💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Chromatica made my mom cry

Featured Posts

For starters, My mother (43)  and my father (49) had been married since April 1999. My dad was never really a husband to her and he was never really a dad to me. He was mean, manipulative, rude, unkind, racist, homophobic, unlovable, etc. He had been cheating on my mother since.. maybe before christmas? He rarely did stuff with me. He would choose to come home after work every day and sit on the computer and play video games until it was dinner time and after dinner he would do the same. He called me gay for listening to artists like Gaga and Madonna. He never was here for me. My mom found out he was cheating in mid-july a day after she made him leave after a huge argument. I haven't even felt much of a change because thats how unfatherly he was. 

So today, since my mom was on her phone in the living room, I decided to introduce her to some more of Chromatica because she has only heard Stupid Love and ROM at this point. While I was in the kitchen washing dishes, I told our living room alexa to play some songs. She didn't really care for Replay but was able to sit through Alice. I then had her listen to Fun Tonight and Plastic Doll. I broke down and started crying in the kitchen during Plastic Doll and when I finished and came out, I saw that she was too. She asked me why I played those songs and I told her "They're literally you."

TLDR: I played Fun Tonight and Plastic Doll for my mom because the songs were what she had become because of my horrible father. We both ended up crying together.

MonsterPug

What a beautiful moment. I’m sorry you’ve had a tough time with your father. Hopefully things are better for for you and your Mother ❤️

I'm so sorry for what happened to you and your mother. But on the positive side, you'll both be able to have a fresh start now and she can meet a better person. I think even if you're hurting now, you'll both feel way better than you did when he was still here.

How beautiful that you and your mother cried to those songs, that is the power of music :flutter:

StuckInMyMind

Oh hun! That’s so sad to hear but I’m happy for you both that you’re out of the situation (or at least healing from it) 

Proud of you both

BlingNotTheMusic

I thought you were going to say 1000 Doves and I would've said SAME

But I'm glad you and your mom dad a moment 💞

43 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

I thought you were going to say 1000 Doves and I would've said SAME

But I'm glad you and your mom dad a moment 💞

I was about to say alexa play 1000 doves but I was too choked up

10 minutes ago, Quartz said:

I cried to Plastic Doll too! Something about being used.

Thats what my dad did to her. He used her. He controlled her. She was his plastic doll. She wasn't allowed to have "Fun tonight".  My dad treated her as less than she what she was. He made fun of her hair, her clothes, her make up. These days since he's been gone have been the first days that I have seen my mom wear red lipstick on the regular.. something that my dad didnt like.

1 minute ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Plastic Doll is my fave song off the album and I’m glad you and your mom love it too :heart:

omg not relating to the topic but can u alert us when you change your name to something like that HDGSHKSD

WORLDofGAGA

Music is such a powerful thing, sorry for what you both have been through, I really wish the best for you both 🙏🏻

@W0RLDofGAGA

I'm so sorry for what you both have been through but I'm so glad you both could find a common healing space in her music. Sending much love :kara::heart:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Archived