💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension

Ryusei

Featured Posts

alsemanche

OMG i totally forgot he's releasing it today!! I will give it a listen soon. I havent heard any of the singles yet so this should be interesting. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

It's not out for me for another few hours, but I've had Video Game on repeat since it was released... perched to listen to the whole thing 

Where should a beginner start with Sufjan's music? 

And I don't mean the best album but what's a good starting point? Any suggestions? Maybe a few random singles and then an album? 

3 minutes ago, youandi said:

Where should a beginner start with Sufjan's music? 

And I don't mean the best album but what's a good starting point? Any suggestions? Maybe a few random singles and then an album? 

Hmm maybe I'm not the best person to give advice on this as I have not heard all of his albums (but intend to). I got introduced to him through Mystery Of Love and Visions of Gideon (featured in Call Me By Your Name) Maybe Tonya Harding (another single) He's more of an album artist and a lot of them are quite long. Carrie & Lowell is a really gorgeous but also sad album, can't go wrong with that, I've never seen anyone say they don't like that album. If you like the Ascension, I heard Age of Adz is kind of similar in style. And Illinois is another one that is very acclaimed by listeners and critics alike. I also heard Seven Swans and really enjoyed that one. 

Musery

5 hours ago, ShtoopidLahv said:

Is he a hunty?

I think he's just a great ally. He has pride songs, did the music for Call Me By Your Name and has some relatable lyrics, but he's never really said.

2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Hmm maybe I'm not the best person to give advice on this as I have not heard all of his albums (but intend to). I got introduced to him through Mystery Of Love and Visions of Gideon (featured in Call Me By Your Name) Maybe Tonya Harding (another single) He's more of an album artist and a lot of them are quite long. Carrie & Lowell is a really gorgeous but also sad album, can't go wrong with that, I've never seen anyone say they don't like that album. If you like the Ascension, I heard Age of Adz is kind of similar in style. And Illinois is another one that is very acclaimed by listeners and critics alike. I also heard Seven Swans and really enjoyed that one. 

Hmmm OK, I might give those a go that got you introduced. Yeah I've heard Carrie and Lowell is a good place to start but I'm not sure. I do enjoy explicitly sad music but I think it can be quite heavy and isn't always the best place for me to start with an artist I'm new to but it sounds like I should probably just go for it 

1 minute ago, youandi said:

Hmmm OK, I might give those a go that got you introduced. Yeah I've heard Carrie and Lowell is a good place to start but I'm not sure. I do enjoy explicitly sad music but I think it can be quite heavy and isn't always the best place for me to start with an artist I'm new to but it sounds like I should probably just go for it 

This new album may also be a good starting point honestly, it's quite electronic and a lot less heavy. 

Musery

Archived