Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Applause is Underrated

RRR

Featured Posts

Just now, NFRockwell said:

Not even top 5 in my favorite AP songs :bear: it’s kinda too loud for me, but I’m happy other people enjoy it and honest any song from Gaga deserves to be a top 5 hit, even you Christmas Tree

You like other songs from ARTPOP? :wtfga:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
2 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Also:

1. You have not been here longer than me, but that actually doesn't matter. :huntyga:

2. It's not negative to poke fun at "Roar," an immensely popular song. It's clearly a fun little joke. You just didn't interpret it that way. You ever hear of people teasing someone they like? :huntyga:

Going off your join date I have been, sorry if that's incorrect. I was only saying that because you said I didn't belong here because I didn't like a negative joke. It's just been hard with how much negativity HAS been on the site lately so trying to make it a more positive place seems like a goal for a lot of people here. Sorry if saying that you insulting her song made you feel defensive, but it's in an effort to make the site an overall more positive experience without an excess of negativity or shadiness. 

Applause is a fabulous burst of energy, a swirling maelstrom of acrylic synths and choppy processed vocals. Its pleasingly peculiar while retaining its hookiness.

But I think it's rightly regarded as a mid-tier song in Gaga's pantheon of hits. The lyrics are nonsensical and solipsistic, and the melody feels wan in comparison to her signature songs.

5 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

Going off your join date I have been, sorry if that's incorrect. I was only saying that because you said I didn't belong here because I didn't like a negative joke. It's just been hard with how much negativity HAS been on the site lately so trying to make it a more positive place seems like a goal for a lot of people here. Sorry if saying that you insulting her song made you feel defensive, but it's in an effort to make the site an overall more positive experience without an excess of negativity or shadiness. 

I appreciate that! I don't feel defensive. I believe members have to correct the record when someone frames them as being negative, because if they don't then public perception can twist of that member, when in reality it's just a playful little joke. I am not a negative person. :huntyga:

I only wish you liked Godplause more than you do! :messga:

16 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

I'm sorry but I've been here longer than you have and we've had years of tearing down other female artists, specifically KP, just because she isn't someone's favorite. Excess negativity is a problem and there is no need for it. You could have made this positive thread about Applause just by saying it was overshadowed by Roar. It was unnecessary :( 

It was marketed to overshadow ‘Applause’. A litte bit of shade has nothing to do with facilitating negativity, let alone tear a person down.

35 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Applause was a smash that is severely underrated. It was all over the clubs, all over the gyms (every single time I went to the gym for a few months), and if I remember correctly, stayed in the top 10 for 14 weeks. It was a true hit

Then how is it underrated then? :bear:

Just now, Doot said:

Then how is it underrated then? :bear:

People don't give it recognition. It's the hit that was swept under the rug :selena:

Just now, LadyGoo said:

People don't give it recognition. It's the hit that was swept under the rug :selena:

Bruh, we love Applause around here!

Just now, Doot said:

Bruh, we love Applause around here!

Is that true? Because don't lie to me

It deserves to be regarded as one of her best bops

cBA.gif

androiduser
40 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

However, Applause was a smash that is severely underrated. It was all over the clubs, all over the gyms (every single time I went to the gym for a few months), and if I remember correctly, stayed in the top 10 for 14 weeks. It was a true hit

then how is it unerrated? it's rated just fine

Just now, androiduser said:

then how is it unerrated? it's rated just fine

People just tend to leave it off their list of hits from her. I know she has so many hits but it's like people just forget that Applause was a banger

It's not right

cBA.gif

Archived