Featured Posts

Just now, Economy said:

Where is it now?

I guess it depends on which country we are talking about 🤔🧚🏻‍♀️

spread kindness🤍

Economy
Just now, Kittery said:

I guess it depends on which country we are talking about 🤔🧚🏻‍♀️

I meant the UK since this is about UK...

I thought there was a general UK chart... Or is each Country charted seperately? :huh:

Genuine Guy 09
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Where is it now?

Spending its 18th week top 40, at #34 - but keep in mind UK have an ACR rule for a song that charts for 9 weeks - it spent its first 9 weeks top 5

https://www.officialcharts.com/search/singles/rain-on-me/

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Genuine Guy 09
6 minutes ago, RedOneKonvictGaga said:

What does this rule mean? It's confusing :madge:

If in the songs 10th week, it's the third week in a row with a decrease in SPS/consumption, it will go 'recurrent'. Therefore for the following weeks,  its SPS total for that week is cut in half (but only for the chart, not its overall units outside the chart). It's a tactic employed to stop top 5 residencies for months and keep the chart fresh. Without ACR, Rain On Me would've spent a long time top 10.

You can see where it happens if you see the full run - in its 10th week ROM fell from #4 to #21, but obviously it hasn't free fell by that much - it was the chart rule coming into play. 

A song can come out of 'ACR' if it increases three weeks in a row once it has gone into ACR. This actually happened to ROM, and then it's position reflected its actual popularity. It'll probably go into ACR again at some point. 

Cc @Economy

Here's the technical way of it explained:

https://absolutelabelservices.com/ukchartstreamingratios/#:~:text=Accelerated Chart Ratios (ACR)&text=In order to keep the,funded streams) will be applied.

Economy
8 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

If in the songs 10th week, it's the third week in a row with a decrease in SPS/consumption, it will go 'recurrent'. Therefore for the following weeks,  its SPS total for that week is cut in half (but only for the chart, not its overall units outside the chart). It's a tactic employed to stop top 5 residencies for months and keep the chart fresh. Without ACR, Rain On Me would've spent a long time top 10.

You can see where it happens if you see the full run - in its 10th week ROM fell from #4 to #21, but obviously it hasn't free fell by that much - it was the chart rule coming into play. 

A song can come out of 'ACR' if it increases three weeks in a row once it has gone into ACR. This actually happened to ROM, and then it's position reflected its actual popularity. It'll probably go into ACR again at some point. 

Cc @Economy

Here's the technical way of it explained:

https://absolutelabelservices.com/ukchartstreamingratios/#:~:text=Accelerated Chart Ratios (ACR)&text=In order to keep the,funded streams) will be applied.

To me that sounds dumb. A chart should be a ranking to measure popularity as it is not to "keep it fresh" by manipulating numbers :toofunny:

If u cut points in half so other songs can get a chance at the top then the top spots start to not mean much

It's like winning a game against experienced ppl because they went really easy on u. That's what cutting an older songs points in half is equivalent to in my mind :emma:

Genuine Guy 09
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

To me that sounds dumb. A chart should be a ranking to measure popularity as it is not to "keep it fresh" by manipulating numbers :toofunny:

If u cut points in half so other songs can get a chance at the top then the top spots start to not mean much

It's like winning a game against experienced ppl because they went really easy on u. That's what cutting an older songs points in half is equivalent to in my mind :emma:

Many Chartsters actually like the rule

I think it's OK because if a song is popular it will still chart like Rain On Me, and if it is still genuinely popular it won't succumb to the rule. I like the rule, but not the week they do it in, I think it should get 12 weeks. It doesn't effect its units overall and if a song is top 10 for 12 weeks we've established its popular 

Archived