Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

sine from above could be as successful as shallow

CHROMATICCOLORS

Featured Posts

CHROMATICCOLORS

i think that sfa has a potential because of it's lyrics, production, vocals, and of course gaga and elton

Nothing ever stays the same, nothing ever changes.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The incessant discord link plugging...

EgPk5RYX0AY9qKM?format=jpg&name=360x360

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

CHROMATICCOLORS
Just now, HybridAT said:

The incessant discord link plugging...

EgPk5RYX0AY9qKM?format=jpg&name=360x360

because i can rn

Nothing ever stays the same, nothing ever changes.

Reality

I think it could be big, but not "Shallow" level big. 

Part of the appeal for Shallow was that it featured Bradley Cooper (who's a famous actor who had previously shown no signs that he could sing) and that it was part of a big movie.

Then again, many people (including myself) doubted Shallow's ability to become a big hit at first, so you never know...

🖤👹

hijadeputa

No it wouldn’t do good... it’s not a sound that is popular right now so it would just flop harder than Katy’s latest album. And imo it’s not a single worthy song

bloody g

I don't think so. The production isn't fresh, it is too much for radios, Elton isn't a magnet of hits either, it is also a bit long at 4:00, also the ending reduces its replayability value which would hurt streaming numbers. This being said I love the song so much :heart:

Probably something more commercial like Alice or Replay would be the move. Although knowing Gaga I wouldn't be surprised to see Babylon or SFA as you said.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

GenericPhag

I love the song, but the idea that it would be this huge smash makes no sense. It's a bit long for radio and streaming, the sound of it is not anything like current pop music in a bad way, the breakdown at the end would repel the GP so fast, etc. I could see an acoustic version like the one for the Valentino commercial doing well, but the album version would tank imo. I just don't see where it would logically do well, but then again Gaga's had weirder hits so who knows ig. 

ToxicHot

I love it so much, but I don't see it being a massive hit AT ALL. The sound is way too outdated for radio, like maybe it could’ve had a chance during the 2011-2012 period where EDM was super popular, but even then the production/breakdown is kinda early-2000’s.

1000 Doves and Free Woman are more radio-friendly and safe (even compared to 911), even if the sounds on both have a few dated qualities as well. 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Poltergeist

I think it could smash with an amazing video and a good promo. Like my friend said, it's like Pink's Just Give Me A Reason, but in space and on drugs. A duo noone knew they needed

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

I don't know about that but I believe it has the chance to be HUGE in Europe and in the States (if re-released as a piano/orchestral single for US radios). It just needs a MV with stormy backdrop like in the Chromatica photoshoot and one high profile performance (Grammys) that ends with tears, preferably :sis: 

I just wanna see her talk more about this song on her interviews as I believe it's the heart of the record and musically her best song since The Edge of Glory, probably.

OH and the piano remix would probably bring her two more Grammys for best collaboration and SOTY. :firega:

AndrewGr

Its arrangement isn't mainstream at all. With a different production it would've been a huge hit but it wouldn't fit on Chromatica. 

Archived