💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Dr. Luke a publisher on Ava's album?

Werk

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Y'all act like it easy to cut someone so powerful out of the picture completely. It took a conviction to bring Harvey Weinstein down and he will still make money from his companies for years to come even if he isn't tied to them in a decision making role anymore. 

We're talking about companies that employ lots of people not just one person anymore. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOVE JUNKIE
33 minutes ago, Werk said:

Can you please go more into DSN? I keep hearing about him being connected to it and I don't know what to believe sobbing.gif

ETA: @LOVE JUNKIE I found this:

"

Luke has a hugely successful publishing company (not a label) and Emily is signed there as a songwriter (she doesn't 'work for' his company). Many of your faves songs are written by writers signed to the company. Lauv is also signed there, 

Artists Luke is making a lot of money from without directly working with them include Selena Gomez, Lizzo, Ella Mai, Arizona Zervas, OneRepublic, Tori Kelly, Little Mix, Years & Years, Charli XCX, Camila Cabello, Tinashe, 5SOS, Anne-Marie, Rita Ora, Maroon 5, Cardi B."

Dr. Luke owns Prescription Songs. Emily Warren is signed to Prescription Songs as a songwriter. Therefore any song she writes on Prescription Songs gets a cut. Royalties and how much money each person makes from a song are complicated but I'll try to break it down in a very oversimplified way...

DSN has four songwriters (one of which is the performer, Dua Lipa and the other is the producer, Ian Kirkpatrick) so the royalties get split between those four people. Then each of those people split the money between themselves and their label/management/team.

So most of the royalties of DSN are going to go to Dua Lipa and Ian Kirkpatrick since they both have two credits on the song. In the end I'd guess Emily Warren is getting 15% or less of the royalties. Since she's signed to Prescription Songs a chunk of her royalties go to them. Since Dr. Luke owns Prescription Songs some of that money will end up going to him. So in reality it's a pretty small percent of the money that ends up in his pocket.

But this also allows Prescription Songs to boast about having a song of theirs go 3x Platinum and have over a billion streams on Spotify and they can use that clout to lure in new artists who have no idea Dr. Luke is even affiliated with them. You can see them posting about DSN on IG: https://www.instagram.com/rxsongs/ as well as Kim Petras and Doja Cat songs.

on a three day bender

8 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Dr. Luke owns Prescription Songs. Emily Warren is signed to Prescription Songs as a songwriter. Therefore any song she writes on Prescription Songs gets a cut. Royalties and how much money each person makes from a song are complicated but I'll try to break it down in a very oversimplified way...

DSN has four songwriters (one of which is the performer, Dua Lipa and the other is the producer, Ian Kirkpatrick) so the royalties get split between those four people. Then each of those people split the money between themselves and their label/management/team.

So most of the royalties of DSN are going to go to Dua Lipa and Ian Kirkpatrick since they both have two credits on the song. In the end I'd guess Emily Warren is getting 15% or less of the royalties. Since she's signed to Prescription Songs a chunk of her royalties go to them. Since Dr. Luke owns Prescription Songs some of that money will end up going to him. So in reality it's a pretty tiny amount of money that ends up in his pocket.

But this also allows Prescription Songs to boast about having a song of theirs go 3x Platinum and have over a billion streams on Spotify and they can use that clout to lure in new artists who have no idea Dr. Luke is even affiliated with them. You can see them posting about DSN on IG: https://www.instagram.com/rxsongs/ as well as Kim Petras and Doja Cat songs.

How convenient that you share and right on their story they literally have this:

https://i.imgur.com/ZWzNdeW.png

How annoying

AcademicWindingDipper-size_restricted.gi

LOVE JUNKIE
2 minutes ago, Werk said:

How convenient that you share and right on their story they literally have this:

https://i.imgur.com/ZWzNdeW.png

How annoying

AcademicWindingDipper-size_restricted.gi

Yup and they have stories about the success of "I Like Me Better" and "Roxanne". Basically any song they post about Dr. Luke is making some amount of money off of

on a three day bender

1 hour ago, Danny Milk said:

At this point you guys just want to find any way to cancel Ava, the obsession is real

Literally little monsters are turning into madonna stans circa 2011. Yall turning into the people you swore that youd never become lol. The bitterness and hatred I have seen here lately is just disgusting lmfao. Literally piss yourselves and cry when someone brings up reductive lol

Yall are like what? In your late 20's and 30's? You guys are literally adults get a grip on life and focus on yourselves.

JusKeepBreathin
3 minutes ago, monster said:

Literally little monsters are turning into madonna stans circa 2011. Yall turning into the people you swore that youd never become lol. The bitterness and hatred I have seen here lately is just disgusting lmfao. Literally piss yourselves and cry when someone brings up reductive lol

Yall are like what? In your late 20's and 30's? You guys are literally adults get a grip on life and focus on yourselves.

And you haven't even visted the Charts Discussion section yet. :ladyhaha:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

13 minutes ago, monster said:

How many times is OP going to have to say that they don't want to cancel Ava? Is it not a fair question to ask? Y'all spend your whole day on this website being shitty to Gaga and to each other but how dare someone ask a question about a known abuser still getting support in the industry?

This isn't about blaming Ava. She's a new artist and clearly doesn't have enough power to exclude herself from everything that's thrown her way. This is about understanding how a man can get accused of something as grave as raping someone and simply just change his name to continue working with popular names. The tone of the post is very clear in what it's asking and there's more bitterness coming from y'all than there ever was from the OP.

Chromatography
11 minutes ago, monster said:

this exactly.

little monsters indeed. 

Chromatography
3 minutes ago, nest said:

How many times is OP going to have to say that they don't want to cancel Ava? Is it not a fair question to ask? Y'all spend your whole day on this website being shitty to Gaga and to each other but how dare someone ask a question about a known abuser still getting support in the industry? This isn't about blaming Ava. She's a new artist and clearly doesn't have enough power to exclude herself from everything that's thrown her way. This is about understanding how a man can get accused of something as grave as raping someone and simply just change his name to continue working with popular names. The tone of the post is very clear in what it's asking and there's more bitterness coming from y'all than there ever was from the OP.

they’re literally not even talking about the op, just everyone else in the comments who constantly drag ava for no reason at all but go off

LOVE JUNKIE
1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

they’re literally not even talking about the op, just everyone else in the comments who constantly drag ava for no reason at all but go off

Has anyone even been dragging Ava in this thread :huh:

on a three day bender

1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

Except no one's doing that here? How is this related to the post at all? "The whole fanbase is toxic and mean but not me! I'm a saint!"

Chromatography
Just now, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Has anyone even been dragging Ava in this thread :huh:

Just now, nest said:

Except no one's doing that here? How is this related to the post at all? "The whole fanbase is toxic and mean but not me! I'm a saint!"

it’s like you guys don’t even read

”the bitterness i’ve seen here lately” is not constrained to one thread. 

LOVE JUNKIE
Just now, Chromatography said:

it’s like you guys don’t even read

”the bitterness i’ve seen here lately” is not constrained to one thread. 

I know but then why post that on this thread specifically? Why complain about people dragging Ava on a thread where no one is dragging Ava?

on a three day bender

Chromatography
Just now, LOVE JUNKIE said:

I know but then why post that on this thread specifically? Why complain about people dragging Ava on a thread where no one is dragging Ava?

because honestly it’s inevitable, literally every single ava thread will have someone dragging her 

Archived