💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga and vocal effects

Aleks

Gaga using autotune/vocal effects  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Gaga using autotune/effects?

• I love it! Sounds amazing and elevates the songs
    • Ew, no thanks... She’s destroying her amazing vocals
    • Depends (comment below)

Featured Posts

So, I was having a Gaga marathon and I just realized every album had at least one song with heavy use of autotune/effects on her vocals

- The Fame - Poker Face, Paper Gangsta, ...

- The Fame Monster - So Happy I Could Die, ...

- Born This Way - Heavy Metal Lover, ...

- ARTPOP - AURA, ...

- Chromatica - 911, Plastic Doll, ...

The only one that doesn’t have any is Joanne, but it makes sense since most of the album is very “natural” sounding and less electronic than her other albums.

What do you think about Gaga using those effects? Do you think it elevates the songs? Do you think they would’ve sounded better without them? Discuss!

I’m in no way hating on her for using effects, because we all know the girl has them pipes! I was just curious to see what y’all think. :vegas:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

numb the flame

Joanne has John Wayne right? Pretty sure John Wayne is drowning in autotune. Theres probably a lot of pitch correction on Joanne I think I read that somewhere. 

1 minute ago, spamuelbtanner said:

Joanne has John Wayne right? Pretty sure John Wayne is drowning in autotune. Theres probably a lot of pitch correction on Joanne I think I read that somewhere. 

Oh, for sure

But I mean songs that don’t use any pitch correction are kinda non-existent in today’s music tbh

I think these effects (in those songs they are presented) are making these songs more special and that's great:firega:

spread kindness🤍

MiQuenDroid
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I love it on every album except ARTPOP. The autotune/vocal effects on ARTPOP songs make her sound lifeless

The vocal effects in Aura... :laughga:

All I ever wanted was love...

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I love it on every album except ARTPOP. The autotune/vocal effects on ARTPOP songs make her sound lifeless

Aura is full of life wdym 

Poltergeist

I'm a huge fan of vocal effects, of course if it's not the only thing the artist can represent.

My second favorite, Banks, performs some of her songs with two mics, a regular one and one with disorted vocal effects, and it's amazing to watch her switch between them during one song!

Heavy Metal Lover was my favorite Gaga's song for almost 10 years before Sine From Above arrived, and it's probably her most robotic song next to 911

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

9 minutes ago, Poltergeist said:

Heavy Metal Lover was my favorite Gaga's song for almost 10 years before Sine From Above arrived, and it's probably her most robotic song next to 911

Oh my... Heavy Metal Lover is my favorite song ever. Period. Not just by Gaga... :giveup:

All of Gaga's songs have autotune, it is completely normal because what sounds great live doesn't necessarily sound so great in a studio. Just because autotune is used doesn't mean that the artist can't sing, and sometimes it's not heavy at all and you have to pay attention to it to even hear it (Joanne album) 

Well, sometimes it works perfectly (Just Dance) and sometimes I think it's way too much (Speechless :enigma:) but overall I do have a positive opinion about it. The 2nd chorus of PI is more autotuned than the first and I like it better

Original Diva

I love vocal effects. 

BUT in moderation. 

If gaga were to do an entire album with heavy vocal effects, I don't think I would be here for it. I need a balance. 

I think it also depends on the song, the message, the production, the vibe... 

excuse me no

vyniildisk

i absolutely love it, i think they enhance up and midtempos if done properly, strategically and by top notch producers luv xx

Archived