Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Chromatica resurges on UK chart thanks to 911

RenegAde

Featured Posts

Economy
10 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Many Chartsters actually like the rule

I think it's OK because if a song is popular it will still chart like Rain On Me, and if it is still genuinely popular it won't succumb to the rule. I like the rule, but not the week they do it in, I think it should get 12 weeks. It doesn't effect its units overall and if a song is top 10 for 12 weeks we've established its popular 

I don't like it because in my mind a chart shouldn't be about giving more songs a chance to climb higher. Your giving more songs a chance to reach the top by changing numbers and being innacurate

I'd rather just see a chart that makes the positions based on the stats as they are without changing it to see a true reflection of where stuff is at (regardless if Old Town Road already spent 19 weeks at #1)

Just my opinion. I'm not gonna like petition for it to change or something it's not even my countries chart. Just saying it sounds like something that defeats the purpose of a chart in the first place

Genuine Guy 09
25 minutes ago, Economy said:

Just my opinion. I'm not gonna like petition for it to change or something it's not even my countries chart. Just saying it sounds like something that defeats the purpose of a chart in the first place

Yes that's fine I understand, you wouldn't be the only one.. I like the idea of it with some tweaks. They also have a rule where only 3 songs per album can chart thanks to Ed Sheeran.

Again, I'm always somewhere more down the middle with the contemporary UK Chart rules. Like I think it should be 5 songs to reflect popularity better again.

Had Chromatica had 5 songs chart, 911 and SL would've charted during Chromatica release and 911 would've got a #32/33 peak and we'd be in a better situation now for example. But the Ed Sheeran thing was ridiculous lol 10 songs all occupying the top 10 and then they clogged up the top 40 for weeks :air:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Archived