💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Daniel Radcliffe open to HP return, only if JK Rowling is not involved

COOOK

Featured Posts

A few years ago a report in the New York Daily News said that Warner Bros. is planning to adapt a new Harry Potter movie based on the West End play 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' with Daniel Radcliffe in mind to play Harry:

“Warners is secretly working on getting the movie rights and a screenplay settled, and of course in their minds only one man (Radcliffe) should be Harry,” a well-placed Hollywood source is quoted as saying in the NY Daily News.

“However he has made it clear that his mind is certainly not focused on returning to the role anytime soon — and that could be until he hits 40.”

Cut to 3 days ago, this article had this to say:

[...] "we’ve now heard from our sources – the same ones that told us Ahsoka Tano will appear in The Mandalorian and Ryan Reynolds had a secret cameo in Hobbs & Shaw – that the Guns Akimbo star is open to the idea of a cameo or even a proper return to the role, but he has one condition.

According to our intel, Radcliffe would only consider an appearance in the Wizarding World if J.K. Rowling isn’t involved in whichever project he signs up for, as he looks to distance himself from the author’s controversial series of statements. It seems the studio would need to pick between star and creator, then, though we already know which one the fans would instantly throw their support behind.

In any case, it’s nice to hear that the actor hasn’t totally ruled out a return and is still open to it, and it’ll be interesting to see if Warner Bros. decides to honor his request. "

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

i'd be so here for it 

every year or so I rewatch the movies and I have never not cried at the ending of the last film, I need something else with them in it!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Not the cursed child! Voldemort can't be dad, it ruined his whole character psychology forever :cryga: I pretend it doesn't exist as a canonical episode of the saga :crossed:
+ the whole plot basing on  time travels 

DiskoBaby

What more is there to tell? No one wants to see The Cursed Child. He’s all grown up now and saved the world. It’s over.

Cursed Child need a lot of fixing on the plot and writing if they really want to adapt it. There is reason why that play didn't run very long.

It literally ruins the whole lore, and then Fantastic Beasts make it worse by ruining things that were thought to be canon but then FB told different story.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

alsemanche

Imagine wasting any more money or effort on the Cursed Child when it's already a mess.

Also it's a  nice sentiment from him, I believe Emma Watson also opposed Rowling recently and posted a pro-trans message when the whole sh*tshow happened. But still, the Wizarding World will always be associated with Rowling. She owns it after all. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

LastNight

The Cursed Child plot was absolutely dreadful and I refuse to acknowledge it as canon; I thought it was a joke when I read it :ladyhaha:

Good for Daniel if this is true, although personally I would just leave it alone entirely and appreciate the books and movies for what they were. Either way she's still going to profit in some way from this new movie, so I'd leave it be.

1 minute ago, LastNight said:

The Cursed Child plot was absolutely dreadful and I refuse to acknowledge it as canon. I thought it was a joke when I read it :ladyhaha:

I didn't even catalog it next to the main 7 books on my shelves. :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

OK but how would she not be involved? Even if she's not a part of the creation process, she's still attached to the Harry Potter brand and will get paid for it, therefore, she's involved

And a Cursed Child movie would be bound to flop even if JK was not cancelled

This is an absolute bullshit rumour. He’s never said this. And if there’s going to be any new Harry Potter productions (like the rumoured tv show for HBO Max) there’s no point if she is not involved. She has to be. 

xoxo Craig

Harry Potter has been dead a long time now. Why would they revive something that ended years ago? Plus, JK created the world of Harry Potter. Its her penship brought to life via film. There can't be Harry Potter without her. 

End Racism Now

I hate JKR and I hated The Cursed Child but..... I would certainly love to see that incredibly stupid killer trolly lady on film :lmao:

Archived