Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What happened to Gaga before GUY video?

ceminay

Featured Posts

Where is LG7

she probably took some rest and gathered energy. she mustve prepared and started conceptualizing for G.U.Y. to be executed properly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that she went through so much during ARTPOP and came back in full force with G.U.Y. and fed her fans is truly iconic. 

Lord Temptation

Her label refused to pay for another video or single release after DWUW. They deemed the era as dead by December 2013. They gave up on her. She spent her own money making the video for G.U.Y.  knowing the song would not be played on the radio. 

Stephen

“I became very depressed at the end of 2013,” she said. “I was exhausted fighting people off. I couldn’t even feel my own heartbeat. I was angry, cynical and had this deep sadness like an anchor dragging everywhere I go. I just didn’t feel like fighting anymore. I didn’t feel like standing up for myself one more time—to one more person who lied to me.”

Gaga said the only way she was able to break free of the depression was by confronting herself on New Year’s Day. She looked in the mirror and warned herself that if she didn’t fight she would not survive the slump. “I really felt like I was dying—my light completely out,” she said. “I said to myself, ‘Whatever is left in there, even just one light molecule, you will find it and make it multiply. You have to for you. You have to for your music. You have to for your fans and your family.'”

Gaga added that she didn’t feel like depression was depleting her “talents”; instead it made them harder to find. “I learned that my sadness never destroyed what was great about me,” she said. “You just have to go back to that greatness, find that one little light that’s left. I’m lucky I found one little glimmer stored away.”

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Gaga said the only way she was able to break free of the depression was by confronting herself on New Year’s Day.

And she posted that note about the DWUW video delay and the era restart exactly a day later :bradley:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

“I became very depressed at the end of 2013,” she said. “I was exhausted fighting people off. I couldn’t even feel my own heartbeat. I was angry, cynical and had this deep sadness like an anchor dragging everywhere I go. I just didn’t feel like fighting anymore. I didn’t feel like standing up for myself one more time—to one more person who lied to me.”

Gaga said the only way she was able to break free of the depression was by confronting herself on New Year’s Day. She looked in the mirror and warned herself that if she didn’t fight she would not survive the slump. “I really felt like I was dying—my light completely out,” she said. “I said to myself, ‘Whatever is left in there, even just one light molecule, you will find it and make it multiply. You have to for you. You have to for your music. You have to for your fans and your family.'”

Gaga added that she didn’t feel like depression was depleting her “talents”; instead it made them harder to find. “I learned that my sadness never destroyed what was great about me,” she said. “You just have to go back to that greatness, find that one little light that’s left. I’m lucky I found one little glimmer stored away.”

She's such a damn phoenix. So strong. Such a fighter. :bradley:

Also Troy's a d!ck and thank gawd for Bobby

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

4 hours ago, HybridAT said:

She basically was in a terrible place, with her management team falling apart after her manager quit and her album being torn to shreds by the media and the public. She posted this on littlemonsters.com on Jan 1st, 2014 talking about the radio silence.

wpid-1388966648972.jpg

Wow, I remember this happening and it being a big deal, obviously feeling sad for her and all, but seeing this 7 years later as a grown person I feel even worse for her. My teenage self could've never related or understood half of what I do now.

I'm so glad she kept making music, let alone release a short film so soon after that. Not everyone can be that strong and it sucks that she had to go through it all in the public eye in the middle of an era.

papergangster
4 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

This is so sad. Every single era, she is battling or struggling with some type of demon. 

The life of an artist

high heeled fem
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Her label refused to pay for another video or single release after DWUW. They deemed the era as dead by December 2013. They gave up on her. She spent her own money making the video for G.U.Y.  knowing the song would not be played on the radio. 

****ing disgusting label

we are talking about lady ****ing Gaga here. GUY video is a freaking masterpiece it’s such a beautiful video 

it was only released nov 6th....and they knew a tour was coming so hmm not sure about that comment 

Perhaps Gaga collaborating with a serial rapist and Pedophile along with a dirty video combined ... was too much for Interscope? They probably had seconds thoughts... got worried & then annoyed at the money the video cost & maybe R Kelly’s label threatened them for cancelling video? 

either way- the fact we never saw that video saved her career. Let’s be happy it never got released, What we saw of it was terrible too.

Im so sad Gaga went through such a sad time,

I am so happy she has chromatica 

TimisaMonster
4 hours ago, Jose P said:

The ARTPOP era was such a dark time :bradley:

Now we see why she says she's doesn't care to remember ARTPOP... :cryga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Lord Temptation
18 minutes ago, high heeled fem said:

****ing disgusting label

we are talking about lady ****ing Gaga here. GUY video is a freaking masterpiece it’s such a beautiful video 

it was only released nov 6th....and they knew a tour was coming so hmm not sure about that comment 

Perhaps Gaga collaborating with a serial rapist and Pedophile along with a dirty video combined ... was too much for Interscope? They probably had seconds thoughts... got worried & then annoyed at the money the video cost & maybe R Kelly’s label threatened them for cancelling video? 

either way- the fact we never saw that video saved her career. Let’s be happy it never got released, What we saw of it was terrible too.

Im so sad Gaga went through such a sad time,

I am so happy she has chromatica 

In 2013 there was intense media criticism of Gaga. Remember the story that got picked up by the global press about Gaga costing her label $20 million in losses? I wouldn’t be surprised if that rumour - easily verified to be unsubstantiated but unverified by the entire global media - came directly from Interscope. They knew Gaga was depressed and on the verge of either quitting music or changing labels. So they wanted to make ensure Gaga took a major paycut just in case - by making sure any potential new contract with a competitor would be worthless. Her own label devalued her, just in case she decided to sell her stake in the current contract.

Speaking of the Global Media vs Gaga hate campaign, we can’t forget that article by Vice titled “The Bitter End of Lady Gaga’s Career”. How utterly despicable and deplorable. This was not journalism. This was the corporate system wanting to shame an artist into fear and isolation. And they came so close to pushing her over the edge.

She really said “Forgive me ARTPOP”?
I’m crying now:fatcat:

8 hours ago, ceminay said:

I now remember that post actually, so sad :(

I remember that but I also recall how she was constantly out promoting those days too. Back then it didn't feel like it was affecting her that much, but now (probably because I'm more mature now lol...) it seems she was way more stressed than we thought.

spread kindness🤍

Archived