💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Boys In The Band (2020)

KNJ

Featured Posts

Who's watching? 

Premieres September 30th on Netflix!

This is the second film adaptation of the 1968 Tony Award-winning play, starring the original openly gay cast of the 2018 Broadway revival.

Based on the Tony Award-winning play that changed a generation, The Boys in the Band follows a group of nine gay men who gather for a birthday party in 1968 New York City - only to find the drinks and laughs interrupted when a visitor from the host’s past turns the evening upside down.

Starring Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells, Charlie Carver, Robin de JesĂşs, Brian Hutchison, Michael Benjamin Washington, and Tuc Watkins.

Produced by Ryan Murphy.

Directed by two-time Tony Award winner Joe Mantello.

Based on the groundbreaking work of Mart Crowley.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Born This Way

Produced by Ryan Murphy and Zachary Quinto is in it? Absolutely not.:billie:

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

38 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I know nothing about it’s previous version but this looks promising. WILL be watching :vegas:

I wouldn't do this if it was available online, y'know, legit-like but it's a classic. Keep it on the hush hush😏

16 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

Produced by Ryan Murphy and Zachary Quinto is in it? Absolutely not.:billie:

Animated GIF

Born This Way
2 hours ago, KNJ said:

I wouldn't do this if it was available online, y'know, legit-like but it's a classic. Keep it on the hush hush😏

Wow, I really liked that! It was so heavy.

Maybe I'll watch the Netflix one. It's just that I really don't think Ryan Murphy's usual gaggle of gays (except for Matt Bomer :pole:) have the kind of range to do this lol. I especially just don't Jim Parsons, Andrew Rannells, and Zachary Quinto pulling off those roles, at least not as intensely as the original.

6 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

Wow, I really liked that! It was so heavy.

Maybe I'll watch the Netflix one. It's just that I really don't think Ryan Murphy's usual gaggle of gays (except for Matt Bomer :pole:) have the kind of range to do this lol. I especially just don't Jim Parsons, Andrew Rannells, and Zachary Quinto pulling off those roles, at least not as intensely as the original.

I'm watching this link now...was it sped up for you too? :huh:

Glad you liked it! Should watch some of Crowleys interviews, making of etc stuff. The context of when and how it was created, as well as the world displayed, is its significance. 

As for the actors, are any of these his usual gays other than Bomer? They are known high caliber theater actors and Joe Mantello is a damn legend -- directing or acting. Have you seen A Normal Heart? Another classic gay literature turned play, turned film --directed by Murphy and casting Mantello tho. Parsons is excellent as he played the role on Bway already. For this one, I think Quinto has the distant coldness and Rannells and the rest of the cast are theater vets. I don't wanna read any reviews of the play before the premiere cuz they'll be plenty of comparison articles out too. I'm excited!

Born This Way
Just now, KNJ said:

I'm watching this link now...was it sped up for you too? :huh:

Glad you liked it! Should watch some of Crowleys interviews, making of etc stuff. The context of when and how it was created, as well as the world displayed, is its significance. 

As for the actors, are any of these his usual gays other than Bomer? They are known high caliber theater actors and Joe Mantello is a damn legend -- directing or acting. Have you seen A Normal Heart? Another classic gay literature turned play, turned film --directed by Murphy and casting Mantello tho. Parsons is excellent as he played the role on Bway already. For this one, I think Quinto has the distant coldness and Rannells and the rest of the cast are theater vets. I don't wanna read any reviews of the play before the premiere cuz they'll be plenty of comparison articles out too. I'm excited!

Yeah it was sped up I guess. But the quality was really good which I didn’t expect for a 1970 movie.
Some of them are pretty usual for Ryan imo. Like Quinto and Bomer were in AHS, Jim Parsons was in Hollywood, and Rannells was in this short lived show Ryan did called the New Normal. I feel kinda bad cuz I don’t think I know who Joe Mantello is. Also, I’m a mess and I don’t know really anything about broadway and stuff lol. I’m just going by my opinions on some of Ryan Murphy’s newer shows like AHS, Hollywood, and Ratched which just aren’t that great to me.

But I hope you’re right.

Born This Way

Ok also I was being kinda ridiculous when I said I didn’t think Jim Parsons could play that kind of role. I know he’s like an acclaimed actor on broadway and other shows but I’ve only seen him in the Big Bang theory and Hollywood lol. I just hadn’t seen him do something like that. :billie:

ssslyboy
4 hours ago, KNJ said:

Who has seen the original?

What'd you think?

I have.  It's very dark and bitchy ... but fun :awesome:

5 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

Yeah it was sped up I guess. But the quality was really good which I didn’t expect for a 1970 movie.
Some of them are pretty usual for Ryan imo. Like Quinto and Bomer were in AHS, Jim Parsons was in Hollywood, and Rannells was in this short lived show Ryan did called the New Normal. I feel kinda bad cuz I don’t think I know who Joe Mantello is. Also, I’m a mess and I don’t know really anything about broadway and stuff lol. I’m just going by my opinions on some of Ryan Murphy’s newer shows like AHS, Hollywood, and Ratched which just aren’t that great to me.

But I hope you’re right.

2 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

Ok also I was being kinda ridiculous when I said I didn’t think Jim Parsons could play that kind of role. I know he’s like an acclaimed actor on broadway and other shows but I’ve only seen him in the Big Bang theory and Hollywood lol. I just hadn’t seen him do something like that. :billie:

Yknow, the thing about Murphy shows is, you may not like the show but he pulls the best talent. Some  new and promising (and being recast in Murphy prods help expose/establish them -- like Paulson) but the heavies are always high/low-key acting legends (like Paulson) and highly likely out actors. Like this cast is powerful! Can't wait to see Mantellos direction. Joe Mantello(aka low-key legend) actually was in Hollywood. He was the closeted gay producer in cahoots with Holland Taylor's character (another out actor that's actually Sarah Paulsons longtime partner :hor:).  I think I liked New Normal. Rannells and de Jesus are multiple Tony award winners. I'm so excited :excited2:

Definitely see The Normal Heart (HBO and Prime Video, legally) Parsons, Mantello and Bomer and Ruffallo are great. Even got Jonathan Groff and Finn Whitrock (very good here)

...and Angels I'm America...And Falsettos. I'm sure there's a list of essential queer theatre, def one for film. The Celluloid Closet? Tho I'm not sure they would have docs like Surviving A Plague, Before/After Stonewall and the Harvey Milk one :huh:

I'll find clips if you want. Would love to share

Sorry babbled ... need sleep 😴

vyniildisk
4 hours ago, Born This Way said:

They're both insufferable. :bear:

I find everything ryan murphy does (except for scream kweenz s1) very harsh, bizarre and hard to digest, i dont like it

Archived