Lady Gaga Talks About Americano Performance in Mexico in recent interview

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jacs vs looser

OMG I was there, it was really amazing. 

Where is this interview excerpt from? I imagine it's new (?) 

1 hour ago, Cookie Tookie said:

One of her best songs, but y’all ain’t ready for that conversation 

Americano is simply magical. There's something about that song that you can't find elsewhere in her discography. I can't put it into words.

It truly is a magical song and a hidden gem of hers:saira:

Lemme go give it a listen real quick :bon:

KatieJudasGaga4
19 minutes ago, zerojk said:

This may be more a label decision than hers...

unfortunately, even tho MBT was SUPER successful in Mexico City, BTWB didnt sell out, i know this also happened in some Latin American countries, it was the time when she received a lot of hate from the media and internet.

but i’m sure if she came again, she would 100% sell out, she is in a great position again

The BTWB in Mexico City did sell out though. I know wikipedia isn't super reliable, but according to the page, the only show where she didn't sell out was Bogota ,Colombia.

3 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Also, does anyone know where we can read the full interview?

Right? It's in Italian and I've been waiting for someone to translate the full interview :giveup:

I just found this excerpt on the web. The full interview still isn't available online afaik (somebody better hurry up!)

https://www.amica.it/2020/09/26/lady-gaga-intervista-profumo-voce-passione-e-tutte-le-donne-della-sua-vita/

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

TimisaMonster

It was an epic performance singing the song while thunder and lightning happened in the background and Judas was performed in the rain as well

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ShtoopidLahv
1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

The first time I heard it live was this, and if I remember right it was all improvised. This concert also introduced me to jazz Gaga  :vegas:

OMG what??!!! I didn’t know this existed :cryga: This is ****ing amazing??!! When was this performance? I’m obsessed omg :firega:

Pennywise
Just now, ShtoopidLahv said:

OMG what??!!! I didn’t know this existed :cryga: This is ****ing amazing??!! When was this performance? I’m obsessed omg :firega:

You should find the whole concert if you can, it is one of my favorite festival performances ever. She does amazing in every single song here, and she also sings Orange Colored Sky too :firega:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

ShtoopidLahv
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

You should find the whole concert if you can, it is one of my favorite festival performances ever. She does amazing in every single song here, and she also sings Orange Colored Sky too :firega:

I really want to. Which tour/year was this concert? 

MonsterofFame

Whenever I see clips from the BTW Ball I’m sad that I never got to go before it was cancelled.

The stage and her energy was so grandiose.. she was in her prime and before she got injured and burned out.

Pennywise
Just now, ShtoopidLahv said:

I really want to. Which tour/year was this concert? 

It was to promote Born This Way, in that BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend thing. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2011/artists/ladygaga/

this one specifically

Also, here's the second half of the show, but I couldn't find the first half:fatcat:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

girl i remember when she debuted this live on that show, i was living, i still think it sounds better on piano, also there were some angles where you can see there was lightning in the sky as she singing it, wow what a moment

gumzy3000
2 hours ago, HybridAT said:

Americano is such a powerful song. I just don't understand why fans hate it. If you don't understand Americano, you don't fully understand the message behind BTW.

I love the message but I wish the composition and general sound of the sling was cleaner and simpler. I think there is just too much going on all at once :hor:

trolly troll troll

papergangster
58 minutes ago, Achromatic said:

She loves mexico yet she didn’t came back :selena:

Wasn’t she back not too long ago for Sarah’s wedding? :bear:

Archived