💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The original artRAVE opener was 'Gypsy'

HausOfAntonio

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio

Excerpt from the book 'ThoughtRAVE':

With “Swine,” I wanted to energize people… You’re exactly right I wanted to rally the energies in the room into a unified presence. “Gypsy” is very much an intro (planning to open with it on tour); it takes the low buzz and hum of excitement and ramps it up into a singular but chaotic excitement while serving to introduce not only me but the tones of the album. - page 65 on the document

You can find a link to this (very weird and complicated) book in my other thread: 

MJHolland

how am I just seeing this im shook, do we get other insights like this in the book??

that's funny that she thought of it as an opener. I always imagined it being a closing song . I remember really wanting it to be the last single and to get a farewell tour video for it (which I also just found out we sorta got?! I'm literally an avid viewer of this cult site idk how I miss these things:air:

HausOfAntonio
Just now, MJHolland said:

how am I just seeing this im shook, do we get other insights like this in the book??

that's funny that she thought of it as an opener. I always imagined it being a closing song . I remember really wanting it to be the last single and to get a farewell tour video for it (which I also just found out we sorta got?! I'm literally an avid viewer of this cult site idk how I miss these things:air:

This book is a literal rabbit hole to fall into. It paints Gaga in a way I've literally never seen before. But that being said, there's not much 'insight' in the sense you're describing, ie. juicy details about her music. Its more endless philosophical musings.

TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

the fact that BTW, ARTPOP, and Joanne tours never got a DVD... :bradley:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Danny Milk
2 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

the fact that BTW, ARTPOP, and Joanne tours never got a DVD... :bradley:

at least the artrave was livestreamed

I guess it doesn't really matter

2School4Cool

That’s such an interesting concept to me, although I suppose I could see it if it was pulled off properly, starting super stripped back and then catapulting into the uptempo “tonight” part. I think it was the perfect encore, though!

See The Best In Everyone

VOLANTIS

I don't trust this book tbh. In 2014 there was a whole book someone published a "Gaga interview" where she supposedly says really ugly things about Beyonce and it doesn't take two braincells to determine it was false and also there's no way Gaga would just out of the blue come out and diss Beyonce for absolutely no reason. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

artpopulace

It was the perfect encore though, and I think set the standard for the following tours. We got Million Reasons then Shallow... although I think Chromatica Ball's encore will end with Babylon YAAAAAAS. Although it does not have a piano part, I think it will start with album version then catapulting to the Bloodpop Early Version YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

high heeled fem

Glad she didn’t 

ARTPOP was a ****ing magical opener :giveup: the way she appeared with wings ... stood there and made a bow arrow so slowly :nooo: ****ing legendary :icega:

lady gaga burqa GIF

• 2 months later...
dynamite
2 minutes ago, stephcat said:

If there is another iconic opening like Artrave Ill jump off a cliff. Joanne tour was a snooze..... 

This wasn't worth bumping a thread for. :bear:

HausOfAntonio
8 minutes ago, dynamite said:

This wasn't worth bumping a thread for. :bear:

As the OP I’ll take the clout where I can get it

tenor.gif

• 8 months later...

As great a song Gypsy is, ARTPOP was still the best opening choice for the artRAVE. Gypsy sounds more like a finale/encore rather than an opener.

ARTPOP is still Lady Gaga's best album.

Archived