancel Ava, the obsession is real

I guess it doesn't really matter

3 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

At this point you guys just want to find any way to cancel Ava, the obsession is real

I'm literally a MaxiPad, I asked this because I'm legitimately concerned as a fan, were you not able to smell that vibe in the OP or did you just think I was another hater?! :grr: 

LOVE JUNKIE
3 minutes ago, SOYEON said:

Similar thing happened to Iggy 

Yeah but that's writing and production. If you look at the writing and production credits for Heaven & Hell Dr. Luke is no where to be found: https://listen.tidal.com/album/155009465/credits

Also it's believed that Dr. Luke used a pseudonym on Savior since one of the producers is credited as "Manhun Glow" (https://listen.tidal.com/album/84002387/credits) who literally doesn't exist outside of this one credit. So Iggy might have just been lying about the situation to save face. And it appears that the producer she mentioned MHL has never worked with her: https://listen.tidal.com/credits/9108328

After some more research I found that Cirkut did have a publishing deal with Dr. Luke's Prescription Songs but it seems that that deal has ended and has been replaced by a deal with 100 Mangament/AGP.

on a three day bender

MonsterofFame

He probably is involved, his label won’t even admit that producer Tyson Trax is him on all of Doja’s songs even though he has songwriting credit. 🙄

That being said, y’all should be trying to cancel Tory Lanez for ya know, actually shooting a woman in the foot after telling her to dance. 

36 minutes ago, Werk said:

I'm literally a MaxiPad, I asked this because I'm legitimately concerned as a fan, were you not able to smell that vibe in the OP or did you just think I was another hater?! :grr: 

16 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

He probably is involved, his label won’t even admit that producer Tyson Trax is him on all of Doja’s songs even though he has songwriting credit. 🙄

That being said, y’all should be trying to cancel Tory Lanez for ya know, actually shooting a woman in the foot after telling her to dance. 

Oh my lord I'm not trying to cancel I'm literally a MaxiPad can y'all please smell and taste the tone of the OP please :neyde: DO I NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK?! tenor.gif

LOVE JUNKIE
10 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

There aren't any shady producer pseudonyms of Heaven & Hell. And no one's trying to cancel anyone here.

I've been looking into this for the past hour and there's no connection to Dr. Luke. I did find out that Dr. Luke made money from "Don't Start Now" by Dua Lipa which I didn't know about. Emily Warren is a writer on that song and is signed to Dr. Luke's Prescription Songs.

on a three day bender

5 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

There aren't any shady producer pseudonyms of Heaven & Hell. And no one's trying to cancel anyone here.

I've been looking into this for the past hour and there's no connection to Dr. Luke. I did find out that Dr. Luke made money from "Don't Start Now" by Dua Lipa which I didn't know about. Emily Warren is a writer on that song and is signed to Dr. Luke's Prescription Songs.

Can you please go more into DSN? I keep hearing about him being connected to it and I don't know what to believe sobbing.gif

ETA: @LOVE JUNKIE I found this:

"

Luke has a hugely successful publishing company (not a label) and Emily is signed there as a songwriter (she doesn't 'work for' his company). Many of your faves songs are written by writers signed to the company. Lauv is also signed there, 

Artists Luke is making a lot of money from without directly working with them include Selena Gomez, Lizzo, Ella Mai, Arizona Zervas, OneRepublic, Tori Kelly, Little Mix, Years & Years, Charli XCX, Camila Cabello, Tinashe, 5SOS, Anne-Marie, Rita Ora, Maroon 5, Cardi B."

Archived